Other games like WoW

I literally read this as the Sailor Moon meme:

5 Likes

See? It never ends.

3 Likes

Appreciate you!

Im not opposed to different. I just really REALLY like WoW combat system.

Little bit of everything. Grew up with a little Blizzard with Diablos and SC. EverQuest was my first true MMO i put time into. I tried Terra, FF, Rift (actually enjoyed this one until they sold out), little of the NeverWinter stuff

No it.really doesn’t

But lacks the interactions

No lol

LOL, how are you guys listing Dragon Age origins? It’s nothing like wow which is what he asked for. Most of the games listed are nothing like wow. Balders Gate 3 really? How is any game that is turned-based and you control a party like wow?

1 Like

Mainly it’s due to Dragon Age being a hot-key based CRPG, and its transition to being a bit more action heavy since DA2! :smiley: One of the things I like about it is how you can play it like WoW, especially if you take the time to play more tactically and at higher difficulties -though you do make way more use of the pause feature.

BG3 wasn’t actually something I recommended - I was thinking 1 or 2, but 3’s still at least thematically through the genre. Not the longest stretch to think people who like WoW would like both, and there are plenty who enjoy both :slight_smile:

Hey, neato! EQ was my first MMO too and I had NO IDEA what I was doing XD Mostly screwed around in Qeynos and the Everglades.

1 Like

Long global cooldowns and laggy gameplay is “smooth”? Um…

It’d a good thing the part I quoted and responded to there didn’t have the word “interaction” in it.
For reference:

You’re intentionally confusing, and I’m no longer interested in playing your game of fish.

Because its a fun game. Options arent limited to “like WoW” just curious if things were out there that were similar

Killed Fippy about 1,000 times and farmed Rat tails in Northern Qeynos for 1pp a piece. Human Warrior with no idea what to do. Lost my corpse in Blackburrows pits and never could find it. Lost all my bronze crafted AC gear with it lol

I do pop in every now and then to EQ and its an entirely different game nowadays

I think Neverwinter supposedly tried to be like WoW according to some but doesn’t have a very high level cap and also the fact that you have to pay to play more than 2 toons on it.

And if you have a light up keyboard it always auto shuts it off whenever you log in to play.

1 Like

What makes WoWs combat smooth has nothing to do with lag/latency. As other games are just as smooth in that department but does not fit into smooth combat

Shoo

alright hotshot, what’s your recommendation then?

There is a new MMorpg launched recently on the 21st June called Tarisland

Its very wow like

The original Star Wars MMO.

Lost Ark.

A friend just told me “From what they described, tell them to check out Yakuza: Like a Dragon?”

My response was “Don’t you normally tell me to stop playing WoW and pick up Yakuza?”

“Yeah, I’m telling you both now.”

So I just got pressured into an impulse buy. I’ll let you know how it goes.

2 Likes

I did not read the entire thread, but if no one’s mentioned Dungeon Siege 2, I’d play through it. It was a welcomed alternative to Diablo 2 LOD when I was weening off D2 all those years ago.

2 Likes

oh man, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve played that, too bad the series is dead and 3 was kinda meh.

1 Like

Kinda looks like it, yeah.

This did look interesting, but almost looked more like D4

There’s Ascension.

Its essentially free WoW and can mix classes ectera.

That name sounds familiar. Dont recall seeing any gameplay about it though. Thanks for throwing it out there!

1 Like

So something wow like, but not diablo like, with fluid combat.

Maybe something non mmo? Can try the “Tales of …” series. Very fluid combat mixing basic attacks and skills to effectively chain stun enemies (though the enemy can do the same so it’s fair). Most of the games have 6+ major characters with diverse playstyles especially in the post ps3 era of their games. You control 1 character at a time typically in a party of 4 with the ai taking control of the rest, but you can swap characters at pretty much any time if you’re a real combo god.

A good number of their games are available on steam, to start maybe try Tales of Vesperia, originally an xbox 360 exclusive that did so well playstation needed to get it back and remaster it.

2 Likes

I’m looking for a few more solo games like WoW, ideally as close to solo mythic+ as possible, maybe without leveling/quest/gearing, I love torghast and Diablo 3 rift so far

2 Likes