One month in, legion still not properly scaled

The only lie being perpetuated is on the end of the player and not the developer, the developers can say what they want and change their mind as they are not held to any contract or moral obligation the same way as player isn’t. If a player chooses to come in with certain expectations then they would be hard pressed to find millions of other subscribers just like them also with their own expectations, and managing all of those is not the goal of Ion and the Dev team! The goal is to create a product that millions of folks will love, and as evidenced by the sales:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319757/world-of-warcraft-shadowlands-becomes-fastest-selling-pc-game-of-all-time

It seems like they have done an excellent job so far!

I have been sending feedback/reporting a bug for about ten days now about it, you can solo legion dungeons fine but raids just take too long or the bosses kill you. Hopefully they fix it soon.

2 Likes

what do you mean they don’t care? the players are the ones that were crying for the past two expansions to make old content relevant. seems like it kind of is now. maybe people should start being careful what they ask for.

Yeah, that’s called lying. They say one thing and wait till there product it already sold and done to claim that they changed there minds and it was intended to there design.

Its why Ion told us we would still be able to do old content just as easily, then waited to after SL release to say that’s not the case.

7 Likes

Note this section

“Players have spent more time in Azeroth year to date than in the same period of any of the last 10 years.”

That does not include the era of Wrath when the game was at it’s peak, so while the expansion may seem to be doing well, it hasn’t returned the game to the glory you try to claim when linking that article.

2 Likes

What they meant was things like timewalking. You know it, I know it, Blizz knows it. But please carry on with the Mr. Bean huh look …

This is once again a personal problem and not a developer one! If an indvidual fails to do the proper research for the product and they feel the product isn’t good then they can choose to stop supporting it, which in this case would be unsubscribing. By choosing to continue supporting a product that you clearly do not personally enjoy, then this is on you! These forums act as a good way for players to vent which is fine, and the feedback is carefully looked at as well, but simply by complaining and leaving suggestions does not mean a company as big and successful as Blizzard has to listen and implement changes!

IF the intention is to make the old content harder, then less people will do it. If that’s what Blizzard wants, okay… hard to make sense of that but hey I know I won’t bother like I usually have.

2 Likes

They did the same thing in WoD, said flying would come eventually, then Ion decided to announce via a 3rd party website that flying was never coming back, that is essentially what they did here, they assured us anything we would be able to pre-squish, we would be able to do post-squish, this isn’t the case, ie they outright lied to the players and the players are voicing their dissatisfaction and they have every right to as a paying customer.

15 Likes

So the dev team lying is my problem not theirs? What?

Ion literally told us with could just as easily solo this content in SL. Now we are being told otherwise…

yeah, and good on the dev team to have a person like you to shot down and try to silence criticism.

12 Likes

You absolutely have the right to! But folks need to understand that even if a large group of players believe in the same changes you, there are many many more groups of large players who simply do not care or want something of more a priority to be fixed!

1 Like

actually, the ‘make old content relevant’ threads that i saw were about open world content and portals(which are used to get to old raids/dungeons). if people talked about other content, i have no idea, im sure some did but that’s not any threads i looked at.

1 Like

Some where a tree is crying for having to make oxygen for some people.

2 Likes

Or Blizz could do the right thing and fix the issue, or outright admit they lied so next time they say something we know they may be lieing and allow the players to decide whether or not to believe anything they say.

3 Likes

they said for the past 2 expansions that they’d make them alt friendly. if you’re obsessed with proving blizzard misleads people or are clueless, there you go. not quite sure why people are obsessing about ‘oh my blizz said something and then did something else’ part. like that never happens.

It would not take that much work to fix it so Legion content is easily soloable. So I don’t buy the argument that the devs don’t have time to to it. Also, a lot of people enjoy that kind of activity, so it should be given some priority. The only thing I can conclude is that Ion H. has some reason for not wanting to really fix Legion content, although I don’t expect to get an honest answer about what that reason is. He has a history of being very cagey when answering questions, not being straightforward. I have two guess about Ion’s real reasons for not fixing Legion content scaling. One, maybe he is trying to establish a norm that you are weak whenever you are freshly geared, and that you always need to gear up, even for old legacy content. Two, maybe he doesn’t want to make it too easy to meet Allied Race requirements for Legion.

Legion content scaling is could be fixed very quickly and easily if Ion really wanted to, but he doesn’t. And expect more doubletalk from the lawyer.

9 Likes

ian likes to lie during interviews, he said theyre working on class balancing and look at the class balance state right now.

the legion scaling thing is really affecting more players than they think. With the end game grind being boring and unrewarding, the only thing left to do in World of warcraft is to farm old contents. they need to fix scaling asap

4 Likes

Sorry but this isn’t Transmog Lands, this is Shadow Lands! I understand folks take their fashion sense and mount collection VERY seriously, but legacy content is not a top priority in a new expansion when a majority of players are doing current content like Raids, M+ or Rated PvP. For example, Torghast is a key component of Shadow Lands and when players addressed those concerns of difficulty, it got changed to appeal to both the hardcore and casual fan! Even the balance changes in PvP is a good example of folks wanting current content to be the priority over old content!

The real question is: Why are there still users without this clown (Tupacshekar) on ignore yet?

11 Likes

But there is a simple fix, after the first stat squish they implemented a hidden aura that buffed your damage so you could solo old content, just turn it on again until they have time to actually get around to fixing the issue properly.

2 Likes