Opinions on Alleria Windrunner new Key Art

The concept art looks great, I love it. Hopefully both her and Xal’atath get new custom models.

3 Likes

Well, it is blizzard after all.
We’re lucky she wasn’t turned into a bowl of fruit.

3 Likes

Can you post a link to where you actually got the art?

Edit - posted wowhead link below

2 Likes

I think I’ve come across some top-secret in-game footage of Alleria’s new model!

2 Likes

I knew bowls of fruit were just gateway drawings…

3 Likes

That’s definitely Alleria in that gif, the resemblance is uncanny. I know a noodle-elf when I see one.

/waggle

1 Like

The takes are one thing - the personal information is a bit more concerning.

Beyond that though, it’s funny that someone can just toss up a picture on here, claim it’s from Blizzard, and get folks on board with decrying how awful blizzard has gotten.

Edit - found it myself:

Yes, I found it and linked it above.

Yes! Exactly! I was wondering if anyone else felt this way.

Doesn’t really matter to me. I played MtG; I’ve seen characters and places interpreted by many different artists.

New art is fine.

1 Like

I was not sure how else to show the two pictures for comparison.

I took the links down from facebook. Can’t post images here, and I wanted a side by side so people could see both together and form an opinion. Yes, I’m a person who stands for “reality” if that’s what you mean by “interesting takes”. Either way, I’ll figure out a new way to link the comparison.

1 Like

I prefer the old version. The new one isn’t bad but it feels more generic.

4 Likes

I didn’t say anything about interesting takes.

But you go on about “reality.”

2 Likes

In looking those pictures over in the Wowhead link, Thrall, and especially Anduin both look as if they belong in Azeroth, which is a very rough place to live.

While all the art is lovely and I can appreciate the work, talent and skill that went into creating it, I would prefer that Blizz stay with the theme of having it’s main npc’s be more in keeping with their original art style which matches Azeroth and makes sense.

I don’t care about the armour change really, I’m not worried that the female characters aren’t “sexy” enough, etc… but all the npc’s should all look like they could kick some serious butt and anime style doesn’t do that.

Anime style is about fashion, being pretty and cutesy and when you’re done playing an anime game, you go online onto your own channel and say one or two words stupidly while dressed as an anime character and people pay you a lot of money for that.
It has it’s place but imo it doesn’t belong in WoW.

3 Likes

Wowhead is a good source for that. Someone already posted the link to the pictures of several main npcs but not the more traditional Alleria, she doesn’t show up in that.
You could probably transfer the FB pic to Imgur and post it that way.

1 Like

Overall I don’t think it’s that bad. She (obviously) is still (obviously) attractive, awesome, and Alleria.

I don’t really like the white top, shoulders, and wrists for some reason. That’s my biggest complaint I guess? I feel like it washes out some of the other features of the armor as well as her face a bit. That’s about my biggest criticism.

Edit:

To add a positive spin, things I particularly do like are: The tattoos, the glove on her right hand, the bow, and especially the pants and boots. She’s rockin’ those.

1 Like

I will. And this forum is confusing. I hardly use it, so I’m not quite up on all the ins and outs of replies, etc. So from here on out, if something doesn’t apply to you that I respond to, just ignore it. I’m sure I’ll get used to this soon enough, and I realize this keeps happening to you. My apologies. The new links are posted now anyway, and all should be well.

did you make this topic twice the other day?

pretty sure what this boils down to is you’re mad your cartoon girl doesn’t have giant knockers.

edit to add: which I suppose is a perfectly valid complaint to have, opinions and all that, but hardly something meriting three separate forum posts about. they’re not going to change it because you think she needs to be bustier.

5 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile: I added a new link that should show the traditional now. Let me know if it’s not working.

1 Like