Option to hide transmog

I call those flip flops

Just because you have to deal with it irl doesn’t mean you have to have it in a game. You get that right?

Expressing yourself is fine, but why does that involve me?

But the same concept applies and for the same reason. And you get that, right?

Edit to address your edit: Because expressing oneself requires a second party. You don’t express yourself to a void.

1 Like

What do people look like without their stuff mogged in the current expac?

A bag of skittles

3 Likes

It really doesn’t.

1 Like

ok, Chief, I tried…

I don’t mind roleplay, but I prefer it stick to the aesthetic that World of Warcraft is based on if you look at outfits worn by NPCs, hero characters and outfits worn in cinematics and trailers. That’s what I play the game for. Goofy fun transmogs are fine but runs counter to the aesthetic Blizzard has established for the game.

So I don’t see how it hurts anyone to hide that part of it for those who prefer the more serious side of the game. It’s sliding down the slippery slope of ‘It’s a fantasy game, there are no rules’ the bottom where we have Darth Vader and Hello Kitty mogs available and it devolves into Ready Player One

3 Likes

Oh no
:dracthyr_nervous_animated:

1 Like

You really didn’t. It was a silly Twitter response that lacked anything really.

Some people want to taste the rainbow

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Sure, whatever makes you feel better, friend.

Because it’s our expression of our characters the way we want others to see them. Not you ignoring our character identity.

Indeed.

This isn’t a single player game. It’s an MMORPG where people want to show off to others the expression of their character.

I’ve explained it multiple times.

Adding an option to ignore how others want their characters to look is exactly that, yes.

1 Like

Don’t threaten me with a good time.

5 Likes

Suddenly turns head, glares at the night elf, and lowers shades

https://tenor.com/view/fenec-sunglasses-looking-gif-14581937

2 Likes

Hey, I wore a cool t-shirt today with Hong Kong Phooey on it as an expression of who I am as a person and no one noticed… I was fine…

You’re bringing your real life views and beliefs into this when I don’t think it warrants it. This shouldn’t be reminding you of that. I’ve got no problems with LGBTQ+, this topic is completely unrelated to that. You’re trying to argue that if you’re not able to be seen in a video game by others the way you want to be seen, they’re racist or homophobic. Don’t derail the thread.’

This is about aesthetic in a video game. I like Warcraft for the original concepts of orc and humans, war, etc. I prefer the original art that the game provides over the super soakers and floaties. It doesn’t happen often but when I’m in a raid and everyone has floaties and silly cosmetic items, it breaks my immersion.

I value your argument, I simply have a different take. Gotta learn to respect both sides :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Why can’t we ignore your character’s identity? Seems like you’re trying to tie rl politics to video game character fighting monsters. Seriously, why does a person ignoring your video game clothing “identity” matter?

People going to walk up to and comment on your spiky shoulders?

2 Likes

You typically have very measured and thoughtful responses on this forum, but this is an over the top false equivalency and asserting a context that didn’t exist and was never brought up…

3 Likes

You don’t know that. But what you do know is that it was there for everyone to see.

You brought yours in earlier when you accused me of some pretty terrible things.

It’s about fashion expression in a video game.

Can you show me where I disrespected you? I can show you where you disrespected me, though.

Because it’s part of people’s gameplay in an MMORPG.

If you don’t want fashion on different people playing different characters, there are single player game options.

1 Like