One month in, legion still not properly scaled

I am in agreement about the scaling being messed up though. I made posts about it during beta.

In all my experience 10 levels has always made the difference in farming old content; gear has never been a factor assuming you weren’t going into old raid in your underwear.

I’m kind of in the mind that maybe some folks are right when they suspect this scaling is to push more folks into SL right now by making old content farming frustrating.

3 Likes

It isn’t perfect, nothing can be perfect in an imperfect world. Please stop trying to defend these bad design choices as intentional. But I think I am finally done trying to argue with someone who seems to think that this current Dev team can do no wrong, I will never change your mind and you will never change mine.

4 Likes

Sorry but if folks wanted to simply run old content, they would stop releasing new expansions and this game would fail financially! The reason why expansions get released is so folks have new content and new things to interact with instead of the same old thing, the new scaling allows players to engage old content in a fresh new way and I think they are great changes!

I would appreciate a more direct response concerning Legion scaling. I believe there has been enough time for his team to have investigate what we see as an Legion issue and give us their decision to go this route. I also believe they do care and implement community feedback, and although I cannot be 100% certain, make changes based on said feedback. I may disagree with their vision (my 50s clearing Mythic Legion Raids, whereas my 60s cannot is what I would disagree with), but then I can make the choice to continue to play (which I probably will continue to do) or not continue to play. I just wish they were a bit more clear on the ‘why’ portion of ‘50s can and 60s can’t.’ It makes me a wee bit frustrated.

I didn’t say that folks simply wanted to run old content. Which is why I know there’s more people that care about old content than current content. Because even if you do current content if you’re a transmog fiend you care about old content :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

-raises hand-

I also greatly dislike I can no longer solo BFA content I was able to solo prior. The toon literally didn’t go to SL yet, still, she can solo Freehold normal no more.

Alotta stuff need fixed / balanced, that are infinitely more important and a priority then your mog runs.

just remember, ion is a lying pos. you know it, i know it, everyone knows it. there is more than just legacy content. the biggest lie he had everyone fooled with is their backup plan “pull the ripcord” that he said in an interview with preach? i think, dont remember. one other thing he said is "we dont want you to lose control with your character, thats somewhere also. still waiting on that.

2 Likes

Yeah, a lot of my friends complain about this, and the terrible state that legacy farming was put in by Shadowlands made me regret not doing it in BFA.

2 Likes

We all know you’re a troll, dude. I’ve seen the thread where you said anyone that likes SL has stockholme syndrome lol

5 Likes

My druid isn’t even 60 yet, relax it’s early.

I responded to someone with similar concerns earlier:

Hope it finds you well!

They aren’t, but as long as everyone conducts themselves in a civil manner we have every right to sit here and voice our feedback forever :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Absolutely, I encourage it!

1 Like

Its just stupid that they dont just do something like a +1000% damage buff…or whatever it would take…when we’re in legacy content.
No one goes into Mists or Legion raids as a level 60 for any challenge whatsoever. If we want it to be challenging we’ll run an character thats at level for the content.

3 Likes

Its kinda funny cuz in order for me to solo the grumpus dailies (winter), i have to be above 43 and below 49, or the scalling wiill screw me over.

2 Likes

Hell, even BFA raids at this point. What about those of us that weren’t here for BFA and want to see the raids, and don’t have enough friends left playing to group up and do them? You seriously think people are pugging these? I don’t even care about mythic or anything like that. I’d be happy just soloing normal so I could see the story. Or hell, even a solo LFR queue if soloing normal BFA raids is too much to ask for at this point.

2 Likes

What a laugh. As if his opinion matters to anyone but himself, lol.
SLs is interesting content so far. And as much as I dog this company and the idiotic things they do in here on a daily basis…its saying a lot that theyve kept my attention better than BFA did.
By this point in BFA I was so close to “screw it, Im out” it wasnt funny.
So far in this expansion, Im enjoying it. And I dont care if some no name on the interwebs like that chap has some negative input with it. He and his opinion is inconsequential

3 Likes

I couldn’t farm Mythic Legion raids in BFA so I told myself I’d wait until Shadowlands.

Boy, how I got got.

10 Likes

Yes this is exactly what this new brilliant scaling system does, it allows for a more difficult challenge for older content and right now there are old school raid communities forming as well as groups running on a daily basis! These players have adapted to changes and it is working out well for them, I highly recommend this route as it will get you what you’re looking for!