Option to hide transmog

A toy would be fine, I was just posting that the logic for such a move is there in game. The lack of tmog is the big one that comes to mind, as well as other things that I might not even be able to imagine as a phobia.

I usually support choice in games, and I can see the logic in wanting a toggle.

This all started because someone said this

And I was saying that a toggle for tmog, could easily be seen as more than just a preference and be seen with the same logic as the arachnophobia filter.

1 Like

The difference is those are temporary toys. WoW is an RPG so role play is a big part of the game and having something that completely removes an role play element goes against that as well. Having an option to hide transmog completely will remove player agency because how a person dresses their character is a reflection of that character.

Personally I donā€™t care about the toggle but for us petty people we need to have gear for all the cosmetic options. Oh, you will not get away from the beach, yeti, magical person rainbow happiness that is happening.

1 Like

lmao

First of all, ā€œthereā€™sā€, not ā€œtheirsā€

Their is possessive.

Secondly, I love the rainbow level, it was goofy and silly and added some levity to an otherwise grimdark ā€œedgyā€ game.

I bet they could technically just have it in the game settings

:white_square_button: show Transmog appearances

1 Like

I donā€™t know anyone that hated that level.

1 Like

And youā€™d be more immersed seeing people in weird patchwork nonsense from five different sets?

Nah this is another transparent ā€œwow is too kiddy nowā€ thread.

I need an arachnophobia slider. One end is for arachnophobes, the middle is normal, and the other extreme is for arachnophiliacs. So I could choose to view everyone as a spider.

4 Likes

Pretty sure the majority of peopleā€™s reactions seeing it was pure enjoyment cuz it was so goofy

:rofl:
as a person with pretty severe spiderfearā€¦you are the debil :rofl:

I certainly wouldnā€™t want to take away an option for you to not have to see spiders.

I do

Look at the spiders, theyā€™re just lil cuties

You know personally I donā€™t understand how the crabs are any better than spiders. Arenā€™t crabs just sea spiders.

This would be funny as a toy. Kinda like the gift of Nā€™zoth made you see eyes on people, they could make something in this spider expansion where you see spiders. (I donā€™t suffer from arachnophobia but I would be cleansing that asap, a lot scarier than the eye thing.

1 Like

lolā€¦no, mine doesnt seem to be affected by the spiders in game. My brain seems to know real versus fake for some reason.

now about that time I was driving my ex mother in law to the grocery store and a spider about the size of your pinky fingernail paratrooped from the visor into my lap and my girlish screams, writhing and gnashing of teeth is concernedā€¦ :rofl:

Phobias are by definition irrational.

You know what is a waste of development time? Giving us the option to remove our pants in xmog.

Literally, what purpose does that serve other than to be lewd? At least what the OP is asking for is legit.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know about the other races but I feel like as a Fox race, being naked just looks better. I dont want to hide being Fuzzy! Being Fuzzy race IS the mog!

2 Likes

The AQ dresses are ruined by any kind of pant transmog due to the little side window.

So thatā€™s one just off the top of my head.

3 Likes

Not sure why youā€™re insisting that I comply with your demands. This entire post was made as an option for players. I believe that options are much better than demands. Letā€™s be civil here lol, not trying to offend or trigger anyone.

I donā€™t put much thought into what people wear. Thatā€™s not a factor on how I carry myself through the day to day. Weā€™re talking about video games here. :slight_smile:

I donā€™t really make posts on forums, especially not these types of posts. Not trying to ā€œcreate dramaā€, simply posting an idea for others to chime in on.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not disagreeing, but when that toggle option is already there for almost every other slot, itā€™d be a lot easier to implement that to one more additional slot than it would be to add an entirely new feature that disables everyone elseā€™s transmog.

3 Likes

What is wrong with being lewd?

Eh? Eh?

*Elbow nudge. *

5 Likes