Opinion on the in-game shop?

I understand but many companies especially mmos use this as an added benefit, I think every Mmo has some form of cash shop now.

I like the shop. I wish they had more interesting things to buy. The selection is pretty thin.

1 Like

I am a fan of the shop. I think their normal prices are a bit high for my liking but I do love it when it runs its half price sales.

1 Like

We all pay for a subscription. That should be all the incentive they need to make quality content. Having some gated behind an extra paywall is pure greed. They do it because they can. No it’s not nearly as egregious as other games, but that doesn’t make it good.

3 Likes

I have a feeling they may already be doing something like this. I really like it when they make pets for charity too. It’s no doubt that they put a lot of time and effort into a lot of the store mounts and I really like the Transmog set. I’m more than happy to set aside $25 extra a month to purchase a transmog/mount if they made some really nice looking ones monthly. $10 for a toy isn’t that bad either. As long as it’s only cosmetics I don’t see the problem. It supports the game and gives them more incentives to add some really good extra content.

2 Likes

Paying for a subscription and every expansion is how you should be rewarding them for your in-game experience. You don’t seem to understand how the quality of the store impacts the quality of the in-game experience nor if it makes them care about the in-game experience when their primary money maker is the store.

But it’s ok, you can go give them extra money on top of what you already spend.

Why don’t you just send them a thank-you card with a check?

2 Likes

Blizzard is a business and I don’t think this game is that expensive. It’s the only game i really ever play besides a backlog of steam games. $15 a month is really nothing to me. Most new games cost $60. The in-game shop adds flavor to the game and I think it’s rather cheap compared to buying a new $60 game.

I really think there’s plenty of high quality content in the game right now. Blizzard is a company and they wouldn’t just willingly spend time and resources making some really good looking content into the game if they aren’t turning a profit. I’d much rather them make that content (and I pay extra for it) then not at all. It’s a win-win for the customer and the business.

2 Likes

You have no honour, seriously.

Whenever people see you in game with a mount or anything bought from the store, no one is impressed, few find it cool, and it gives you absolutely zero prestige.

All the vast majority see is a sucker who was willing to pay his credit card to get something rather than do something cool, difficult, or rare inside the game.

You seriously think anyone looks at you with a store mount and finds it even remotely as impressive as a Jaina mount? You are basically walking around with a chump sign when you waltz around with a store bought item.

7 Likes

imagine getting this worked up over a business selling stuff. :joy:

5 Likes

good thing i don’t care what people like you think. i am happy with my purchase and that’s all that matters. to judge others for their purchases is a sign of immaturity.

11 Likes

I’m not looking to impress anyone lol. I like the mount and I find it would be fun to ride it around with all my different alts and find good transmogs to go with it. The Jainia mount is such a good looking mount and it’s one of the examples of a high quality mount in-game. I’m not getting what your point is. I’m playing the game for me not for others :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Yup, you care so little about others that you post a thread asking what people think about the in-game shop.

I’m letting you know, a good amount, if not the majority hate it, look down at the items when they see them in the game, and by association, the people using them. They are sometime spit on and even kicked from groups due to it.

Well luckily I’ve never come across such players, and I’d gladly dismiss myself from such a group of people. I’m curious to know what others would like to see in future in-game shop items and what they think of the current state of it is. It’s okay if you don’t like it, but it’s here to stay and I just want to improve upon it.

To add to the discussion, I’d love it if Blizzard added the Wedigo Woolies into the shop. It’s such a cute transmog but sadly I wasn’t able to get a virtual ticket last year. I’d like to see a return of past Blizzcon goodies.

2 Likes

a sign of someone who has yet to grow up.

3 Likes

they really don’t.

the only people who feel this way, are the ones who are incapable of independent thought, and need an “influencer” to tell them how they should feel about things.

…and i’m going to go out on a limb, and guess that the reason you’re posting on a classic character, is because you don’t want people to see all your store purchases :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What would people like to see?

How about removing it and stop adding additional categories like they did with toys and transmog.

The quality of the shop has even gone down. It used to only have models that were unique and couldn’t be found in the game; now they use similar models or the exact same sometimes.

The best way to improve it is keeping it as minimal as possible

No, I think a person who talks about spending the money on all the shop items is no sweat and fun is far more showing up their age.

if that’s what people wanted, they’d go play classic.

Why are we paying 15 dollars a month for them to spend time making Microtransaction for us to pay them more? LOL?

1 Like

same. this year is cow, but I can’t wait for rabbit and snake.