Opinion on the in-game shop?

Them adding more store mounts isn’t going to effect anything it’s all optional my god

1 Like

For all I care, the in-game shop stuff only costs gold. Because it does.

1 Like

Based

/10char

Honestly, this is my biggest gripe with it - it existing in a sub-based game at all is a big gripe, but this is the biggest.

It costs so much to transfer a single character, for example, I’d rather just buy an entire new game and play that instead.

1 Like

…and our sub money isnt incentive?

1 Like

I forgot to mention this.

A lot of the cash shop mounts are stuff that clearly have a place in game, but… are on the shop for some reason. They need to make the shop stuff things that don’t have a defined and clear place in game. Stop using them as “previews” of what’s coming.

-Armored Bloodwing; Forsaken Anything
-Celestial Steed: Algalon
-Enchanted Fey Dragon: Shadowmoon Valley WoD - although colour changing version does seem reasonable for shop.
-Grinning Reaver: WoD Rep
-Iron Skyreaver: WoD Rep
-Luminous Starseeker: Argussian Reach
-Mystic Runesaber: Elisande
-Vulpine Familiar: reskin without armor literally drops in game wtf
-Sylverian Dreamer: Ardenwald

The only mounts that we have in the shop that seem really reasonable for being shop mounts are the Zodiac mounts, Heart of the Aspects, Anniversary Mounts, Dreadwake - ect.

Steamscale and Nightmare seem reasonable as engineering mounts, but I’ll let those slide too.

The biggest kick in the teeth is the fact that a lot of these mounts seem like they wouldn’t have recolours put in game, or versions that don’t change colours. I’ll never use my Feydragon or Starseeker because they will never match my mogs for more than a few seconds.
But then they went and put another armored bat mount in the game.

It’s so weird.
Shop should be for unique things that don’t have a clear place in game.

2 Likes

I think it does impact what they put in the game, how they care about subscriptions (which they have admitted no longer matter) and the content they create within the game.

Yeah.
I settled and retired on my “home” server of WRA after spending a sickening amount of money transferring my main roster (main + supporting profession alts) across multiple servers and factions in MoP and WoD. (That first tier, guilds were dropping like flies due to the difficulty spike and… general WoD issues.)
It’s absolutely ridiculous how much this stuff costs.

Sucks to admit, but at this point, if I have to shell out to transfer to raid or PvP, I’d rather just spend gold for a carry because at least Blizzard’s not making additional money off imbalance issues.

looking at the very public armory isn’t exactly “stalking someone like a creep” :laughing:

…and i didn’t need to look any further, i saw all i needed to know.

so “ancient” store items are ok?
…it’s just the new ones which you find evil and morally objectionable?

so you purchase race changes too… and STILL continue your facade. :crazy_face:

I don’t care as long as they never sell any P2W items. Every other game has a shop, even games with subs.

1 Like

Are you referring to my post about the mage tower? Because of course there’s people who disagree with opinion. But there are also those who agree with it. From that post, it looks like the community is pretty evenly split on the topic. I think it goes to show there’s more people who simply don’t care or would enjoy having that content back in the game.

We pay a monthly fee just to log into our characters.

Blizzard should be making quality content to begin with.

1 Like

Exactly this. We know what we’re getting when we pay for an expansion and it’s monthly service. The WoW shop is optional content that is added without any indication of what it may be. You like it, you have the option of purchasing it with money or in-game gold. I’m really starting to think that those who are against the shop either don’t have the money/gold to spend and want a free handout, or they are just being spiteful to be spiteful.

1 Like

As long as it does not sell anything with a real game advantage, just cosmetics, pets and mounts. Its great. the Minute it ever starts selling gear or weapons I’m done.

1 Like

My fave mount is still a playing card mount. I’m glad I got it when I did. The price is insane.

That seems to be what most people agree on when it comes to approving of the in-game shop. I like the cosmetics and toys/mounts but anything thats pay to win such as gear that when it will become a problem… I don’t think Blizzard would do this intentionally or willingly.

2 Likes

When Belfs first came out I rode that dam running bird for months. The chop chop hair gave me serious headaches (I normally don’t get headaches), so being desperate I bought the celestrial horse. Omg! She had a smooth riding gait and her mannerisms were very realistic to a horse. I loved her!, still do. I never felt guilty of buying her but friends would tease me that I was “rich”…haha. I physically and mentally benefited by a store item. I don’t regret it and don’t judge those who purchase items from the store.
Seriously folks…didnt you buy the game World of Warcraft from somewhere?! You going to judge ppls for paying for monthing subs too? Come on we all just want to have fun. Please don’t forget that!

I just bought the WOOF pack to get the Vulpine Familiar mount for my Vulpera, an they tossed in Shu-Zen, the Divine Sentinel “Another Chinese mount” and I really like it.

Despite evidence to the contrary…

1 Like

care to explain your evidence?