Operation: Mechagon lockout and grouping bug

Earlier today I was doing OP:M with a group, and we finished the first 3 bosses, and stopped at HK-8. I left the group and left the instance, and just 20 minutes ago decided to check my instance lock and start a new group. Surely enough, when i walked in, the 3 bosses were down and i could see HK-8 where he was supposed to be. I proceeded to, while inside the instance, start a pug group over group finder, and got 4 people to join. They entered the instance, and I couldn’t see them inside. I left the instance and reentered, and I could see my group, but the issue was that HK-8 was now flying over a newly revived King Gobbamak ( preventing us from killing him), and the HK-8 boss wasn’t where it should be. The other 2 bosses I had killed were properly dead, as well. I decided to double check by exiting the group and leaving/reentering the instance, and sure enough it was back to normal. Making another group caused the problem to happen again.

8 Likes

Had the same issue except we had already killed HK-8. Door behind him was still closed though, and King was up on the map. So we went and rekilled King - it says that HK-8 is patrolling but he doesn’t actually do anything (at least for us - again we had downed the boss already). But still couldn’t get the door to open. Exited, reformed the group with the original players, reset instances, still not open.

1 Like

Same issues here. Blizz please send help!

2 Likes

Same issue here.

Killed Machinist last night and the bridge to King Mechagon is closed.

I went back in the instance this morning by myself and the door was open. Maybe fixed? I’ll have to try with my group.

Yeah same thing is happing with my group where we are either all at the 7th boss room and it’s locked or 1 person is in a different phase which is unlocked but everyone else zones into a locked room. Hope this gets fixed soon or at least a blue saying the issue is on there radar.

Same issue here. Yesterday we killed the first 3 bosses and didn’t attempt HK. Then today started a group to kill HK but when we entered 2 bosses were dead but somehow King Gobbamak was back alive with the HK patrolling his position. So we couldn’t kill the boss because it was too hard with the HK up. Please fix.

This was a bug on the PTR as well. We reported it then but I guess they never bothered to look into it, as we experienced it again yesterday as well.

3 Likes

second this, can confirm this has been a thing since the PTR that I also reported.

The only work around that I have found with this is as follows:

Have all group members (who are locked to the same dungeon) gather outside of the OM dungeon, not in a party.

Have a few enter the dungeon and create a party(quickly), do not invite the outside members just yet as they will get the message they are porting to the GY, and with this even if they are invited, they will be ported out and not see the same lockout when re-entering.

Now that your group is formed, have them enter and make sure the leader invites immediately, to prevent the above from happening.

This literally just worked for my group, and we were having the same exact issue.

3 Likes

That is awful…to have to jump through so many hoops just to get back into the instance together without the lockout or some in a difference instance than the others.

Bliz failed to address this from what I am reading, if it was evident on the PTR before launch. Someone on their staff is not doing their job.

I do agree that it is awful. Hopefully a hotfix comes out soon where you do not have to do that in order to run a dang dungeon.

My groups original lockout was on the oppression unit, but once we entered the following day the Trogg King was still up and the oppression unit was hovering over him (we downed him the day prior). We made attempts, then we figured we would try to get our original lock out back.

My group started at 9PM to try to run the dungeon, and it took us ~10:45PM to find a work around. That is a lot of time wasted on something that could been fixed in the PTR, when it was in fact reported.

Can confirm, happening here too. We couldn’t continue, because HK-8 was above the King and we couldn’t get him to move by doing Gunker first. Gunker and the twins were dead but King had respawned. Would be nice to hear back from Blizzard about this issue.

Exact same issue - this is ridiculous!!!

Hey Blizzard fix your fooking dungeon I resubbed for this patch and I can’t even finish this mythic ID. This EXACT bug was reported OVER A MONTH AGO on the PTR forums and now it’s in live great job.

4 Likes

This workaround did not work for us.

Ran into this too. I have the first 3 bosses down. If I zone in by myself, all is as expected. If I invite anyone else, they zone in and bosses are up for them and I can’t see them.

That’s weird, and I’m sorry to hear that! Hopefully there is a hotfix coming out to fix this issue. I was hoping what we tried would work for everyone haha… :sweat:

Same bug here, would appreciate to have a gm response.