Overcrowded Realm Update – August 21

Uhhhhh… WHAT.

I got ALL the ones I wanted on Blaumeux. Some true icons too

Just lock all the full servers for now. Force people to spread out. If new players can’t join their friends; perfect, maybe their friends will move off the server.

3 Likes

No, I’m talking about concurrent users. It’s higher now than it was in 2006, as the Blues have already stated. In 2006, approx 3000 concurrent users was the max (based on a ex-dev interview I read) the game could hold – and that would have been considered “High” back in 2006. The Blue stated above that is now considered “Low”. So, I would estimate that 6000 is Medium, 9000 is high, and 12,000 is “Full” and probably around 15,000 is when we would see “Locked”.

How many people actually roll characters on a realm is irrelevant, and has never been capped or locked as far as I know. It’s always been unlimited. It has to be. If a friend playing on “Locked Server A”, and wants their friend to join them, the game has never stopped someone from creating a character and playing with their friends.

2 Likes

no one wants to play the “blow me” dead meme realm thatll be dead in 3 months

1 Like

It’s like when the airlines overbook their seats, and someone get removed forcibly… kicking and screaming…

except you cant exactly delete the character if its locked, or can you.

its gets better … Now you can expect to not even make it in to the Q … We the fans have finally broken WoW …

Lest you all forget,
YOU THINK YOU DO, BUT YOU DON’T

2 Likes

I just looked at Northdale’s stats and if you think for a second that anyone believes that 1.6 million characters were created on, then you’re dreaming.

These numbers are total garbage. 3 million characters created on Lightbringer? By actual humans? Not a chance.

1 Like

No. It isn’t. Did you read what I quoted? It. Literally. Says. They. Are. Not. Raising. The. Play. Cap.

You’re talking about the ability to create a character on that realm. That has been raised.

Read it again! I even bolded the part where they say it!

1 Like

Since the PVE EST servers are both full, where are we suppose to go to?

8 Likes

I’m sick to death of hearing people say “They shouldn’t add more servers that will just die, etc”

But want to play in my time zone. Period. That isn’t an unreasonable thing. I want to play PVE, but all the ET time zone servers are FULL. The PVP servers in ET are all FULL or HIGH population. I’m not playing on an RP server as I have no intention of following RP rules and I don’t want to destroy the RP gameplay for people who enjoy it.

So perhaps, Blizzard should have looked at creating more servers to start with.

TBH though its like they want Classic to fail, because who is going to play it if they can’t log on and they can’t share a server with their friends.

It is true, I am “no one”

1 Like

People are joining the "high and "full population realms because they already have a population - there is a severe overestimation of people’s willingness to contribute to the building of a new population instead of taking the easy way out to join an already-established one. Why flesh out a server with no people and risk no others joining when you could just join one you know is full? That’s the mentality a lot of these people have who have recently made new characters on Whitemane, Faerlina and still Herod, and it’s negatively impacting the people who had already initially made characters there when the servers were opened for character creation. Many of my friends, who were initially establishing their characters and had already reserved characters, are now feeling pressured to leave their already-dedicated decisions to accommodate themselves due to the new crowds of people continuously pouring into these non-new servers, and it’s extremely irritating.

While Blizzard should have had more servers available at the start, hindsight can only account for so much. If Blizzard is to open new servers, or manage their currently new servers, they should alter the count of the population to appear as “medium” or “high” - while this would be misleading (initially), it would play into the theorized psychology of what I stated being plausible to be happening above. Players would join Blaumeux thinknig it’s a “medium” or “high” population server, with it in reality being “low” population, but then it would draw enough people to make it become genuinely “medium” or “high” and the problem would solve itself. This is easily remedied by the fact that Blizzard most possibly open emergency servers and transfers on launch day. I’m aware this is underhanded (and probably not strictly legal), but it’s just an idea to activate the almonds for other possibilities.

Alternatively, PICK BETTER NAMES. PLEASE. No one wants to play on a server with a Four Horseman whose name sounds like [EXPLICIT].

1 Like

By your definition, then, there is no PvE server that will not experience queues at launch. Are we going to see more?

Open up more servers with good names.

2 Likes

So, how about just split servers into temporary realms that get combined in 2 weeks? Ex. Herod1, Herod2, Herod3.

That should give players ample warning about what’s going to happen to their server and still let people on to play it during launch.

1 Like

Just lock the full realms 4Head

I do this for a living, and I find this is hard to explain in real life as well. I don’t know how to explain it any clearer.

I understand the logic of this, but it would greatly impact the ability to create a community.

Like, what if you were curious about X Guild. You’ve read their posts on the forums and you like their mentality. After the split, they’re on a different server. You’ll have to wait weeks before you can actually talk to them or play with them.

1 Like