Opinions on Alleria Windrunner new Key Art

I prefer the old model better. I don’t recognise the new model as Alleria. It looks cool, just not Alleria.

2 Likes

You are pretty transparent.

5 Likes

Ah, see, I thought the glow at her hair tips was just ambient light reflecting. I’d totally buy into the energy-thing more if she had more apparent voidy coloring highlights.

Edit - I just zoomed in and saw the bits curling around her neck and that looks great - just wish it was a touch more obvious. Maybe I’d see it better on my computer and not my phone.

1 Like

Love the new armor and hair! I hope we get things like this in game.

We haven’t seen a game model.

We’ve seen an artist’s interpretation of her.

4 Likes

Am I? You know me well then?

It looks a LITTLE like she cut off the purple-ening of her hair. Explaining the shorter hair. I’m not sure why she’d want to do that, maybe there’s a turn in her character coming up?

1 Like

Which is why I brought up Alexstrasza. You probably remember people complaining about that until they saw the ig model.

2 Likes

I guess that’s why OP heavily edits her pfps. Can’t let natural age show since women have to stay the same.

But seriously, I know the change isn’t for everyone but I like it. I love the new hairstyle that Alleria has and hope to get it for velves. Might have this character rock it (even though helms shave off hair plz blizz let us toggle hair showing) Also in media and even irl a new look means a new chapter of their life. I hope we get some mogs inspired by her mog. Then again, imo hunter mogs need all the help they can get.

2 Likes

It’s still long from the look of the back, just layered and then braided on the side.

Actually, looking at this more, she looks interesting- not just another copy /paste Windrunner. love it!!!

7 Likes

Yep. I feel like no one understands the difference between art and game models.

Watching the criticism over things and I’m like, “It’s not a photograph or a portrait… it’s just artist interpretation.”

2 Likes

she looks more like vereesa now imo

1 Like

You don’t though. You just think you do because you didn’t like some things I said. If you think I’m a minority or rare in my opinions on this matters you’re referencing, you’re wrong. This is just a fun little opinion discussion thread to see what others think. Some great opinions here. The real thoughts about the topic are quite welcome. Your witch hunt, is not.

Yep. You’ve made your stances and views pretty clear over the past few threads I’ve seen you in.

3 Likes

And we’re discussing art… We all know in game she’ll have the usual High/Void elf model, most likely. We’re talking about the art styles, looks. They’re rather drastic differences. People discuss art all the time. We really don’t know anything about her in game from The war Within yet, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to love it. Alleria Windrunner is one of my all time favorite characters in WoW. Seeing her showcased now is what I’ve been waiting for since seeing her in Legion.

No one is on a witch hunt. Calm down. :roll_eyes: Ironically, you’re the only one derailing this topic.

I can only imagine how offended you must be over artwork such as this if you’re so unhappy with the artist rendition of a game character: https://collectionapi.metmuseum.org/api/collection/v1/iiif/485406/1005024/restricted

Looks like AI art to me.
Good enough quality but just lacking any real character.
Like I feel I could recreate this with prompts like:
Elf Archer
Blue Magic
Pixie girl

Whereas the Thrall and Anduin ones look like someone actually sat down and read character bios and made a character, not a poster.

I was trying to find source material for Alleria in White armor as reference, because I don’t love it, and kept seeing this fan made art? from 5-6 months back which looks identical:
https://blenderartists.org/t/alleria-windrunner/1494992

But I’m not able to find anything that predates this?

3 Likes

I’m sure you don’t know me quite well enough. It’s easy to make decisions off very little information, but without the full picture, you could be wrong.

Well you’ve done nothing here to change those opinions so :dracthyr_shrug: