Opinions on Alleria Windrunner new Key Art

Ahaha, and they have an icon on their page that says NO :no_entry_sign: to AI images

1 Like

She looks like a 12 year old. She doesn’t give off vibes of strong… anything. It’s good looking art, it was done well… it’s just not good Alleria art, in my opinion.

Her armor looks very nice. Looks like something out of a Souls game.

I’m not sure. It looks fine if it is.

I’d be more willing to believe that they’re using AI to write their quest dialogue, which in the latest patch felt wonky.

5 Likes

Alleria is married to Turalyon :skull: :skull: :skull:

1 Like

oh yeah… i completely forgot. Thanks for that reminder. God where is my head?

1 Like

Its cause the concept art makes her look like a teenager :sob:

1 Like

Elves typically look pretty young compared to humans. But yeah she does look “younger” than her previous art / model. She looks great as a character. TBH what bothers me most about the art of the war within is all the gray hair on thrall. Signifying age. Me remembering him from wc3 all these years later… god i feel ancient.

Side note some guild on my SoD server was recruiting and named A happy few. I was like isn’t that from a game that released like 1-4 years ago? as i could of swore i saw the game trailer on one of them big shows revealing all new games. Then someone said you mean more like 8 years. So i googled it. God things keep getting older and older and my mortality is constantly a reminder.

She looks like she’s ‘de-ageing’ if that’s possible. Kinda weird

:dracthyr_a1:

I like the art on its own, but yea it doesn’t suit Alleria’s personality. I’m fine with the hair. The outfit is meh. The power aesthetic seems cool. It’s the face that looks like a LoL/TERA character coming to WoW, which most likely won’t translate to the game cause I think they’ll keep her existing face model since they already re-used it in the WW feature trailer:

I think a lot of it is how disorienting the early 2000s feel. 1990 - 2000 is clear. But once it get’s to 2000 - 2010 my head can’t do math for some reason and I have to force myself to remember that period existed.

2 Likes

The 90s will forever be 10 years ago for us

5 Likes

Looks fine to me

327 replies… It would be nice if Blizzard would make her look like herself again. I don’t like this new… what should one even call it? It looks terrible. That hairstyle just doesn’t work at all. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What makes you think she’s going to look any different in-game in TWW?

I honestly think it’s because of how much of the early 2000s internet just got wiped away. All those sites I used like msn groups, yahoo, myspace are all gone. From the crunchy UI, to the way people typed as well

1 Like

I looked for a signature on the art. How do you know its his?

I used the Google.

Yes, I see that now. Thanks.

I’d love those colours on her new armor.

I like it that her new look is not just another version of the now iconic ‘windrunner sisters’ style.

2 Likes

She looks great but I hope she won’t be the main character oft the whole saga. I will not be taking quests from an alliance war criminal.

Did I claim that? I merely evaluated her concept art, which I find quite ugly. Her hairstyle looks like she’s desperate to speak with the manager or spend the whole day at demos.

2 Likes

When you say it would be nice if Blizzard would “make her look like herself again,” you’re just expressing concern about some concept art? Because in the TWW teaser video they released, she does look like herself. So they haven’t changed her (yet) and wouldn’t need to “make her look like herself again” because she already does.

I wouldn’t blame you if you said, “Man, I hope they don’t make her look like that.” I get that folks are feeling some things over that concept art and might not want to see changes made to a long-standing character. That’s completely valid, imo.

2 Likes