Other games like WoW

Y’know I didn’t think to recommend them, but now that you mention it, the Tales of games are a LOT of fun. Even if you go further back to Symphonia they’re pretty solid titles, the spell animations for the mystic arte abilities are always eye-candy.

Berseria’s a really good one too I’m told! That’s after my time with it, but I haven’t played a Tales game I haven’t loved.

Except for Legendia. We don’t talk about that one.

2 Likes

So it can be diablo-esque. The part of Diablo i dont care for is the isometric view take and the click to move. While its not game breaking, it takes away the feeling of being in control. I can move or i can attack. I cant do both though.

WoW i can

1 Like

EverQuest II.
Full MMORPG, lots of races, classes, housing, crafting, huge map and with their new 64bit client, it no longer has the limited RAM and the 32bit version did.

1 Like

I’m shocked people don’t bring up Old School Runescape more, I love Classic WoW, I love Retail WoW. BUT if I had to choose id pick OSRS over any game on this planet.

I’m playing it right now as I type leveling slayer lul.

Its so much fun, there’s so much to do and you make your own journey, the quests are french kiss, so much better than FF14/WoW combined. All of FF14/WoW questing sums up to Slayer skill in OSRS.

I have 2 99’s one took I think 400hrs(Mining Motherlode mine), other one took 24hrs (cooking).

I am now working on Slayer 99, and going to go for Quest Cape as well.

Its so much fun, you can already do hundreds of hours worth of stuff in Free to play.

Get runelite, on Desktop, get OSRS on mobile, GG you’re golden. Can farm repetitive things on the go, or do some bossing on the go, and at home do the more intensive stuff, like PvM or Pvp/grand quests.

All I can say is a lot of people are sleeping on OSRS and its hands down the best game I have ever played. Its not even for nostalgia.

I would say its the top 2 most played MMO’s I think WoW really got knocked down on popularity, its deff in third place.

Berseria is really fantastic, probably the first time outside of comedic jrpgs like the disgaea games where I thought the English voice acting actually nailed their roles even better than their Japanese counterparts.

Depending on how important graphics are to you, Star Wars: The Old Republic is very similar to wow and has a solid story to play through. But the engine is very dated and you’ll feel it.

1 Like

Random question, but do games that require/work better on controller bother you any?

I’ll have to give it a shot! I’m busy with Dawntrail at the moment, and I’m going to dip into Yakuza after, but I’ll check it out after! Been itching to replay Tales of the Abyss again, so I’ll just swap it with this one.

1 Like

Sen is that you? I can spot that insufferable personality no matter what profile you hide behind. Go on somewhere you condescending fruit fly, so gross :nauseated_face:

GW2 is really nice for the base game and Heart of Thorns IMO.

The caveat with the base game being that the finale is very much a glorified cinematic rather than a boss fight, whereas Heart of Thorns ends on boss fight that feels like a boss fight.

Heart of Thorns is right behind Shadowbringers for me on a story level, honestly. Bonus Points if you play through it as a Botani or whatever the plant people are called, because there’s a few times that triggers some exclusive dialogue and such that fits the theme of the expansion.

Path of Fire was underwhelming (not bad) in comparison and I felt like the Mastery Grind to progress was a lot more forced than it was in HoT. Haven’t gone back to play the newer expansion yet.

(HoT also has the most interesting map meta events IMO)

2 Likes

Is it better than 1? Lol

Not a Star Wars fan. Would never make it past a week lol

Not sure honestly. Ive been a PC person my whole life. Any game that can be converted to PC (like Halo) i always preferred the PC version.

These just expansions for GW2?

I’d say we could petition the IP holder to make a new one, but they’ve forsaken Western studios in favor of their Japanese ones.

Yeah. Heart of Thorns. I think its bundled or something with a later expansion but definitely recommend Heart of Thorns if you ever play base GW2 and dont hate it.

1 Like

The final boss in the base game is a little underwhelming, yeah. All of the other conclusions have been neat though - can’t speak on behalf of End of Dragons (I don’t have the same love for Cantha people who played Factions had, lol) .

Maybe this is seen as a hot take, but Path of Fire was my favorite expansion, and I’ll go ahead and include Icebrood Saga while I’m at it. Probably a bad time to be a die-hard fan going through what was probably their closest thing to a major content drought, but I LOVED the mount system.

That’s another thing, @Grizzle. The mount system in GW2 is incredible. Dragonriding in WoW comes close, but there’s MULTIPLE types of mounts in GW2 that make navigating the world way more fun.

Honestly sometimes I just log in to do beetle races :joy:

3 Likes

LWS4 makes up for PoF’s short comings. LWS4 also has some of the best story writing in the game and meta events. The story Kralkatorrik fight is by far the best out of all the others.

1 Like

You’re welcome

Yes, EQII is a much better game, IMO, than EQ I.
EQ 1 is a like a… mean version of Vanilla WOW. It is from an age where it takes a long time to level, where boss fights can last for up to two hours, yes, just for one boss.
EQ2 is more like playing WOW WOTLK. There are more quality of live improvements and a faster game play.

1 Like

While it’s community is all but dead last I checked, RIFT is pretty fun. Its owned by a crappy holding company so I’m sure a bunch of F2P garbo has been added since the last time I played years ago.

EQ1 did get a lot of QoL improvements over the years. I may look into it just because :slight_smile: graphics are still poo compared to other games but i can live with it.

So yeah, i did play Rift up through its first expansion and then it sold out and i never checked back in with it

I found EVE Online to be a great alternative to WoW.

Rift was great.
now it’s dead.

3 Likes

Other games like WoW?

Any MMO made in the last 20 years