Opinion on the in-game shop?

What’s your point? I didn’t pay for it.

Y’all really taking this bait lmfao

my point is, you were being disingenuous.

you can’t pretend to be outraged at the thought of shop items existing, when you own one.

it doesn’t matter who paid for it.
if it was a gift, you had the option to decline it.

Ah, I see.

So you already experience the disagreement against it.

I mention it to point out that for many people, it’s not simply how nice it looks, what it represents also matters a lot for many people. For example, people often say they don’t mind the items in the shop - but wish they were instead a reward for doing something within the game.

On this, we agree. We are only entitled to what the product advertises itself as. This is why I feel the deal is adequate: I have purchased the game, its expansions, and pay its monthly fee and have received what I payed for.

The in-game store is a good addition because it helps support the game that I enjoy playing, even though I don’t purchase from it myself, I’m glad that others do and can help keep this game from being cancelled.

2 Likes

I bought almost all the store mounts.
I’m still riding the same mount as ever, silver covenant hippogryph.
You’ll never need another mount when you get silver covenant hippogryph. It’s so… neutral.

But on topic of store mounts, I don’t see the issue. There’s like 500 mounts in-game. 600?

Not being disingenuous at all. And yes, I can be against it without telling someone to throw their gift in the trash. You’re full of it.

Also that item is ancient. While you stalk my profile like a creep did you find anything recent from the shop? Didn’t think so.

This character has existed since the game came out and there is one shop item I didn’t even purchase.

If the cash shop has to exist, I think the old RAF mounts might as well be added there since they were removed as options when the new RAF system rolled in. I’ve been meaning to RAF myself a second account, but none of the new rewards are desirable to me (the camel and plane mounts are hideous). They’ve already put the MoP collector’s edition mount in the shop, so I’m still hoping the old RAF stuff will end up there eventually.

How many are actually unique models though, with their own unique skeleton? That used to be a big deal about the store - there was no other models in the game that were like them.

In game, we have so many variations of a horse, so many variations of the shaman mount, and now so many variations of the Miridom head, and I could go on.

There have been things released that were unique when first released, but then got replicated over and over.

People will still prefer the rare and hard ones to get - why? Because it’s red.

I don’t mind the idea of an in-game store - it’s fairly normal these days - but having it alongside a monthly subscription is really grimy and cynical, IMO.

That subscription fee (which is four times the cost of say, Amazon Prime, by the way), should at the very least guarantee a player access to all the content in the game. They should have to earn it in said game, for sure, but it should all be accessible without a credit card.

And no, I don’t think farming gold for hours to the point where it’s a full time job, and buying a token, really counts.

That said? Even I’ve grabbed a couple of cheapies from the store, when they were on sale, so I’m not going to grandstand as some amazing, heroic crusader against the thing.

1 Like

Most of them? Like sure some have different recolors, but they’re still unique to other mounts.
Like the… carriage from Ardenweald, it’s unique. Bee mount is unique. Mimiron’s head is unique. Invincible is unique. Qiraji ultramarine battle tank is pretty unique unless you’re a scarab lord.

People make drama over nothing, there’s 100+ unique mounts that are free. And even though some have recolors, so what? I like the goat from Tillers, just because it has 3 variations doesn’t make it inferior.

1 Like

yeah except they cant even get that thing right.
if you have an european account on bnet and you play with your american friends you can not buy boosts, you can not buy character name change half the shop is unusuable because they simply can not develop a more streamlined system.

buffoons.

1 Like

So, it’s delusion, then.

1 Like

Ok but that stuff is a far reach and would never happen so this doesn’t help your argument at all btw

You said there were around 600 mounts in the game.

I point out the replications, and you know brought the number down to around 100. That might be more accurate.

Like I said though, these things start unique before being replicated. Mimiron’s head used to be very unique - now we have a goblin head version, and Mecagon brought in more variations of the theme. Invincible…we have a lot of horses. I think it’s more the rarity of it that drives people to that one.

Qiraji battle tank, bee mount, I’ll give you, and they are also quite sought after. Let’s have more like that rather than more store mounts.

No, there’s still 600 mounts.
There’s 10 or so different hippogryphs, and yet one of them is my favorite mount.

Recolors =/= bad mount.

And as you agreed, 100+ are still unique.

My argument is that people find items impressive when they are rare and hard to get. It was stated within the context of what mounts people find impressive. People would dislike them being added to the store because it would remove the scarcity associated with them. I wasn’t arguing for them to be added, I was discussing what makes items prestigious and why they typically impress people more than things from the store.

My point is adding 100 more horses vs. 1 unique mount in the store doesn’t make people in the game go “omg, we have so many great mounts” because it’s the rare unique ones they crave and the achievement associated with them, beyond whether they actually like its looks or not.

Surprised they haven’t expanded on it.
More stuff but at lower prices, using the money they gain from it to work on “side” features that are heavily requested but not worth full focus like player housing, and more expanded customization.

It’s 2021.
People throw a hissy fit about how everything should be in the game, but then also whine if the prospect of the sub fee going up is presented. The cost hasn’t increased with inflation unless you’re not American. Contrary to what people who complain about everything say, money matters - the costs to maintain a game like this are absolutely insane.

I have more an issue with how stuff’s priced than the fact the shop exists. Everything is way too expensive. Final Fantasy has a solid system in that regard, and better incentive since they have… you know, better customization overall and housing to play with - with a solid balance of what’s available in game and in shop.

PS; gonna go mog back into the fairy PJ’s to piss people off more later.

1 Like

I don’t mind the cash shop. Ive purchased some stuff while it was on sale.

Only thing that makes me weary is if they withhold the really neat stuff for the specific purpose of selling it and rewards in the game suffer as a result.

“Just reskin a horse and give that as an ingame mount. Put that new model in the cash shop”

2 Likes