Orcs On The Alliance

Why not? We know that many orcs on Alternative Draenor were converted to the ways of the Light by Yrel before the Mag’har fled to our version of Azeroth. So, it should be possible, theoretically, that if Yrel somehow found her way here, she could bring a contingent of Orcs with her that are devout priests and paladins, and they could join the Alliance. I mean, talk about breaking tropes and interesting dynamics! Like, every one says “oh adding elves to the Horde really broke the trope of elves vs orcs!” or “it creates an interesting dynamic in the Horde!”, but why can’t this apply to the Alliance? Perhaps even Blood Trolls on the Alliance. Now that’d be interesting and game changing.

2 Likes
35 Likes

I think they should join whatever takes them back where they belong in Outland.

1 Like

The problem with Yrel’s light fanatic’s coming into the story, is they’d be just as antagonistic to the Alliance as they would the Horde. They’re trying to convert everyone to the Light, meaning they’d be trying to force Night Elves to abandon Elune, and I do not see that going well.

19 Likes

I need this.
Fund it.

2 Likes

Where there is a will there’s a way. Lightforged Orcs drinking Blue Powerade now!

Theoretically, certainly.

Hot take, though: I don’t think the Alliance would accept them. Scorchingly hot.

3 Likes

What the hell have you been drinking I mean its friday so that has gotta be it.

Other than that sure Blood elves vs lightforged orcs could be somewhat fun as an idea to entertain but. it would just be abit too “Spinny” and confusing or whatever for me personally.

2 Likes

After or before they join the Alliance?

Make a thread successfully convincing Night Elf fans that the Night Elves should abandon Elune and worship the Light, and I’ll buy it.

1 Like

I’ll take either.

Hell no. Straight to the maw with any so called “orc” that would side with the lightbound, or the Alliance. Absolutely not.
All the posts about Sylvanas and the forsaken were one thing… but I never expected such an awful suggestion to surface on this forum, even from Spuddyc. This is an all time low.

5 Likes

Well, I mean, that doesn’t necessarily have to be the case for them to join the Alliance. I’m just saying where there is a will, there is a way. Maybe a section of the Orcs break off from Yrel, but still worship the Light, and so join Anduin instead, who they see as being more true to it :thinking: I’m just throwing out ideas.

But why not???

1 Like

I suppose, but Void Elves are already lambasted for their story and where they came from, I don’t imagine people will look on the orc version any more fondly.

Just imagine, Highlord Garrosh Hellscream, Champion of the Alliance, standing in the Stormwind throneroom, killing all the Horde who come to raid Anduin for the PvP achievement, one-shotting them with a holy cleave that’d make Saurfang proud.

Now, with this thought firmly entrenched in your mind, that image etched onto the inside of your skull for all eternity, let out your true feelings.

Here’s mine.

11 Likes

Lmao. My TRUE feelings? That’d be hilarious and epic!

2 Likes

I just don’t think its a good idea.

Breaking tropes is best done, not by putting races on factions they have no earthly business belonging on, but by changing the race’s culture, psychology, etc… to something that is a deviation from the norm.

I’d rather see a race of Orcs with a powerful connection to nature and Druidism who are filled with ancient wisdom passed down from one generation to the next via special trees housing the spirits of their departed ancestors, and see that race of Orcs in the Horde, than on the Alliance.

6 Likes

Fine with me. Though there seems a lot more hatred between Orcs and Humans than Blood Elves when they joined the Horde.

A lot of people throw hissy fits about it very childishly, actually.

Too much bad blood exists between the Orcs and Humans.

Likewise for most other races that affiliate with either Horde or Alliance.

No dice.

I think the worgen were supposed to serve the role as the alliance’s token monster race. On the other hand, the horde currently has two elves, so I’d imagine the alliance is owed another ugly one.

Personally, I’m not sure if the orcs would be the right fight for a “cultural exchange”, though. Since Blizzard puts so much stock on orcs VS humans as the centerpiece of the franchise, I can’t imagine them wanting to muck with that…unless they actually do something dumb like make “pretty undead” playable, in which case screw it.

2 Likes

We got the diaper gnomes, I think that counts as an ugly race.

4 Likes