One of my favorite parts of classic was taken away

So players make less gold and the bots make the same/more cuz of the inflation this will bring surley that will make players want to buy gold cuz when i did my epic mount grind i was playing 6+ hours a day easily lol maybe not all in 1 go cuz i do 5 runs in 30 mins lol

feelsbadman these classic+ players ruin the game for us

Sorry about your botting.

The only people not effected by this ARE the botters.

1 Like

Sounds wrong but okay.

Botters take a short term hit before they can just circumvent the change, legitimate players who set aside maybe a day or two to grind take the biggest hit.

If you’re actually hard grinding 30 instances per day, even at max efficiency and doing a solid 6 hours of grinding… that’s a ton. That effects very very very very few people.

This also provides Blizzard with an additional variable to track bot behavior with without actually affecting 99.999% of the population. The sweaties will have to find some outdoor content to do sometimes.

1 Like

It’s been said in other threads but like, 20 minutes of SGC farming into going to do something else (irl or otherwise) is a really easy way to bang out something like 60 instances a day already.

Let’s not forget how easy it will be to lock yourself jed-fishing or the like.

And unlucky MCP runs can completely screw you.

Even if it is ‘a ton’ it’s still limiting the ways people can approach the game to go after bots, who again, will likely only take a short term hit.

Yeah your story sounds sweet and stuff but anyone currently running ZG bot farms has a massive motivation to make up a story like that in order to continue milking endless safe gold

Sorry you’ll only be able to boost thirty seperate full groups of people a day OP, I really am

1 Like

people shouldn’t be brute forcing rares like that, it’s a good change for just that reason without all the other additional benefits really

There was already a 5/hr limit to stop people from brute-forcing rares.

That’s 12 hours of straight play. That’s a 0.000001% of players problem.

Reset spamming to find Jed comes with a specific trade-off. I’m fine with this biting people for hunting for rares with impunity.

I don’t need that many. And I have to sit and wait a long while outside of Gnomer once I do my 5 if I want to do a 6th… so I just don’t bother usually.

2 Likes

only five risk-less runs an hour, the horror!

thats me. I set aside 2 or 3 days every 2-3 weeks to hard farm/boost for gold. It allowed me the ability to maintain the gold i needed to supply my main account with the consumes/everything i needed while also opening up time for me to invest in members of my guild and my friends and with this change that is destroyed.

Once again, spend ~2-5 minutes per instance and go do something else. It is not 12 hours of straight play, it’s 2-6 hours spread across your entire day.

Nobody needs anything in the game, that isn’t the point. If a player wants to set aside a day to bang out MCPs for the MONTH what is so wrong with that?

People doing it the ‘legitimate’ way are going to get bit by this too if they want to invest enough time into the hunt.

They’ve taken every dungeon farmed thing in the game and increased its potential scarcity by 4x.

Perhaps I could interest you in a second account? You’d be able to spend an additional 6hrs worth of locks a day with that. Yeah, I feel the worst for people like you, especially the ones that are busy and don’t have many days off to do things.

But you still need 12 hours of going back and forth to hit 60 instances, probably far more if you’re actually doing other things throughout the day and not immediately jumping back on the moment your hour lock is up. That’s… hardly typical of any player.

Nothing inherently, but Blizzard gets to set the limits to their own game so I don’t really care one way or another. This is all very reminiscent of when the race to kill Ulduar produced very unhealthy raiding habits so Blizzard implemented limited attempts and eventually gated wings. A lot of outcry from a select few that they refused to let Blizzard determine how they ought to play… when that’s literally what Blizzard does every day as they tweak and expand their game.

/shrug

That’s dramatically overstating it.

1 Like

Only if you ignore ‘potential.’

Yeah sure, and it’s completely reasonable for people to be upset when blizzard says “no no, you can’t do that anymore” to someone who’s had something be routine for them for months or more.

Changes like this are the type of thing that kill my motivation to play the game. Especially when you’re just collateral damage for some other change you think is irrelevant or not going to fix the problem.

It’s certainly not my ‘typical’ but when I’ve focused in on certain things, I absolutely have done it and I’m sure a lot of others have too.

Even as a possible hypothetical, it is still overstating it.

Sure, but such is the nature of playing by someone else’s rules.

Probably more like 0.02%. You could probably count the number of non-bots/non-gold sellers that spend 6+ hours a day running through 30+ low level instances on one hand on most servers. Pretty sure OP is trolling.

Worse case scenario, those very rarest of the rare fanatics might have to do something else for a while each day and his clients might have to go do some quests.

1 Like

yeah bro dedicate more time and money.

while we are at it lets raid 3 times a week then get told to get a hobby when we complain about garbage changes.