One month in, legion still not properly scaled

Nobody said we should 1-shot everything with no gear. But at ~160 ilvl, I should be able to to back to Legion raids and absolutely destroy them. MUCH faster than anyone at level 50 in high end BFA gear. Even if they are fully decked out in Nya’lotha BIS gear, I should kill things MUCH faster. Without the HOA. Without any Azerite gear.

Even soloing BFA content we should be MUCH more powerful than we are. Now, I’m not saying we should be strong enough to solo BFA normal raids yet. But we should be able to solo heroic dungeons by this point. And, it should be zero problem whatsoever to 3-man any of the BFA normal raids, if you grab a 60 healer, DPS, and tank, around 160 ilvl. Meanwhile…I heard someone got a party of 20 level 60’s together and tried to do BOD mythic, and they got absolutely DESTROYED.

The game is in a completely broken, unplayable state right now, unless you are doing the very latest content. And even that has issues.

8 Likes

160 is basically still BFA gear.
I am almost 60 ilvls higher than that now, after 5 or so weeks of gearing.

Try to gear up first, and be sure to use the neck!
It may not be easy, but you have a solution in front of you at least.

1 Like

I keep forgetting that I can use my HoA in old raids ><. It’s making me wish I hadn’t sold most of my Azerite.

Ya, azerite too. Very strong I’d imagine.

That doesn’t answer the question asked, what about someone who didn’t play BfA? They won’t have a Heart, which is now only gotten at 120 equivalent instead of 110 equivalent, and they won’t have Azerite armor. They’d only be fully geared in SL armor…which doesn’t help at all in Legion? BfA stuff has been nerfed pretty hard from where it was, too.

3 Likes

Yep…and honestly, you know the only reason I went back and did the BFA stuff? Because I wanted to, because I wanted to see the story because I wasn’t here for it. Not everyone is like that. A lot of people will just jump right into Shadowlands, and the questing is designed to allow you to do that. In fact, it encourages it. You have to go out of your way to do the BFA stuff now. You can’t even see the new Silithus with the sword sticking out until you’re level 50. You can’t even get the HOA until level 50 (at which point the game auto gives you a quest to go to Shadowlands).

Doesn’t take long at all to get the neck though.
But either way, it absolutely would not be needed.

After a certain point, it pretty much does. Haha.

Seriously, you shouldn’t need to re-equip last expansion’s gear to fight before-the-last expansion’s content. That is just wrong.

5 Likes

According to Ion, it is properly scaled.

what is properly scaled to you? being able to oneshot everything or being able to clear content without any effort?

because that’s not what I’d consider properly scaled if you ask me.

Having to make an honest effort to clear content… now that is what I’d consider “properly scaled”

Before the squish, being at level cap for the current expansion with entry-level dungeon gear made you about equal to a normal level 5-man group in the previous expansion.

It made you equal to a normal-level 10-man raid group 2 expansions back, and mythic 25-man or better any further than that.

That should be about right at the least.

Obviously current expansion raid gear would up that ante but your mileage may vary.

1 Like

Wrong or right, that’s how it is. Really nothing crazy to put a single item on haha

Well, it’s NOT how it is now, at least for BFA and Legion. That is the issue folks are annoyed with.

And obviously you’d have items on, haha. They shouldn’t need to be epic raid gear or last expansion’s borrowed power stuff though.

Though I wager I could probably walk into some of the really old instances naked and bare-hand the trash… maybe I’ll try that just to see how far I get.

1 Like

Equip your heart of Azeroth and Azerite gear. The synergy with this expansion is OP. Not as good as with corruptions but much better than current gear.

Not being able to easily solo Legion mythic raids is my biggest grievance right now. I don’t understand why this hasn’t been fixed yet.

4 Likes

the mind salivates at the juicy thought of a riot MMO. there is so much amazing lore in the LOL universe.

if that game allows you to pick from any of there races that arnt one offs ( stuff like Ivern as an example. Galio/Malphite obviously etcs ) and you can pick the city state/country/area you want to belong to and just go nuts exploring, with obviously amazing pvp, that game is riots to screw up, because the game makes itself otherwise.

some of the " villains " and nightmare creatures could be raid bosses. Reksai in shurima. Nocturne/Fiddlesticks. going on massive hunts and quest chains to try to track down and stop the big threats.

that game could be so damn amazing. hopefully riot do it right and dont repeat mistakes blizz have made.

1 Like

I PERSONALLY don’t care about doing mythic…if I solo old raids I stop at normal. But still. This will be an unsub until it’s fixed thing, for me. They have 25 days to acknowledge the issue and prove they are working on it. I’m not demanding everything be 100% fixed by then, but if they haven’t acknowledged the issue and at least worked on it by then, I’m taking a break, at least. And if I do that, I won’t be back until a significant number of bugs have been fixed, in addition to the scaling being fixed.

No, I’m not getting the HOA out of my bank and farming Azerite gear to solo Legion raids. That is absolutely ridiculous, and I’m not doing it.

4 Likes

I don’t think Ion had enough warning to get ahead of it “cough”.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/soloing-legion-stuff-in-prepatch/622452

2 Likes

Must be tasty kissing up blizzard’s butt. Do you do it daily?

2 Likes

24 days until my time runs out. I will not be getting more time if this hasn’t been at least acknowledged as a current issue, and at least partial fixes made. I’m not even requiring it to be 100% fixed. But if it’s left exactly as is, in 24 days I’m gone.

1 Like