Opinions on Alleria Windrunner new Key Art

I’ve done nothing wrong here, Ibuki. I’m talking about art.

Geebus I hope not. Blizzard has a slew of talented artists. Some have likened it to art done by the Overwatch team. Apparently it has similar qualities.

1 Like

Damn, you didn’t have to slay her that hard.

2 Likes

I prefer Alexstrasza’s old in-game model, and Alleria’s old art.

As some people pointed out, I feel like they are turning everything into generic anime characters, and drifting away from WOW’s unique art style.

1 Like

This is exactly what I thought of. I still think it looks great - but I don’t look at it and go, “That’s from WoW.” I love the artist’s personal touch, though. It’s cool to see characters through another’s lens. (Assuming it’s not AI…)

2 Likes

Didn’t slay me at all. It is my real age, the photo has a light filter to add make-up. Many people do this. It’s not unique, and it has no bearing on WoW art.

Agreed— on all accounts. lol

If you’re not on a witch hunt, why bring up things that aren’t even a topic in this thread or post? Why try to paint a picture of me that you think shows me in a bad light to people over…art? If this wasn’t your intention, then I apologize. Some of your comments did make it seem like that though.
The art at your link looks sort of like Picasso cubism. I’m not offended by art. It’s art. Alleria Windrunner is a character in a game with an established look. Definitely change armor, hair, weapons, do character development. All good things. No one’s bothered by that, I don’t think.

I don’t really get anime vibes from any of the art. And trust me I’ve watched Anime since I was a little kid. Just feels like concept art to me. I’ve seen a lot of Video game concept art over the years. Honestly WoW usually has pretty amazing concept stuff. Most of the actual WoW art style is seen in game. And while models change, the art style doesn’t. At least not much. Sure the Graphics get updated, but that’s standard in the lifetime of a game franchise.

1 Like

I didn’t because it was just a recolor of Sylvanas’.

By giving Alleria Norse style hair? lol

1 Like

Hmm…put the image through a couple of AI art detectors and it comes up negative on AI. So if it is AI it’s pretty solid, but chances are it’s done by an Artist.

2 Likes

PfP? On facebook? That is my age, and it’s edited to have some make-up on. Very common thing to do for profile pictures by women. Women change, yes, but we’re talking serious muscle loss and some diminished curves from art to art. The in game will be the usual High/Void elf model most likely, which is great. We’re just talking about the differences in the artist’s takes here, and some speculating on why one artist’s take could be what it is. Maybe the Void diminished her, maybe they want her to look more thin like an Elf, or it’s simply conceptual. I do like the armor, bow, and general look of her. She’s adorable, but it’s a huge change. I do wish they kept the buffness since I’m a fan of visibly strong women like Tyande’s depiction. Of course a High Elf won’t be quite that buff.

You did that all on your own. At least four times that I know of. And all are about the topic. You make a thread claiming it’s opinion on Alleria. I bring up your opinion on Alleria. That’s on topic. Sorry you dislike facts.

You’re the one not moving on. I’ve been posting about the thread and you keep coming back to this victim thing that doesn’t exist. :dracthyr_shrug:

So is the Alleria art. It’s art, not a portrait, not a photograph. Art. The artist’s personal rendition. Like many pieces of art.

Irrelevant to art. The artist’s interpretation doesn’t mean the game model changes.

No one is really bothered to begin with. But three threads now you have been. Maybe just see it for what it is: art. Not portrait, not photograph. Art.

Learn to appreciate art better, instead of trying to make an artistic interpretation into some sort of solid, canonical, in-game change?

That’s good. I didn’t think they’d use AI, given all of their talented artists.

2 Likes

I am not saying the new arts look outright anime. But, the new art style is more slim and narrow. To me, that feels more like anime rather than WOW’s traditional style of bigger, more exaggerated figures.

Art is obviously a matter of taste. So, I can’t say the new art is good or bad. But, I wouldn’t immediately identify it as a WOW art.

1 Like

Like I said in another thread, she looks like she is going through her, “I hate you, dad” phase :rofl:.

3 Likes

That is true. And it can be pretty subjective. To me it stands out pretty clear as WoW/Blizzard art. But that’s just to me. :dracthyr_shrug: Hope you have a good day though :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

Yeah general consensus is that it is done by an actual artist. Probably someone in house. Wonder if we’ll get to see her in combat during the expansion. I’d love to see some unique attack animations with this new look.

1 Like

I’d go with the It’s not a phase! phase.

1 Like

Black eyeliner, lipstick, and a Misfits shirt coming soon.

3 Likes

It’s almost as if different artists have different styles!

gasp

Who woulda thought?

2 Likes