Over half a year...No fix. Blizz don't care?

Tons of replies. Still a persistent problem for many for over half a year. Does blizzard even care?

Starting to think not.

3 Likes

I had this issue on my Nvidia 1060 in the past. All I did was reinstall the drivers . I am not on my PC so I don’t remember to what version it was updated to . What have you tried to do to solve it ?

1 Like

From what I’ve googled, this isnt a blizzard issue, it’s an nvidia issue.

2 Likes

I’m no expert but isn’t that something on the graphic-company side of things. It’s out of Blizzard’s hands to be honest.

3 Likes

you’d think after 6 months they would find a resolution with nvidia. Probably has something to do with them promoting AMD’s SSAO.

Doesn’t solve it for me unfortunately. RTX3060

Either way OP, this isn’t a problem Blizzard can solve. It’s a problem that only Nvidia can solve.

2 Likes

I can confirm, they do not care.

I have the driver right before the flickering started and I have zero issues.

I feel like this is more of a Nvidia issue than a Blizzard one.

My all AMD PC (Ryzen CPU and Radeon GPU) has zero issues while my Acer laptop that has a Intel CPU and a Nvidia GPU suffers from that issue since pretty much I bought it and no drivers updates have fixed it so far.

I do think if it was entirely a Blizzard issue we’d probably see the issues no matter the graphics card brand, which is why I think it’s something on Nvidia end that they simply doesn’t care enough to bother to fix.

Sounds like an nvidia problem. I used to get some weird flickering and texture issues as well, but eventually one of the driver updates resolved it.

It’s not a Blizzard issue, it’s a Nvidia issue. So it’s Nvidia who doesn’t care.

1 Like

It’s also a Blizzard issue if they aren’t putting enough pressure on Nvidia about this. Start threatening Nvidia by putting up all sorts of warnings about using an Nvidia card for their various titles in the recommended/required hardware would certainly get Nvidia’s attention.

I still get that flicker as well. Mainly in Ardenweald. Although I’m used to it now I just see it as a feature in the zone. :grin:

my ol’ 970 aint flickering :wink:

must be something with the new rich-man’s gpus

It seems to be tied to both Nividia drivers and also DX12. Turning that down to DX11 solves the issue while still allowing you to have the most recent driver update to get better performance in other games.

That said, I do hope the problem can be found and fixed sooner rather than later =/

The annoying part is my driver management software constantly nagging me to update it.

Reading the Nvidia forums do show otherwise. There was a post there 2 months ago stating this was known.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/441957/geforce-46589-game-ready-driver-feedback-thread-re/

There are other posts suggesting to downgrade prior to this, have you tried that? Sometimes pushing to new drivers can cause problems with older games.

LOL they’ll never do that. The game works fine with older versions of the driver. It’s not like it’s unplayable. Blizz gave them the data and the issue. Nvidia will get to it whenever. “Threatening” them isn’t going to lead to any results.

An NVIDIA issue that Blizzard needs to work with them to resolve.

Although I’m saying that on the assumption that it’s still an issue and not something like OP not updating his drivers to a newer version that has it fixed already.

I haven’t been playing enough recently to know if it’s still happening, and even before I “stopped playing”, I had my setting set such that it wouldn’t happen. Not my ideal options, but I just defaulted to it because the flickering was so extreme.

1 Like

I remember reading other games were impacted by this as well.
Whatever is causing the issue doesn’t seem to be an easy fix.