Overcrowded Realm Update – August 21

ABOVE medium. Reading is fun

2 Likes

At this rate Herod’s queue will have it’s own queue.

6 Likes

my thoughts exactly luna, if they dont open another est pve server its gonna be a shet show, im sure all the south americans are gonna be est.

3 Likes

I would go to Skeram, but bugs are nasty…have you SEEN the guy?! Giant walking roach!

1 Like

But… we actually don’t have our realm choices now. Several realms (at least) are actually missing. For example, Blizz is telling players to move off of realms with high or full server populations. If you’re rolling on a PvE server, you literally can’t do that.

Because players are less likely to move from a realm they’ve already rolled on. Having enough realms at the beginning is a much better option.

I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. AWS (and other cloud systems) will happily scale the amount of allocated hardware dynamically with load. Right now nobody is actually in game, so each realm requires a bare minimum of actual server hardware to operate. You pay less when there’s less load and more when the load increases. So the idea that there are a bunch of server racks just sitting idle is fundamentally not how it works anymore.

1 Like

SOO i was just looking at addons for classic, and maybe its counting retail However it seems this version has only been added in June of this year… what im referring to is DBM classic. if im seeing it right, it has over 239M downloads. 239 Million. not thousand.

is it at all possible no one is even close to predicting what will happen on launch or is it possibly counting over the many years. o-o;

2 Likes

I think we are talking about two different things.

You’re talking about more people rolling chars on a server. So more people that want to play.

But I’m talking about actual play caps, IE, how many people can play at once. That cap is the same as vanilla.

All this does is increase queue times. It doesn’t make the world feel more populated- they’re only allowing in the same amount of players they had before.

They’re doing it to hedge their bets later that as players stop playing, your realm still has a healthy population.

But what it really means is that for the first 2-3 weeks, every realm is going to have ridiculous queues, which, ironically, will drive some people away.

It’s a self fulfilling prophecy that could easily be avoided by having a healthy amount of servers and offering transfers later if population starts to drop.

1 Like

People you ain’t going to even make it to the queues for the Realms, the Login server is going to crash harder than the Hindenburg well before that.

4 Likes

Wait wait WAIT … You want folks to move to avoid Q’s which negatively effect a persons gameplay… BUT any server with medium or above will have Q’s …

WHERE DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO MOVE TO BLIZZ ???

5 Likes

wow you could have stopped after the “I don’t want to be on a pvp or rp server” comment but you had to go full entitled child and threaten to go private server again with THEIR new client. frack off kid

4 Likes

I say the WOW forums have a giant party during launch. Because lets face it…ALL THE SERVERS ARE GOING TO BURN! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have no idea where you’re getting these numbers from, but 5k isn’t a “dead” ps. Most PS are lucky to get 5k concurrent users without bots inflating the population.

2 Likes

Good advice. I deleted my characters on those realms and created them again on Low and Medium population servers.

People like myself that were saying you guys should have started with more servers are just sitting back now going: “I told you so”. Seriously, the moment I saw only 11 servers to start with, I knew this was going to be an issue.

2 Likes

I supposed this is the last time we’ll be allowed to reserve names prior to a launch.

1 Like

From Northdale. 5k is when the felt dead. It used to have 9k daily, and it started to drop and it wasnt as lively anymore.

Ya’ll can just keep your butts out of Blaumeux. I don’t want you bringing your nasty queues

2 Likes

And now those servers are HIGH and FULL or close to it . So some folks moved losing their names and will now have to prolly move again … Bright Side … You might get your name back when you move for the third or forth , maybe fifth time :slight_smile:

1 Like

The amount of people who can create characters on a server has been raised.

The amount of people who can log in and play is the same as Vanilla. That’s what that post I quoted says.

So they’re allowing 2-3x the amount of people to create characters on a realm but not allowing more of them to play. So like they said, expect 10k queues.

Which is asinine.

1 Like

I agree. “They’ve massively underestimated demand, and massively overestimate the dropoff rate”

1 Like