Options to the Void Elf "Entropic Embrace" racial effects

I’m 100% for customization and i’m happy they’re giving people options but even if entropic embrace were to have its appearance changed/glyphed, I would still prefer it be something void/dark related.

Trying to turn the racial into something light or arcane based just doesn’t really make sense.

I’m not being an unreasonable person here. I just like to have facts and right now I just don’t feel like people have enough information to be stating them as facts right now.

3 Likes

You’re speaking out of both sides of your mouth. You’re happy for there to be customization but you only want it to be one flavor of magic.

5 Likes

But that is the thing where a lot of people are missing the point: I am not asking for it to be changed into Arcane or Light based. I am just asking for the effects of the racial to be a toggable option.

At the end of the day, we’re still Void Elves. But we could be Void Elves from many directions:

• A High Elf Wayfarer
  • A Blood Elf Scholer
  • Umbrics followers that were saved by Alleria during there Void Transformation.
3 Likes

(Commentary): Unit Exacitor doesn’t see why the option to toggle off Entropic Embrace’s visual effect is a big deal anyways. I know some Void Elves who like being Void Elves who would like that, mostly because it’s horrible. A lot of people were hoping the Void Elf void form would be a lot more like Alleria’s. Instead you can achieve the same look by walking through the Mechagon blue paint sprayer.

3 Likes

It’s not, not really. A player can pretty easily head-canon the magical visual as something other than the Void.

I just also don’t see why it’d be so hard to add a way to disable the appearance from popping up entirely. I get that they want the racial to be telegraphed somehow. Blizzard is already fine with adding alternative visuals to things like spells, so I don’t see why it’d be a problem to add alternative visuals to racials like this one.

1 Like

(Commentary): Yeah, but it’s not like a Mechagnome’s Analysis racial is telegraphed. I don’t think all passive proc racials need to be telegraphed, and giving players the options to let Entropic Embrace have a visual effect or not, seems fair.

(Statement): Also keep in mind when Void Elves were first released they weren’t sure if they were going to have the void form something that could be toggled or not, so its not as if they’d never considered it in the first place.

I wouldn’t be 100% against the idea being toggable but I just really don’t understand why it would even be necessary and i’m even more confused as to why this was never an issue (sure there were a few threads here and there relating to void elf racials) until the last week.

I would be more open to the idea of having it togged rather than having it changed completely to something that’s not void-based. I actually love going into entropic embrace and I use the visual as my cue for marcos/dps. I know I don’t need to see the effect but it really helps me.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Blizzard just likes to make a big deal out of player silhouettes and proc telegraphs that they pretend is important. I’m looking more into their rationale, not my own.

Also true. If I were Blizzard, I’d probably rationalize that the toggleable racial would lead to requests for the same with the Worgen, and not wanting to have that conversation.

If you love the Void apperance, you can still use it. Why is it unreasonable to allow others to choose something that isn’t Void-related?

5 Likes

(Commentary): Necessary is probably too strong of a word. I think it’s more a request than anything else. I know Void Elves who don’t like it simply because they’re disappointed it’s not like Alleria’s void form. There’s also the players who want to play High Elves, who don’t want to be infused by the void every other minute in combat. Its no doubt a bit hard to fully immerse yourself as a High Elf when you’re forcefully reminded you’re playing a Void Elf.

1 Like

Even if you were a Quel’dorei High Elf Wayfarer, your little walk on the wild side has now made you a Ren’dorei High Elf.

However, as I said, the Entropic Embrace appearance needs to be something less cheap than it currently is while retaining a clear connection to the void.

3 Likes

(Commentary): I don’t see that as a bad thing either. What if someone wants to play a Gilnean that wasn’t afflicted by the Worgen Curse? I mean, I don’t know a single person who has ever gotten indignant at the suggestion that a Mechagnome’s Arms and Legs could be optionally Mechanized. Its been brought up a fair bit as a way to resolve the tremendous impact on transmog. It wouldn’t bother me to see Mechagnomes running around with actual arms and legs. Just means they didn’t reach the point to have earned that Mechanization.

Because they are “void elves”? What sense would it make for them to have a racial that doesn’t align with their race?

2 Likes

This is the third one I seen about it :confused: They don’t get it that ppl wants to keep void elves, void elves.

4 Likes

That is why I came up with 3 options. Option 3 was, making the racial instead of a passive, something that people can chose to click and activate.

(Commentary): And you and others don’t seem to get that no matter how much High Elf customization is added, or classes, or even a toggle to turn off entropic embrace’s appearance, won’t be removing Void Elves.

(Query): Why do you feel the need to dictate to other players how they should enjoy the game?

6 Likes

Oh, okay.

So you’re fine with players having the option to look like something with no connection to the Void, but not if it means changing the racial.

Roger that.

What? Where did I say that?

You said you want them to keep the Void Racial because they’re Void Elves.

You said you’re happy to give them RP options to allow them to look like Quel’dorei.

That sounds to me like you only want them to have certain RP options.

What am I getting wrong?

1 Like

Why do you need to? Welcome to the forums!

Right because that makes sense to their…race?

Yes, I cannot police peoples imaginations.

Well obviously they’re only going to have certain RP options so i’m not even sure what you’re getting at here?

Where did I ever say I had issues with void elves getting different skin tones? What?