Opinion on the in-game shop?

For decades, purchasing the game did entitle you to everything in the game. And for at least classic and TBC, the subscription and expansion purchase did entitle you to all content created for the game.

Not really the first season wasn’t like that which is why I even brought it up . Sorry you’ve never won one .🤷

Personally I see any shop item as a distraction with devs for potential pieces that they could have added to the game to help subscription numbers and player enjoyment/ goals to keep you busy.

Does that make them bad or even what I’m saying entirely correct? No. But that is how I feel about it deep down.

But blizzard’s end goal is to make money and it accomplishes that features so…

1 Like

I don’t hate it… I do have the wind yakdeer thing from MoP, and the brewpup. A lot of it doesn’t interest me though

Right I buy the stuff because I think it’s cute it’s just a bonus to tmog with idc if people go omg cash shop shop items . Tbh I don’t think anyone’s ever complained to me about using them lol .

1 Like

I don’t mind cosmetic stuff too much. I do mind some of the stuff that affects achievements (mount and pets).

Also, the amount it costs for services is WAY too much. Maybe 2 times what it should be. Especially considering my toons are stuck on an alliance dead server. Not about to pay 25*5 to move the well geared ones. Or even 50 just to move 2 of them.
Put in perspective, move a character from a server is half the price of another AAA video game… That’s crazy. Should be about 10 dollars if anything(not More than the subscription). Not to mention name changes…

It’s not likely to change though, because people and while guilds actually pay it.

This isn’t even really a trial of style thing, you see it in everything. Mashing buttons until the desired thing happens is how anything that doesn’t have any actual hard requirements will be done by the masses.

1 Like

Your title is “opinion on the in-game shop”

I’ve told you the opinion felt by many, maybe the majority, and from all the replies on here other just myself, it should be obvious that it isn’t a unique opinion.

Related to this, I’m telling you what others often think when they see a player with a store item. When you use store items, be aware that many people are going to look at you with some annoyance. Fine, if that matters or not to you, but telling that many people will look at you with dismay with a store item isn’t a lie. This thread is going to grow and grow because you’ve basically opened up one of the most controversial topics in this game.

Also, I would add, for someone who says how much he doesn’t care what others think, you certainly go out of your way to defend your opinion or frustration with people who dislike it.

Yep. in a pay to play game microtransactions SHOULD NOT exist.

1 Like

Actually, I did win several. The one I remember best is when it asked us to wear purple, and put on my Mage Challenge Mode gear from MoP. People still find that gear impressive.

Like, what do you think people would find more cool and impressive: A weapon skin from completing the mage tower or one bought from the shop?

How do you think people would react if they added the mage tower transmog to the store?

I’m not a huge fan of any in game purchases but I think it’s a little far-fetched to say the majority of players are looking with disdain on the people who buy them.

Any level-headed person who isn’t Green With Envy will simply shake their head and say “it’s your money… I don’t get it but it’s your life…”
Any actual confrontation or interaction with a person is more of a you problem than a them one

1 Like

But you are entitled to everything in the game. Everything in the in-game shop is purchasable with gold if you wish. The only things you can’t get anymore are time-limited things like for example Blizzcon goodies or mage tower, etc…

1 Like

Because gold has an actual cash value due to the wow token, so they can calculate how much it’s worth in gold due to wow token. If it was a special currency you couldn’t buy, you would have a better argument. Previously, when there was no wow token, it wasn’t available for gold.

Regarding things like the blizzcon items and mage tower, how do you think people would react if they were place in the store?

you seem.stressed?

So you agree everything in-game as of now is obtainable besides what was time-limited? From what I remember, when the WoW shop came out, it still has everything it did previously, besides a few things they took out as part of there “see you later bundles”. Those will come back sooner or later and will be purchasable with in-game gold.

I think you’d see a lot of those who are loudest complain, but there would be a majority who would be happy with re-adding past blizzcon event items. Blizzard wouldn’t add mage tower skins into the in-game shop. They would re-add the event and scale it up or remake the event to match the current expansion and add the old rewards. I think most people would be happy with this.

shouldn’t exist as long as there is a monthly sub and box prices

1 Like

I’m explaining that they are purchasable with gold because it promotes people buying wow tokens which have real world cash value. If they didn’t sell wow tokens, they wouldn’t make it purchasable without gold. That’s why it didn’t work like that prior to token being buyable.

The scarcity bundles are also a border-line scam because it’s artificial scarcity and used to make certain items sell more despite the fact there is no scarcity. There’s no scarcity, it’s a digital item. It’s a a marketing technique and caused major controversy and outcry when it was done.

You think most would be happy with that? ROFL

Are you a new player?

Please, I beg, create a thread saying you think they should do exactly that: bring in an event that let’s people obtain the mage tower items in-game. See how well that goes for you. lol

I assume you meant “game” generally, as in other games, since WoW hasn’t been out for decades and you acknowledge that as early as Wrath it didn’t. The topic is about WoW’s in-game shop, as you know, so my reply was about that.

But as I said:

That point still stands. Even in Vanilla there were micro transactions in server transfers.

Yes, that particular statement was about games in general.

Regarding Vanilla, and by extention, TBC; game services aren’t the same as cosmetic rewards. It’s a separate category.

Outside of boosts, you don’t really hear anyone complain about game services that don’t compete with items obtainable in the game as they exist outside of the gameplay by definition.

Part of the reason they also charged so much for it is because server community was important and it was used to demotivate people from leaving their server.

I love the shop. I buy gold every tier to get BoE mythics.