OPTIONAL graphic updates

I really would like some graphics updates on vanilla wow at least the race models cuz the old ones are so bad. AND make it OPTIONAL so true “FANS” won’t be so negatively hyped .

15 Likes

:put_litter_in_its_place:

36 Likes

As long as they don’t mess up the Vanilla graphics options, sure. The demo client had some neat sliders for using modern settings for the environment at least.

Being able to have it look as closely as possible to Vanilla should be priority, though.

7 Likes

How about… No.

20 Likes

You have the option to play BfA for BfA graphics. You have the option to play Classic for Classic graphics. Options are great!

16 Likes

How does it even bover you

5 Likes

Classic remains classic. Keeps the retail riff Raff out.

18 Likes

I see no reason at all that we can’t all have our cake here. The default option can be Classic graphics and then give people a toggle for modern graphics/models and animations.

It does not impact anyone negatively and it has the potential to increase retention rates.

5 Likes

thissssssssssss

you didnt even play classic back off

2 Likes

Isn’t going to happen, it has been confirmed by blizzard over and over.

11 Likes

Just another troll thead. Report, move along.

8 Likes

Love to see a quote on that one.

4 Likes

I’m sure you don’t see the reason for that, and that’s the point.

But we’re getting served Vanilla. You might prefer a different flavor. And that other guy might prefer a different flavor. And a million players might have their own personal favorites. And all of that is irrelevant. Vanilla means Vanilla.

2 Likes

If they are using the 7.3.5 client. Will they still have the 7.3.5 character models in those files?

Couldn’t you just look through the files?

You don’t make a very compelling argument with statements like this. Its the equivalent of stamping your feet and going “because I said so”.

2 Likes

you are a troll , Im serious about this

3 Likes

What this should say,

“There should be an option for players to Opt out of classic graphics.”

1 Like

I was actually hopeing they were going to use Classic as a chance to completely update the old world to BFA standards with a toggle to make it look like 2004 version. While also updating the live client all at once.

Like halo 1 and 2 remake as an example.

3 Likes

From the 2nd last blizzard post:

And all the obvious Classic to be as authentic as possbile Quoted which can be found as far back as Blizzcon 2017.

6 Likes

No, because Blizzard said so. And people unable or unwilling to accept the reality of Classic need to step back and realize what this project is about.

3 Likes