One of my favorite parts of classic was taken away

Completely agree.

Running guildies thru 6 minute instance runs is all but dead now.

6 hours helping a friend , yeah sure

2 Likes

Man, some of you guys are really cynical. Who hurt you in life?

Anyway, I never said I do this every day. I just like to and I don’t want to be limited in how much or often I do it. Tonight my husband made a new toon and I was like, nope can’t boost you tomorrow sorry, dont wanna risk that instance cap. Is he gonna go join some groups and do dungeons with them? No. Is my boosting him in Stocks affecting the economy in any way? Nope. You guys that support this change have this idea that this will fix all your problems and it just won’t.

Limiting people’s playtime at all is unnecessary and this doesn’t fix the bot problem AT ALL. They will just pick up and move to the next realm once they hit the cap.

As one of the poorer people in WoW, this quote gives me a nice chuckle.

Have fun trying to stomp people down for the sake of… I’m not even sure what you want? You’re mad because you want more gold? Or others to have less gold? I don’t know any more. Your arguments for it have all been so dumb and a million reasons have been presented as to why this change is bad. Anyway, its not hurting bots just us players. Bots can realm hop.

This isn’t limiting anyone’s playtime. It’s nudging you away from repetitive instance farming.

Also reminder China literally does limit playtime for minors and monitors adult video game addiction. Maybe this is why Actiblizz went ahead with this given their shift towards CCP policies.

Yeah for me, I don’t really feel like logging in anymore, maybe ever.

1 Like

Watch what happens…I already unsubbed my accounts, but Im gonna promise a big drop in classic subs after a couple months

1 Like

@crucif
So you’re all for nudging me away from playing how I want and towards how you want me to play?

Man you people are exhausting. This is still dumb and I’m not going to change my mind on that. And if they are moving more towards CCP policies, that’s even more reason to be upset about this and fight against it.

This is always from people who never farmed instances or who hate on the people that know how to. You were doing the game the way you liked. No fault in that.

1 Like

Whats funny is Im not even that good at it. I can do deadmines and stocks in pretty quick times, but thats about it. Doesnt net me ANY gold gains and just levels friends and alts passed craptastic quest levels I dont wanna do a million times. Yet I’m the bad guy here that needs to shut down? What?!

I’m not, Actiblizz is and yes I’m against most of what Actiblizz has done with classic and continues to do. I still think this is an effective layered response to counter botting though so I support it, more so than the additional bag slots for enabling multifactor auth. Hopefully they’re marking the accounts hitting the daily limit for review by GMs to potentially identify more bots as well.

Huh, I guess I’m surprised you support this over extra bag space. Weird. I doubt they are going to actually ban any bots from this, in all honesty. Why would they?

This makes as much sense as a cement kite if trying to deter botters. Now youll just have to fight botters for your stuff in the open world where it matters more often. Blizz had more sense before Activision was involved. At least then they had foresight.

1 Like

I figured they would realm hop but you’re absolutely right, this could also just encourage more open world botting and more fighting for resources.

so having rested XP and swapping between your toons, now basically makes it so you cant go raid on your main, if you play your other ones all day- THANK YOU BLIZZ- what happened to no changes???

I have over 400 kills on angerforge, you are wrong.

1 Like

Actually, it appears Blizzard is suggesting you should pour less time into it.

I want to like this comment, but just like the instance cap, 30 is enough.

Nobody is or will farm 40 man content solo. They should just take 40 mans off this lockout and be done with it.

Not a chance in hell they would.

Split it up over 2 days and a span of 24 hours. Say Sat/Sun for example. This is completely acheiveable. I will hit this easily this weekend. Time to add that old instance counter addon. Getting locked out on raid night on your main Sounds terrible.
And youre gonna see alot more people finding alternative ways to get gold if you know what im saying.
I truthfully feel like Blizzard cant ban the bots. They dont know how or they cant seperate them from real or fakes. This is the only logical explanation that the loyal fanbase is being punished along with these money making programs.

Also. Maybe refunding your world of warcraft account from your bank is logical. They changed what you payed for. Thats a viable excuse. Its very Clear Blizzard isnt able to take care of this issue properly.