Out of sheer curiosity

How many of the people complaining about all the servers being full are over the age of 30?

(My daughter asked me this as part of some Generational Studies course she is taking. She won’t tell me WHY until I give her an answer)

2 Likes

Most of the people I know complaining are older because they simply don’t have all day to wait in a queue - they get a few hours a day where they can possibly play, and the queue is longer than that.

8 Likes

I’m 30+ and the queues were within the realm of my expectations, so they haven’t bothered me. They’ve been 30min to 2hrs give or take the time of day (and i’m not on 1 of the 4 biggest servers either).

Anyone hopping into a new game (or release of a game, xpac) with tons of hype should have known there could be issues roflmao.

2 Likes

I was SUPPOSED to ask “between 30 and 50”…

I am just over 50 and I’m complaining.

1 Like

Mentally or physically?

1 Like

So Gen X?

I am Gen X. I have yet to see a queue, so no complaints.

How are we supposed to know how old the complainers are, though?

I’m 42 and haven’t been able to play on Grobbulus at all because of the queue at night after work. I haven’t complained. I rolled on Deviate Delight and played instead.

Im 36 @Gruubbard

Most are impatient and young.

BFA has a very young playerbase, so do the streamers and yes, sadly they make a lot of noise over nothing. Friend of mine couldn´t play yet, he is so chilled and had a nice dinner with his GF earlier.

For accurate reponses you cant poll a question like that. People are going to hide their true feelings.

I’m 39 and don’t give a crap. I’ve been giving it time to work itself out a little. I figure by the time I’m ready to play tomorrow or the next day, I can make a good selection of where to go.

Patience is a virtue…

I’m just over 30 and can honestly say I’m complaining.

All the oceanic realms have ridiculous queue times during peak (2+ hours) and when you only have an hour or two to play, it’s quite disheartening. Most of my friends who have come back for classic are well into levelling and to have to jump in and do it alone now…

Have tried some US realms with no queues, however the lag is just too bad to play through for me.

If I had all day to waste, sure i’d log in, queue up and then go do something else.

To really flesh out where my stance is:
I think people should get their money’s worth - aka - a good experience for their hard-earned money spent.
I’m also a realist though. I don’t expect everything to always go great. It’s why we all have bad days and good days right.
Ultimately though - the amount of hype I saw in beta, and the issues happening in beta - 100% prompted my expectation for classic wow launch to have delays/queues/lag. (i didn’t participate in beta personally, just watched twitch and heard from friends who participated).
If the servers were wonky, i had a plan -> it’s to do something else and not stare at a queue screen. I don’t feel like i’m missing out, not staying with the leveling curve or being the first to get gear/etc. I remember wow getting boring at times. Logging on only to raid. The queues and delay in leveling just means wow classic will last a little longer for me.

Also, i don’t think age has anything to do it with. I think it’s more along the lines that instant gratification is a new norm for everyone with the way technology and services are now compared to 15 years ago.

Over fifty here and expected these issues for at least the first couple weeks. The rage-quitting posts are fun to read. Pass the popcorn as I read them while waiting in queue.

1 Like

“Out of sheer curiosity” is the name of the thread and “because of my daughter’s generational studies class” is the given explanation.

Normally I like to take people at face value, but this post is just so weird that I can’t help myself from being suspicious.

I’m 29 and I’ve been complaining about how Blizzard should have had more servers before launch. I 100% expected there to be queues though, I just expected them to have more servers before launch so the queues weren’t this bad.

to be fair, they did mention 2 weeks before launch, that there could be massive queues for the servers that most are complaining about:

Right, so they opened like 2 more servers and told people to move there instead. People did move there, and the queues on those servers were worse on launch than the original servers.

That’s how badly they needed more servers before launch. They made more because of the 10k+ queues on name reservation day for the overflow from that, but never even thought about or bothered to make more servers for the huge influx of even more people on the actual launch day. It’s pure insanity. That’s why we have such insane queue times now on the vast majority of servers.

1 Like

i’m over 40 and am certainly not complaining, and i have a queue.
i would hate to think adults over 30 would be getting this upset over classic.