Open world/solo should reward scaled mystic ilvl raid

“Mystic plus” … what?

Oh, it’s a Ralph thread. File it under the usual complaints they have and move on (till the next time they post about the same old things again)

Trash mobs are not a challenge. Blizzard trying to make them a perpetual challenge has only resulted in the game becoming more tedious.

you know what would be great?

if blizz would create a script to auto-ban anyone who uses the term “mystic” when talking about raiding for 7 days.

1 Like

lol…good luck w/ those elites…there will need to be others there to make it happen. You aint killin them in 252’s, sorry

Season 4 was an act of desperation after the raid failure of season 3.

TBH, every x pac should just have a drought so players can kick back and do other things instead of WoW.

Wow just needs system with gear like Elder Scroll Online. Craft yourself best gear, buy yourself beat gear , grind yourself best gear. Whatever suits you best. Sure grinding is still fastest way, but is the most expensive way, and crafting slowest way but you have a goal and progress. Wow lets you equip one crafted item which is laughable ilvl, and open world gives BS.

2 Likes

It is Normal item level. Except for this season. It is below everything.

But I think a good upgrade system to that in end game for open world is what is needed. The item level is not the issue. The content engagement is the issue.

1 Like

if you can’t kill elites in zm with 252 tier gear - then it’s a skill issue :100:

oh well

You’ll be happy to know since SL launched, you can outgear normal raid without ever raiding or stepping foot in M+.

1 Like

Nah it’s still normal ilvl. Fated is it’s own thing. The 12 forum trolls posting on alts demanding fairness in an unfair game are beyond boring.

Do the content and get the rewards you want.

Or.

Do the content you want and get the rewards from that.

It’s no more complex than that.

2 Likes

And what happens when they have all the rewards from that content? They should just quite? they should leave the game?

This is what ones like you do not get, all some are asking for, all that they have ever asked for, is content they can possibly use the rewards they got from the content they did to push om into more content they WANT TOD DO for more rewards.

Torghast provides rewards for the higher levels and different forms of content (jailor’s gauntlet for instance), and this content can be done solo, yet for the higher layers, you need to hit certain gear breakpoints (maybe not the recommended ilvl, but higher then what is available out in the world). The ones asking for more content/better rewards could be satisfied if Torghast provided gear among the rewards as people did it, thus enabling people to use rewards from one form of content to push further in that same form of content.

2 Likes

I am unsure why this was directed towards me. I have specifically stated that the item level was perfectly acceptable.

As for the “it is still normal item level” portion of your post, Fated should have been added to open world so that open world could also enjoy Fated.

1 Like

Ralph, I was giving you an example of what a player with some skill can accomplish with 226 gear.

Now if you only ever do open world, at this point you should have a full set of 252 at the very least.

But let’s be real, you should be wearing two 291 legendary pieces, at least one 285 from the fated world bosses, at least one 265 from the maw world boss, and your four piece tier set.

That’s in the neighborhood of 260, and with a 260, yes you should be able to do anything in Torghast. If you can’t, wowhead or icyveins have all the information you need to improve, because something ain’t right.

And as others have said, run ONE KEY, then you will have a piece to upgrade with all that valor you’ve been collecting from callings.

2 Likes

As far as this goes, they could have treated it like the did the world bosses: When the corresponding raid was fated, the world content rewarded higher ilvl/was “empowered”, so Bastion, Maldraxxus,. Ardenweald, and Revendreth would reward the higher ilvl when Castle Nath was fated, Korthia and maw invasions would reward the higher ilvl when Sanctum was fated and ZM would do the same when Sepulcher was fated.

2 Likes

When I say “casual” I’m really referring to ultra-casual players who only do solo content. There’s actually quite a few players in this category.

Seasons 1,2 and 3 all had systems in place by which these solo players could advance their character’s power. Season 4 has nothing.

Also, while Mythic+ might seem “casual” compared to the effort required to pvp at gladiator level or raid mythic, it still requires a level of skill, organization, and timing that is not available to a large portion of the playerbase.

Many players might only have 10 to 30 minutes to play and can’t commit to a schedule in advance.

• That’s not enough time to find a group and run mythic+. Especially for a poorly geared ultra-casual player with low IO.
  • Even a guild probably wouldn’t help as the chances of the player logging in at the right time to get in a guild group are low.
  • Also, not everyone who can do it actually likes mythic+. Many players may find it a lot more relaxing to spend their time in-game doing solo activities.

Note that I’m not saying that gear upgrades for these ultra-casual players should be better than what is available from organized team gameplay. It shouldn’t. It should be the bottom-most way to obtain gear. But there should be some mechanism for these players to continue to advance.

Having to skip Season 4, because Blizzard forgot about them is dumb.

Good question. What happens when anyone reaches the end of power progression? I’m not playing currently due to the fact that I’ve done what I wanted to do regarding my power level. It has an end for everyone.

You can enjoy fated by doing fated world bosses. You can do those in quest greens.

Who said anything about power progression being the rewards? Maybe the reward is a cool mount, a nice looking cosmetic, etc.

Power progression is not the reward, just the gateway to the rewards they want.

I’m not doing the intellectually dishonest forum troll thing today dude. Scroll up. Take a moment to read. Just read the first post. it’s all you gotta do.

These players aren’t casuals, they’re mostly obstinate. If you spend 45 minutes roaming around Zereth Mortis, that’s 45 minutes you could have finished a keystone dungeon in.

Season 4 also didn’t bump up the difficulty of any of the solo content in the game, thus there’s no need for extra solo gear progression. If the solo players are as casual as you pretend, the content from previous seasons should be enough to keep them occupied.

This is so far out there I don’t even know where to begin.

First : there’s a massive problem with thinking the only forms of dungeons, pvp and raids that matter are the upper most levels of challenge. Normal raiding, Casual rated at the 1000-1400 level, and Keystones from +2 to +10 all offer significant power progression for casual folk without requiring “skill, organization and timing” at all. Anyone can hop in a +2 key in about 5 minutes.

If you only have 10 minutes to play, you’re not even killing a rare. Let’s face it, that’s not casual, that’s “find a phone game”.

Look, you can’t say “they have 10 minutes to play”, then come here pretending they’re all out of content to do from Season 1, 2 and 3. I still have content from Season 1 I’m not done with, and I have played far more than 10 minutes.

2 Likes