Outlaw Rogue Bug is Corrected and Actions Underway

As of a few hours ago today (October 24), we corrected a bug that allowed Outlaw Rogues to contrive conditions in which they could do very high damage.

We are now working on removing clearly exploited runs from leaderboards and taking account actions where appropriate.

Thank you to all who reported this.

18 Likes

Amazing. This was devistating as someone pushing title keys but refused to exploit.

1 Like

sweet, can you fix the ADR un-stealth bug or BF bug now?

4 Likes

what about the ever increasing list of bugs that rogue has? you guys planning on fixing those?

16 Likes

I hope “clearly exploited runs” includes guilds that abused these bugs for their mythic progression kills.

5 Likes

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

What about guilds that abused these bugs to get mythic raid kills? The gear and raid lockout from those kills are way worse than getting some score from M+.

The entire guild needs action taken against them

5 Likes

Hey, what about the hundreds of Hunters that bug abused in rated PvP (BGB, Shuffle, and Arena)?

Hopefully you’re not only considering punishing bug abuse in PvE! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

“We can fix bugs that benefit you in 5 minutes, but the moment they are hurting you, we don’t care”

Sounds good. Glad I didn’t exploit this. I knew the ban hammer was going to be swift.

11 Likes

Agreed.

There is no way these top end guilds didn’t know something was off with the rogues doing insane damage nor the rogues “accidentally” doing this exploit. All those free Silken Court kills need to be punished. No one in a guild pushing mythic Silken Court was that woefully ignorant to not know what was going on and allowing it to happen.

2 Likes

Considering the logs would show hundreds of casts of BTE and basically no other abilities, yeah, they knew.

3 Likes

It’s not just silken court, it was used on Kyvesa and Ovinax as well

2 Likes

What was the bug?

1 Like

A sequence of events that allowed them to lock in permanent 5 combo points

2 Likes

You could finesse some things with our hero trees to get unlimited 5 CP casts of BTE/dispatch.

Basically, could infinitely hit spenders.

1 Like

Good. Ban the pvp hunter exploiters too.

3 Likes

They will never ban Hunter exploits/bugs. Hunters are too vocal and there’s too many of them.

1 Like

Its too late, you had your chance, The warlocks, the healers, the ignored classes (those in the 1-7% and never seen at an AWC tournament, are done. I just canceled 12, 1 year subs, and one 6-month sub. You failed to address BETA bug reports, bug and class fixes for 6 weeks, and instead favored only those classes seen in AWC or mythic tournatments. Enjoy the financial loss. We are done believeing your lies and those you announced at the 2023 Blizzcon. Liars, inattentive, hostile like Disney to the audience paying for your content.

It’s not an exploit, it’s literally a bug in normal gameplay. You don’t have to do anything, it’s just happening organically