Orcs On The Alliance

Spuddy, my guy, are you okay? Getting all your vitamins? Your 30 minutes of physical activity a day? I’m starting to worry about you…

Also any Orcs that joined the Alliance would be so relentlessly bullied by the Night Elves and some of the Draenei that I’m not even sure what benefit they would have for doing so. Unless they’re into that…

I realize it’s subjective, but the Sethrak just don’t come across as that monstrous to me. Sure, they’ve got the long neck and big head of a snake, but aside from that nothing about them sticks out to me as unusual. They don’t look any more odd then a Draenei, and I can’t remember anything about their culture that’s “uncivilized” so to speak.

2 Likes

They hang toilet paper underhand. Savages.

3 Likes

I sometimes wonder what WoW would be like if Ogres were the Alliance TBC race.

I mean, besides every fifth thread on the forums being “Wrong faction!” threads, but how it’d affect the lore. How ogres would mesh with the Alliance races, how people like Tyrande and Varian would see them.

Do you mean Laughing Skull? The Bleeding Hollow were famous for besieging Ironforge, and evading the Alliance’s Interment Camps.

In WCII, the Laughing Skull used the Book of Medivh to barter with the Alliance.

… although I sadly think it was retconned out, and instead it was just a singular Laughing Skull warlock that had a last second moral conscious and gave the book to Khadgar in his dying breath.

1 Like

Perhaps once Tyrande dies Orcs will be permitted into the Alliance, but only on that condition.

Wrong. Why do you hate strong women leaders btw? Weirdo!

1 Like

Why do you automatically assume it’s just because Tyrande’s a woman?
You have some unresolved issues you need to speak to a counselor about, Spuddy.

5 Likes

I think it’s a reasonable reaction to irrational hatred of the character. It’s also what I have been told every time I mention disliking Sylvanas, so hey, why not use it?

I think you have some pretty unresolved issues yourself with your burning hatred of purple elves and those who play them, Mr Moore!

4 Likes

I think you’re lying. Tyrande spat on the Horde player after the Horde was (twice) forced to adventure with her in Legion. Then, she became the living embodiment of the Anti-Horde anthem in BFA.

It really sounds like you’re projecting your own feelings about women on other people, Spuddy.

Oh, it’s simple: nelf players have been rude and selfish all expansion, demanding that Horde players never-endingly suffer for something that they had no input and indeed no actual part in, and their condescension has warped my formerly sympathetic view into one of schadenfreude.

8 Likes

Lying about what? It doesn’t really make logical sense to call the quotation you used “Lying”, like what assertion did I make that is a falsehood? I said “I think…”

But, any hoo, I have no problems with someone simply disliking Tyrande. I said “irrational hatred of the character”, dislike that turns into hatred, which becomes irrational desire to see harm upon the character and inflict suffering onto the fans of said character.

Nah, I think you’re projecting your projections onto me now, Mr Moore.

I have never seen you express the slightest sympathetic view. Either way, I am not a therapist!

5 Likes

That’s a lie.

1 Like

I didn’t say you haven’t, I said I haven’t seen it. Two different things. If I have seen it, I don’t remember. Feel free to quote it. I can admit when I am wrong.

I’ve got a whole lot of posts. Here’s one about me being gobsmacked that anyone would applaud or cheer for the burning of teldrassil, to the point that I thought it was staged.

Thank god for thread necromancers.

1 Like

This is a stupid way to justify any change.

A change should have a good reason, and ‘why not?’ is NOT a good reason.

3 Likes

Well, maybe he meant that you are lying when you say stuff like “I think”. He could mean the very statement that you ever were or are capable of thought is a lie.

After some of your recent threads heaping praise onto Calia, Baine… and now this thread… I could see how he would come to that conclusion.

3 Likes

Orcs on the Alliance, like any race, is feasible. It depends on a massive amount of factors: what do said orcs want out of joining the Alliance? How are they willing to contribute? And, would the Alliance accept said orcs?

These questions would need pretty substantial answers imo, but considering it’s Blizzard, we wouldn’t see it if it were to happen.

What should happen though, is the possibility of Half-orcs from the first war springing up. Some could be apart of the Horde, others apart of the Alliance. I know people generally don’t like the half-breeds considering experiences like the Windrunner kids and he who shall not be named, yet I do think there’s great possibility with writing characters like this.

3 Likes

Given Blizzard’s writing?

The Ogri’la, enlightened Ogres, would’ve joined the Alliance as a magically adept race of highly intelligent and incredibly wise beings slowly going around and helping the brutish stupid ogres in the Horde achieve that same level of enlightenment and realize how the Horde is using their race as fodder, while the noble Alliance actually cares about their well-being and supports them.

We’d see Ogri’la Paladins and Priests walking through Stormwind as gentle giants, joining the Kirin Tor as valued mages, and probably joining the Explorer’s League as an intellectual pursuit to learn more about Azeroth’s native races and history, slowly coming more and more to that conclusion that the races of the Alliance are noble and wise and perfect, and the races of the Horde are barbaric and existence itself would be better off without them.

Then, when the Horde loses it’s wars against the Alliance, those ogres would laud the Alliance for choosing peace over genocide, for choosing the more enlightened path.

Just theorizing based on past writing by Blizzard.

2 Likes

Yeah, I sometimes think it would’ve been better to give Alliance the original Draenei in TBC, not the prettified light-worshiping versions. It would’ve been a perfect counterpart to Blood Elves. It would’ve been an ugly, primitive, shamanistic race for the Alliance (which was an exotic thing for them), just as Blood Elves were a pretty, civilized, paladin/priest race for the Horde (which was new for them as well). Instead the Alliance got humans with horns and hooves (which extra light!).

2 Likes

There is, or at least was, a “Treason” questline in EverQuest 2 where you could turn against the city you started in (Freeport(evil) or Qeynos(good)) and join the other side. It allowed things like dark elves to be good aligned classes like paladin or ranger. I always thought it would have been interesting touch for WoW to do that and let people play as Horde aligned humans or Alliance orcs.

Not that I’d want to because I like being an orc and I like the Horde more than I like the Alliance.

2 Likes

stop no. never ever should we get this. leave the factions alone far away from each other.