Open world/solo should reward scaled mystic ilvl raid

A world full of AAA rated solo player games, and at least once a week I’ve got to hear about people who pay to play an MMO to do solo content unhappy.

It’s almost like the bulk of game development goes into group content, for a group-intended game.

1 Like

Oh, look, another one.

The only ones I have seen say MMOs are meant to be played in groups are those like you. All MMO means is many people can be plying it simultaneously, nothing I have seen said that had to be in groups or just people doing their own thing.

It also does not help when things like Visions and Torghast, which, BTW, can be done solo or as a group have gear drops taken from them so no one, group or solo, can use it as a path for gear.

2 Likes

i listed all the world quests of the day. name one of them that was dangerous let alone required you to have high ilvl?

no joke, there’s not a single elite area out there in modern WoW that’s notorious for being too difficult. i played the patch from day 1, and i don’t remember that area causing any problems, give me a break :rofl:

just to add - not all world elites are meant to be solo’dn (for the dangerous ones, i believe quests even recommend an amount of players for some of them) since they’re considered group activities.

if we are discussing solo and world questers, we wouldn’t be including world bosses or elites areas designed to be defeated by a small group of players would we? :grimacing:

Literate people?

no, stubborn people who don’t realize things like evem in MMOs, just like in the real world, there are your lone wolves, your outcasts, etc.

Here is the meaning of MMO

1. an online video game which can be played by a very large number of people simultaneously

So tell me, if that is the meaning of MMO, where is the requirement for grouping, and if it is missing, how come “literate” people like you keeping putting that meaning in?

1 Like

There is no requirement for grouping. You can go slay boars the live-long-day in whatever gear world content affords, and without issue. However, when 20 years of a video game has shown that getting the best gear requires people to do group content to obtain it, it pretty well spells out what you should be doing if you want the best gear.

Not to mention the term Mass Multiplayer Online Game would imply that you’re probably going to be playing a video game with other people, in spite of how many 5 second Google sessions you want to bore me to death with. Case in point, the game design of the current game you’re losing your mind over.

Anything else I can spoon feed you?

2 Likes

Best gear is mythic raid, few, if any, ask for that from solo content, at most they just want the content they do run, say visions or Torghast, which again, can be done solo OR in groups to provide gear to progress farther in it.

It can cap out at heroic raid or even normal, it just has to be a progression system that can be self contained/

1 Like

Did the OP not literally say he wants gear to scale to mythic ilvl in this very post, not to mention the dozens, and dozens I’ve read?

ZM gear was upgradable to normal raid ilvl last season, and yet these posts persisted.

The OP is a known troll, and one that has a reputation of also being a bit of a comedian.

Yeah, but that was coming off of Korthia, which was upgradable to heroic Sanctum, even it it did take a long grind.

1 Like

world quests should give me heavenly onyx cloud serpent

Drops from Sha of anger, any high level should be able to solo that.

I ain’t never heard of no mystic raid before.

2 Likes

Just my reply to the other post about solo Play.
Any thoughts?

No lol. I’m just saying you don’t need to form a premade group for BGs. You can play by yourself and be fine. If the mere thought of other players co existing in a BG bothers people then they shouldn’t play MMOs idk :confused:

1 Like

No way can I take this post seriously

Uhhh…I wouldn’t care if you could get 304 from WQs. It would give me another reason to do stuff in the world. Adding more ways to get high gear is a plus.

The best gear will most definitely still come from raids anyway so why would you care?

Gear scaling is kind of a cringe idea to me but fair enough. Do it.

1 Like

I dont even know what those are and I’ve played this entire expansion. 16’s and +5?!

If we changed gearing so that a currency was the way we got our best gear, and you could get that currency from all content (though there would have to be a weekly lock on it or something) then I would be fine with having open world gear get to at least mythic 0 quality/normal raid quality.

Everyone who plays this game should have a chance to keep improving themselves in their desired content. However, you have to be careful about making too many chores that would feel like they ‘need’ to be done each week. It’s already tough for some of us who don’t have time to raid AND mplus each week to know that we are missing opportunities to get the best chances at gear. Adding more layers to that would make me want to quit.

Guess what? If you do the content, you’ll get the gear. But, it’s clear you’re a :troll:

Mythic+ is the most casual form of end game where has ever had.

Let’s stop trying to equate Casual to Bad.