Orcs On The Alliance

But I was trying to bring it back to your topic. With the Saurfang, and the lot…

We have had that, as I mentioned. We have Orcs like Thrall and Saurfang who serve the Alliance. Tauren like Baine. The leaders of the Horde serve the Alliance. It has been done already.

No. Go to the create character screen, under the Alliance races, there are no Orcs, Taurens, or Trolls.

Even this Blood Elf Warlock was made to serve Genn and Jaina.

If I hated my own soul, I could make an Orc, and kill Horde soldiers to free Jaina’s brother. And kill Horde soldiers side by side with Jaina in the scenario to break out Baine.

I did it on a Troll and Blood Elf already, even as a Loyalist.

Just get rid of factions entirely.

5 Likes

I agree. But don’t you think in some ways this would move away from the foundations of the franchise? At least that is/would be the argument the devs would make.

I’d settle for a traitor mechanic so I can have my old hunter back. I basically had to retire him when MoP started, and then he just straight up left the Horde all together when Sylvanas became Warchief.

1 Like

No, because the faction war is stupid. Every time they try to bring it up, it only angers people because the story is one-dimensional at best, and status quo is god. This “foundation” has done more harm than good to the franchise. It even forces developers to copy/paste quests because they don’t want to put in any actual “effort” writing unique stories for each faction.

Factions can still “exist” for PvP. Mercenary mode is already a thing.

3 Likes

You’re thinking war mode. Mercenary mode is only for battlegrounds, and only one side can do it. It also changes you into a race from that side. Like an orc warrior becomes a human warrior when they put on the mercenary feature, pretty stupid.

I agree that ending the two faction war permanently could in the long run set up a more interesting direction, but you have to actually write a story that does it. Ridiculously, BfA somehow turned out to not be that; even after they made an entire cinematic where Anduin and Saurfang agree to “break the cycle” the lead game designer came out and said “actually, about that cycle, its a core feature of the game, so, no cross faction grouping for you. now pay for a 6 month sub and get your free mount”

Perhaps it is too late for this game, but I would enjoy the prospect of a Dual Faction PvP aspect every Patch that switched themes. It is notoriously hard to balance rewards, story, and gameplay. But having the lore based motivations for PvP expanded would be a welcome change.

For example, there could be an Orc who has achievements for being loyal to Garrosh but also for being against Sylvanas. Or a 4 way Covenant BG. Along those lines. Or as if the Aldor and Scryers were fleshed out in a more competitive way.

While I personally wouldn’t be against the idea of breaking down the faction barriers, from a storyline perspective I can’t imagine how it could be done well at this point. I don’t see any reason for the alliance to split apart at all, and even if they did, I can’t imagine why they’d ever want to work with horde races en masse.

1 Like

I could see the Night Elves realistically going their own way, but it gets harder to justify for Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei etc.

But obviously they won’t have a single race leave a faction. It’s either all of them or none at all.

I’d be down for this. There are members of the Horde and Alliance both I’d enjoy grieving, and grieving’s a lot easier when you can actively /who them.

Female, dwarven Andu- I mean Moira has an accident and dies. Maybe Stormwind looks negligent in the act and it angers the rest of the council.

The Gnomes are mad about their King’s sacrifice and the general pointlessness that was Troll Raid #33583482.

Velen is tried of you stupid youngin’s pretending to know anything about war and peace.

Well, my point was that even if the alliance did fracture, that’s no reason for them to ever tolerate working with horde races. They all took part in the big G, after all. At best, I feel like you’d have a former-horde and a former-alliance who’d refuse to work with them.

1 Like

As far as Night Elves go, definitely. Blizz painted themselves in a corner when trying to write an actual genocide. 0 Reason for the Night Elves to ever work with anyone from the Horde again, but knowing Blizzard, it will happen and the Night Elves will eventually forgive the Horde while we will kill Tyrande along the way because ‘‘Revenge bad’’.

2 Likes

No. NEVER!

Have you played this game… ever… in your whole life?

That mini-robo-cur was bloviating and quite insulting at the Battle of Dazaralor. It would be foolhardy to paint his participation as anything other than his choice.

I have the AOTC achievement, silly.

But guess what, the Gnomes elect their kings. What happens to a elected official when they anger the people they are supposed to represent? They don’t stay in office. Death to the bourgeoisie.

1 Like

Factions are dumb, especially in a game that has constantly talked up breaking the cycle of faction hate in its narrative. Moreso when the game’s population is on the decline and has been for years. Artificially cutting the player base in half is peak idiocy.

3 Likes

Yes yes I know, slip of the tongue and yes I know about what the bleeding hollow did.

Tyrande as a character has had to suffer a massive loss due to the Horde, if anything her reaction thus far have been justifiable if extreme.

Some sort of retribution was long due for the Horde. While I am not particularly fond of certain night elf players and agree some schadenfreude is deserved, the same can easily be said of the suffering the Horde receives.

No Horde players have never had any input in the story, that doesnt change the fact the Horde faction, up until now at least, has always been something that attracted players who wanted the Alliance to suffer badly, and there were always those who celebrated the destruction of Teldrassil.

2 Likes

She made the naaru