Opinions on Alleria Windrunner new Key Art

Yes, and, quick question back at you, have you ever read a full post?

2 Likes

Yes I read it, I simply wanted to know whether you understand how you yourself can look different with different changes. That’s a key component.

So now next question, do you understand different art styles and how different artists can change facial features, body dimensions and such?

where are her boobs

2 Likes

On her chest. She’s just not wearing overly exaggerated chest armor. It’s more practical.

4 Likes

Try zooming in and looking at the chestplate and shading if you’re that interested.

3 Likes

nothing, its 100% flat and androgynous, totally new and out of place for a character like her

2 Likes

:rofl:

Thats modern western art that a lot of the game companies seem to be using now days, I forget the name of this new type of art… but you get the idea. Its just art. :sweat_smile:

I don’t mind it nor the new look, however I know were your getting at… just made me LOL really hard how strong you came with that comment! ahaha :rofl:

SIDE NOTE: I heard from some game developers friends its also easier to animate and re-use androgynous 3d models for both male and female NPCs. However I think this is more an opinion/preference from a 3d artist who are told to create models that can be reuse later, so take it with a grain of salt. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

It isn’t.

5 Likes

I’d like to see the barber that can change your bone structure…

Well, I got my answer about whether or not you read my post… the answer is no, no you did not.

2 Likes

Nope, I’m simply trying to ensure we have a common understanding before I build on to more concepts.

I haven’t got an answer yet, but let me move on the next level.

Do you know the difference between concept art vs illustration?

Boobs shouldn’t be hanging out with archery. It’s a good way to lose a nipple.

6 Likes

I’d like to see an artist’s rendition not taken so seriously.

5 Likes

You ever seen makeup tutorials that aim to alter perceived nose size, cheek height, roundness of the chin, etc? Absolute witchcraft, I swear.

1 Like

It’s…really not. :dracthyr_shrug:

7 Likes

Ok yeah, granted, that’s true, though it brings up the amusing idea of wearing practical archery clothing, armour and armguards, but then spending hours before every battle applying makeup to make her face more rounded and youthful.

Think of it as more “economical” or “industrial” art as some working in the industry like to call it. :upside_down_face:

WARNING: Some artist don’t like it when you use those term with this style… darn it I can’t remember what was the name of this style of modern art. Sorry, if I remember Ill post it

Anything below a size H is flat in the vidya game tata department. You know better.

2 Likes

Why would make up negate the rest? Should women also not wear make up when we put on a seat belt?

1 Like

Huh? The heck you on about?

1 Like

:person_facepalming:

1 Like