Opinion on the in-game shop?

i don’t mind the shop, but i wish the mounts/mogs/etc on there was earnable in-game, not just by spending money/grinding out gold for tokens. like, if the new-years-animal mounts were earnable by doing lunarfest stuff, heck, if they were secrets like the riddler’s mindworm, that kind of thing.

Like the guy that said it shouldn’t exist I agree. This is a game we pay for each month. There shouldn’t be an in-game shop.

Anyways I’m glad they haven’t gone full out on it like other games with micro-transactions. I guess it’s really only a matter of time until it happens. I expect to see everything from currency boosts to straight up gear.

Jaina mounts were being sold for more money than store mounts cost in real money and gold value to bnet balance.

A subscription based game should not have a cash shop. It’s pretty ridiculous.

1 Like

I’m not really a big fan of these things either tbh, but I do also think it’s worth more than a store mount, so I think it makes sense it cost more.

Yranda, just admit. You own all the store mounts, and i’d even bet money you own most if not all of the pets as well. :wink:

1 Like

I’m primarily a classic player - guess how many store mounts and pets are in classic…

I play retail when I’m not raiding classic or preparing for raids in classic. When choosing which mounts to use, I typically consider the prestige and rarity associated. Went out of my way to grab every legion class mount, and I’m very close to the 100 exalted mounts. Spent a lot of time farming for drakes to get the green drake. I enjoy doing all the things within the game that reward mounts and pets, they are cool rewards.

I don’t think so as long as it’s cosmetic stuff only. Every other mmorpg out there has a cash shop that’s much worse than world of Warcraft. blizzard even gives us a free mount every 6 months with a subscription. That’s really generous of them. That free mount is $25 in the store by itself. I’m saving money by subscribing for 6 months and I get a free store item.

gold selling has always been banned.

people did it before tokens existed, and people still do it now via illicit gold selling sites.

Having a shop takes away from Blizzard making better content to be earned in the game and anyone that supports a shop supports blizzard not making things for in game.

1 Like

They do that to ensure you keep playing during content droughts because people typically stayed subscribed for less than six mounts. They give the mount less as a reward and more so to get you to pay for longer than people would typically do so. Also, the profit margin they make on store mounts is absolutely massive. It’s a digital product that has zero reproduction costs. It doesn’t cost them all that much to give a mount with a six-month subscription, although recently they actually gave transmog instead of a mount. It may even be items they already had made, were planning to put in the game, but then chose to give it as the subscription mount. It seems increasingly likely considering store mounts recently have very similar versions inside the game rather than being completely unique. As someone mentioned previously, they’ve gotten into the habit of putting into the store a mount that is actually common in the upcoming expansion.

Character transfer services? Fine. Level boosts? Eh I’ll let it slide. Transmogs and Mounts? I’m much more interested in earning such rewards in game. I don’t care if everyone’s doing it. It’s wrong on every level. ESO is fine because you can play that one without a subscription. FFXIV? I wish they didn’t have a cash shop but they actually listen to their community and deliver high quality content pretty consistently, so I’d be more comfortable spending my money there. WoW feels like a cash grab every time because of the consistently low effort content and 6 month sub ‘reward’ program. It seems like they just wait to see how much money they can make off of subs with as little effort as possible before deciding if they actually need to work on some compelling content or not.

nice Enchanted Fey Dragon you’ve got there.

…and yet you’ve got almost every store pet.

1 Like

Tbh that’s weird that you would look that up Freddy but I mean hey you got me lol.

sorry if it made you feel weird :stuck_out_tongue:

the dude below you was the funnier one.
for someone who appears to be protesting the store, that’s an awful lot of store pets they’ve got!

1 Like

You gotta let me slide look at the guild name lol

1 Like

It’s shouldn’t exist. It’s been linked directly with people not wanting to join together in game and aquire them through group effort.
Clearly Blizzard sold the game to a company hell bent on making money rather than continuing to create a good game.

2 Likes

Imagine using “prestige” and Legion Class Mount in the same sentence.

That reasoning seems a stretch to me. How does having things in the shop preclude in-game development?

You’re amazing. A lot of these people who keep talking bad about the in game store seem happy enough to purchase some for themselves. It’s strange how that works.

Also a lot of them are posting on classic alts with little to no post history… trying to hide something? :rofl:

1 Like