Opinion on the in-game shop?

I think it’s a good thing that Blizzard has a shop to buy mounts, toys, cosmetics, pets, etc… It gives Blizzard more of an incentive to make quality content for those willing to pay for it. I think everything in the shop looks great and while I don’t think the pricing is great, it often goes on sale. The WoW shop is also one of the least offenders compared to other games that offer pay-2-win aspects. What’s the communities perception of the in-game shop? I’ve personally bought all the mounts and pets when they were on sale. :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :moneybag: :money_with_wings:

14 Likes

It shouldn’t exist, period.

63 Likes

I wish they put some transmogable shorts on the store. Sure we got some in game but they look weird like someone glued dry grass to my crotch.

8 Likes

Sounds more like you need a razor, not shorts.
:wink:

13 Likes

I really think they should add more cosmetics and fun toys into the shop. I really like the transmorpher toy and wish there was similar toys that can affect your cosmetic appearance.

2 Likes

looking forward to them trotting out the next Chinese Zodiac themed mount

8 Likes

I’m curious to what the next 6 month store item will be. I’m hoping it’s a new cosmetic set or a new mount. The last one came out around this time last year.

2 Likes

OR…and wow…I get this may be a RADICAL IDEA…

Put those things as rewards inside the game instead!!!

jaw drop

I know, imagine playing the game to get rewards rather than just using your credit card. Crazy, I know!

24 Likes

I don’t disagree with you, just want to put out there that you can turn gold intro blizzard balance.
What do you think, after having been reminded this… as I said I don’t disagree I just thought about this but not sure if it makes a difference, I think it does.

1 Like

I actually agree with you in everything, while pricing is questionable, but so long as it’s, toys, cosmetics and mounts, like all the optional chooses that have no direct impact as in performance, I’m 100% down with it.

Personally I’d like to see more Armour cosmetics added, the fairy one (which I have), not a fan off, but I know people love it, I was hoping they continue this… every 6 months a mount or cosmetic is added for free on top your 6 month sub and perhaps they can keep adding further transmogs in the shop.

While I know some will disagree saying all transmogs should be in game, but let’s be real money makes the world go round, I’d be ok to pay $15 AUD for a transmog they have in the shop if I like it.

5 Likes

Nah, I think there’s plenty of rewards in-game as is. I think they should keep some of the more unique ones in the shop. Think of it from a business prospective.

1 Like

You shouldn’t have go to through “Blizzard balance” to get items in game. They should be 100% earnable in game, full stop.

I never forgot.

7 Likes

Do you work for Blizzard? No?

Then stop thinking about more ways you can give them money

2 Likes

It’s a thing that exists. That’s about as much thought as I have ever put into it.

They could even have some sort of benefit system, that the people who designed and create the transmog in Blizzard get a sort of royal bonus in they pay if it makes it to the shop…

Huge incentive to create fabulous transmogs for them, if they go above and beyond they should be rewarded aswell…

Also I’d love if every 3 months they do a poll, where the community can vote on something to be created or designed! Let us feel like we are in the creation process, loved how they did it with the tree mount.

3 Likes

While I think most in-game stuff should be obtainable without paying for it, I think there should cosmetics and toys that are fun to use in the in-game shop as well. I’m much happier with the way Blizzard does it because nothing is pay-2-win. I also like supporting them.

1 Like

Yeah, totally agree. The one thing I do like is wow tokens though. I like the idea of someone who plays the game and has tons of money being able to pay the subscription of ppl with not enough money to pay it in return for something nice, such as gold.

2 Likes

I’m all for giving them money if they make high quality toys and cosmetics/mounts. It’s really not that expensive.

Hard disagree. It shouldn’t exist, nothing should be bought with money besides a sub and expansions.

3 Likes

i want the firelord crown back.

1 Like