OPTIONAL graphic updates

Great, so it means that these ideas (either way) are all still on the table. Cheers.

1 Like

No changes. Lighting and grass effects are already a stretch as it is…

4 Likes

Blizzard have certainly been open to the possibility of using the new models in interviews. When a feature only has an upside it’s hard to argue against.

Assuming players are intelligent enough to not set their graphics sliders to settings they hate just to be miserable, that is.

1 Like

Or it could just be the simple fact that they have never worked correctly and every attempt to get it to work correctly damaged the old models beyond repair

I agree they should not do it if they are going to apply the same sloppy solution as they did in Retail. No argument there.

3 Likes

I don’t know how this works on a technical level, so I may be way off base here. Here’s my hypothetical situation. Player 1 is using the original graphics, and player 2 is using the new graphics.

If one of the players uses an ability, the ability should play out using the original animation for player 1, and the updated animation for player 2. It shouldn’t try to apply the old animation to the new character models.

If this doesn’t actually work in reality, then it’s a moot point and the original graphics should be used.

1 Like

Mergons. I appreciate all the digging you are doing, but none of those is them putting their foot down on such a request. So you can just drop the blue quotes if you want. They obviously haven’t come out directly on this topic.

1 Like

Correct and i would be ok if they give an option so long as they have no impact what so ever on old models and animations.
So far they have demonstrated over and over again that they do not have that ability. So armed with that knowledge no new models and animations

1 Like

O god, and no they haven’t said No to panda’s either.

U get me?

They aren’t going to say no since it should be clear that it won’t happen.

6 Likes

Not if blizzard removes the requirement to have the gear. I mean, it is only client side, why not just let us toggle ourselves to appear to wear full Naxx gear since only we can see it, right?

This is exactly how stupid this whole idea is.

There used to be a program that did let you mog yourself client side only. Guess what, blizzard broke it and shut it down.

Asking for changes is trolling. It has been done to death and everyone has already explained why. This did not need a new thread. You all can post your absurd change ideas in any of the hundred other threads on it.

3 Likes

Yes it should work that way and it kind of did but there was a conflict between the 2 that caused clipping, display and animation issues they could not resolve.
Blizzard being an aaa game studio doesnt want to give the player base flash quality graphics

1 Like

Why on Earth would they implement a system that’s above and beyond retail WoW?

Indeed. Some things don’t need to be said. The funny thing is this topic they actually have give an answer, and people just choose to ignore it.

2 Likes

I am finding this interesting.

A toggle that decides on if someone is seeing new vs old character models, which affects no one is being said to cause players to have a different experience.

It is then being compared to allowing a toggle to turn on transmog, which will change how you play to get more transmogs.

I have a suggestion, either think arguments through more carefully before posting, or take a class to learn how to argue better, colleges do have them.

4 Likes

:smiley: Yep. They have really strong talking points.

1 Like

A graphics toggle is above and beyond retail wow. Or did that brush right over your head?

2 Likes

They skipped reading comprehension where you went to college then? Because your non-point was already addressed. Get someone to read it to you.

1 Like

Naturally, I have to caveat the following by saying I’m a #nochanges player, but why should anyone care if graphics can be toggled? Unless it provides an advantage over the original graphics that I’m not seeing, who really cares.

It’s not a mechanic. It’s aesthetics.

lol, I think some people are afraid they will not be able to resist the temptation to try it out.

Note: Xmog is a mechanic that can alter gameplay and behavior, so I would completely be against this.

4 Likes

PSA: Graphics =/ Transmog

Let’s not beat up the strawmen in this thread, they have done nothing wrong.

2 Likes