Opinions on Alleria Windrunner new Key Art

Hey, Everyone. I wanted to see everyone’s thoughts and opinions on Alleria Windrunner’s new Key art. The picture of her in the white armor is the new one, and the green armor is the traditional look for her. In her traditional art she looks so buff and curvy. The new key art changes her hair color, face, seems to smooth down some of her curves, and removes some muscle. I do like her new hairstyle personally, and I’m not against a new look. The bow is awesome, but I don’t like the way her body and face have been changed in this art. What do you all think?
Link to new key art: https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-updated-art-for-the-war-within-alleria-xalatath-anduin-thrall-335870?page=3

7 Likes

It’s just key art. She also won’t look that buff in game either because Helves aren’t that buff model wise. People tripped about the Alexstrasza key art for nothing too. I do like the ombre hair and feel that needs to be a customization option for everyone.

16 Likes

Both look fine to me…

9 Likes

I think this topic was made just thr other day

7 Likes

Her new look is amazing. I’m not clicking a facebook link though.

It was also 404’d the other day.

12 Likes

I dunno, might be just me but It doesn’t look like anything Blizzard made. The one in white doesn’t look like their style. The one on the right does in the green.

6 Likes

I like both… however I did notice she looks much younger in the new picture with the new hairstyle.
I never like that type hairstyle in both male or female art/npcs however the new picture makes it look cool and it fits well with the new look. (IMO)

3 Likes

She’s seen better days.

8 Likes

For some reason I doubt GD’s ability to keep this from being 404’d just like the last one…

3 Likes

Yeah, I figure she’ll have the usual Elf build ingame. Just weird the art alters her face and general look so much apart from the armor.

Mountains out of molehills. The first is a much simpler drawing with a significantly lower level of detail more akin to concept art. The second required much more work and was probably created after in game renderings were already complete.

Wait until she’s in game before judging anything about the body, colors, or actual hair. Judge the stylistic cues now, not the drawing as a whole.

The new style looks good, but if she appears two dimensional in game - call it bad then.

2 Likes

Her body looks more exposed, maybe they’re going to let her skin glow with void. :8ball::robot:

3 Likes

In the new picture she is going though her rebel phase… apparently elves after a millennia in space and after slurping Void juice turn into rebellious looking teenagers! (Joking)

Sorry, could not resist! :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, its a big change for her. I like the clothes and bow. Just not sure why the art alters her face/body so much. Could just be stylized art.

1 Like

Because different artists.

10 Likes

Its just to my profile since I couldn’t post the pics here. Its the same post with pics.

Should have kept the old hairstyle but let the braid and random strands be Void touched.

3 Likes

Oh, I like to see that! I like that combination better, the one you just mention… I can picture it looking really cool (IMO)

1 Like

In the key art she looks closer to a Void Elf playable character.

I haven’t trusted any of the Blizzard art since Krexus was on the loading screen only to die 2 minutes into a storyline.

10 Likes

So your last thread and trolling a second one weren’t enough? You have to keep up this “she’s not feminine” thing?

13 Likes