Option to hide transmog

Easy, just leave something like a hug me bear on the table. Get hugs that way. Would be hard leaving an Orc or Night Elf on the tables. We all know the table can’t support an Orc and the table is too small for a Night Elf.

1 Like

You give them a plushy toy that has “hug me” on it.

https://i0.wp.com/plushyspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Teddy-Bear-03.jpg?fit=1000%2C1000&ssl=1

I don’t see the big deal with this request because it only affects the person that uses the option.

And I don’t get the RL comparisons. There’s no “filter” to turn off or on people’s clothes.

1 Like

2 Likes

Immersion arguments are not my thing because we can argue how tons of things are immersion breaking for someone and we need fixes or toggles for. And frankly I think this is more of a dislike of male characters in the bikinis and magically girl outfit than anything else. But you are right I don’t pay a sub to validate other player’s experience so I guess we are done talking.

I feel terrible now that he had to deal with us. :frowning:

This may seem odd to some, but I really dislike when people try to stifle roleplay and creativity in a roleplaying game, where our avatars are meant to be unique and stand out with an identity we want to give them.

It reminds me too much of the mindset some people have of “I’m going to ignore the existence of LGBTQ+ and none of you exist to me!”

Accept that people like to express themselves differently and appreciate the beauty of everything around you.

I do, actually. Because my mog is what you see. Nice job cherry picking that phrase out of context, btw.

Which they can then freely express to me— because they can see it. My choice of attire isn’t hidden from anyone.

1 Like

I mean he gets paid to deal with us, we pay to deal with us

Who’s really losing

5 Likes

Can’t blame him for having to deal with us nutcases. All we need to do is give him some centaur hugs.

1 Like

I mean… I do hate it when people make me do my job.

2 Likes

Half the time I’m on the forum it’s during slow periods at work, so technically I’m also being paid to deal with you lot.

2 Likes

It is the worst part of having a job tbh

7 Likes

I mean I’m forced to look at and am assaulted by that horrible face while I am here gracing the world with pristine beauty so like I understand life isn’t fair but we gotto make it work

2 Likes

If I want you to see me in my goofy pirate hat, you’re going to see me in my goofy pirate hat. Not going to apologize for that. Transmog is one of the ways we make our characters unique. Without it, everybody ends up looking the same in the current season set.

I am sorry it is so easy for you to get sand in your creases. you should work on getting used to it. Have you seen people in real life? Often times “yikes” but there isn’t anything you can do about it. Try to just get used to it and be at peace with it. Getting bothered over something like this only hurts you personally and they aren’t going to change it.

1 Like

If I walked around in a thong in front of you and started dancing (Jack Black style). You’d look, even if you didn’t want to. That’s reality. It’s distracting and can ruin the immersion. Just like the fortnite style transmogs.

Seriously take the TWW cinematic then throw an orc jumping around behind it with a floaty tube and super soaker. You’ll look and it’ll be distracting.

That’s what I mean by “forced”.

1 Like

Your roleplay is different than my roleplay. Having a toggle option allows you to roleplay with your friends who like transmog and allows for me to roleplay with my friends who don’t like transmog. The toggle option is a win for both sides. Can you really say that the side of this topic that you’re against has zero legitimacy? The game is already catering to so many different audiences, with different ways to play, this is simply one other option for players who prefer playing a specific way.

You have my side who doesn’t care what people do with transmog, and you have your argument that states everyone needs to see how I express myself.

2 Likes

But I really don’t want WoW to resemble what I see at Walmart. I wish I had a toggle for that too. I seriously avoid that place just due to the people.

1 Like

We all have to deal with things in life we don’t like in the name of letting people express themselves.

Trust me, you wouldn’t want to live in a society that felt otherwise.

1 Like

Wait, you mean you don’t have glasses that do this?

3 Likes

Yet still doesn’t address what I said.

Yes. And you cut off everything else I said.

So many comparisons to real life. As I’ve said, I personally don’t compare the two.

You can wear the pirate hat and lingerie but why do I have to see it if I’m more interested in the Warcraft aesthetic? The toggle option should make everyone happy, not sure why anyone should be forced to look at anything.

Also, no sand in creases here… personal hygiene :slight_smile:

1 Like