Overcrowded Realm Update – August 21

I dunno. But what it comes down to is a lot of people are making the name of the server and the name of their character paramount.

Not getting logged in, not getting through queue, not getting to play the game - their name.

I think perhaps priorities should be shuffled.

1 Like

You will indeed sir.

For the Alliance!

1 Like

MEGA-SERVERS are the solution here. Population will never go low and it decreases the chance of server dying.

People that are refusing to switch would love to play on the highest populated realm, so naturally they would all wanna come here. Leaving the other realms with players that dont enjoy mega servers. If its too crowded or chaotic, itll fix itself. The players wont quit, they would instead go to a normal pop realm. On the contrary, it would make blizz more money in the long run because it would take longer for people to level and advance. There is no downsides to having a mega server.

1 Like

Ah ya brilliant plan, tell everyone to go to Stalagg then change your mind days later without telling anyone that Medium = Full

3 Likes

So BFA (Battle for Access) makes a return…yes!

11 Likes

Sigh. I’m getting tired of quoting this.

Blizzard blue post in one of the pinned posts:

“While we are able to fit several times more players on a single realm in 2019 than was the case in 2006, we are not going to raise that cap any further, even though we have the technical capacity to do so. Raising realm caps would simply forestall the problem, letting more players in at launch but creating an unsustainable situation down the line, with severe queues when we turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 of our content unlock plan.”

They have allowed more people to roll on a server. They have NOT raised the cap for how many of those people can play at the same time.

6 Likes

This x1000 it needs so many more likes

There trying to trick us, if you were there name day launch stay with what you picked /wink

1 Like

Sounds to me like a medium server will have some queues, maybe 5-10 min. And a Full server will have ten HOURS of queue.

“While we are able to fit several times more players on a single realm in 2019 than was the case in 2006, we are not going to raise that cap any further, even though we have the technical capacity to do so. Raising realm caps would simply forestall the problem, letting more players in at launch but creating an unsustainable situation down the line, with severe queues when we turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 of our content unlock plan.”

They have increased the number of people who can create characters on a realm, not how many people can play at the same time.

Reading is FUNdamental!

Thanks for proving my point.

I don’t know how it can be any more clear, that the populations are higher now than they were then.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s going to be any mediums servers on launch day tbh :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Looking at this madness from the outside is exhilarating. Can’t wait for launch day lol

2 Likes

That is crazy talk!

Anyone who says Blizz has no fault in this mess has been dropped on their head a few to many times… So anything with medium will have Q’s yet no more servers being added today ? and only one is @ low right now … And the real tourists have not even re subed or started yet … Wait till launch day …

3 Likes

Open. More. Servers.

4 Likes

I’ll move off Pagle in a heartbeat, but there’s nowhere to move to as all the ‘normal’ realms are High or Full.

5 Likes

Well…guess they’ll be learning the hard way and planning better for BC. Monday is going to be a blast.

1 Like

Mm … I take that to mean they’re not going to raise the cap any further than they have already, else they’d not be saying that those servers who are full HAVE many times more people.

I mean, we’re talking 8-10 hour queues, which we never had anything approaching that in any expansion.

However, since Blizz is not actually releasing any pop numbers, you can still take so many things in different ways.

2 Likes

Dead meme realms down the line.

Increasing the player cap and prolonging phase 1 is what will sustain a healthy pop and allow players into the game