Opinions on Alleria Windrunner new Key Art

One topic calling her androgynous, while being offensive, and necroed a thread to call her the same thing. Both were deleted, afaik. You should see the other takes the OP has had on things.

3 Likes

Similar topic. Not the same post. Let’s say this one has been “Blizzard Forum-ified”. Nothing controversial here, just opinions and general discussions.
Also I’m a woman who just hopes female characters that are well established remain as they’ve been established for however many years she’s been around. Ten plus. Character development and all is great! Just not sure there is a reason for her to look so drastically different. I do like the armor and bow. An armor change is definitely not a bad thing. But people’s bodies don’t drastically change without drastic reasons. This is most likely “concept” art anyway. In game she’ll still have her High/Void Elf body. I’m not sure why people are so angry about someone’s opinion.

2 Likes

It’s ART not in game models.

People can create a piece of ART however they want.

3 Likes

I’m not angry

I just think the whole thing is being blown way out of proportion. like alleria… hahahah see what I did there.

2 Likes

To me, it’s like being offended that Picasso painted a woman. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t get what the issue is. Her proportions aren’t really that different. The big different is she’s not showing as much skin. That’s it. Clothing, Especially armor, can change how the figure looks. And let’s not forget, this is concept art not an ingame model.

4 Likes

You’d have to understand the OP better. The first thread was deleted, their other takes on women and transgender in other threads spell it all out, too.

7 Likes

I am a woman too and find this idea to be boring. That means that characters can never change in any way.

1 Like

Yeah I saw some of that.

3 Likes

I said outfit, hair, and character development is fine. But people’s set body structure doesn’t just change without something drastic changing it. That could be something they plan to flesh out in the expansion, or, this is just merely conceptual.

1 Like

It’s just a different style by a different artist. Honestly the biggest difference I see is in the shape of her nose, and that could just be a viewing angle thing. I don’t think there’s ever been a “canonical nose shape” for like any of the human-ish characters:

https://imgur.com/faGm6wm

Anduin’s appearance has also varied a lot from artist to artist:

https://imgur.com/x9njlzA

2 Likes

Apparently women have never changed their hair, makeup, lost weight, gained weight, etc.

And I guess we must be unhappy with artists who portray things differently for the sake of art.

:dracthyr_shrug:

6 Likes

Well like I mentioned before Helves have always been stick thin. What you are comparing is artist styles which won’t be reflected in game. She’ll still have the skinny model that Helves/Belves/Velves use.

1 Like

You don’t understand the OP, Sendryn. You need to stay on topic though, please. This thread is about opinions and thoughts on Alleria Windrunner’s new Key art. Not anything else.

Yeah it’s crazy to me. It’s some weird we must be a hive mind and live up to a certain strict standard vibes that Blizz should never buy into.

3 Likes

Yes. I realize this is most likely the case for sure.

Imgur

Imgur

4 Likes

It’s not rocket science.

Nothing I posted is off topic.

And we absolutely know yours.

And we have all given ours.

Right? Completely agree.

2 Likes

Her hair is too platinum for my liking in the new art, as her nickname is Lady Sun and she’s described as having more golden blonde hair.

1 Like

Elves are energy sponges. Energy that they use and absorb changes them. You can see that the tips of her hair have started to go a little purple-ish, it makes sense now that she’s not drawing from the Sunwell she’d be a bit less sun-colored.