One month in, legion still not properly scaled

Prior to the expansion I could solo all of Mythic Nighthold with ease (last boss was tough due to the dps race on the second phase). Now my 198 rogue, Ratcage, cannot. And that just doesn’t feel right for Legion content. But if that is the direction they are going in, so be it. I can adapt, and I still have plenty of legacy mythic/heroic raids to have jolly ol’ time! :grin:

3 Likes

Heck at 120 pre stat squish alot of legion was doable solo.

2 Likes

What is stopping you specifically? Do you have any logs?

1 Like

I too was curious about the complaints for Legion raids so tonight I wanted to test for myself. I currently am a BM hunter at 200 ilvl. At level 50 I was able to solo Mythic Nighthold except last boss because of the stuns. I was close but not quite so would get a partner for last boss.

So I was able to solo all of Mythic Nighthold tonight, even Gul. Some fights took a bit longer but I took no damage at all except last boss. He doesn’t stunlock now but I killed him with only 1% health left and that was doing over 40k dps. As for the rest of it, was about the same at level 50 except taking way less damage.

So I am not seeing the issue either.

I wouldn’t have logs from pre-shadowland-content. The fact is, and I’m not terribly upset about it, I easily punched mythic nighthold pre-shadowlands-expanstion and now I die on the 4th or 5th boss in Mythic Nighthold. It feels awkward, but if it is working as intended, I’m cool with that.

Edit due to saying prepatch opposed to pre-sl-expansion.

2 Likes

That’s fine. By your summation, what is it that is stopping you from succeeding, that wasn’t present before?

1 Like

Ironically enough its Tupac himself that would rant how disgusting brown-nosing blizz was. Then the silly troll decided its dramatically easier to get reactions chin deep in blizz’s rosebud.

1 Like

solid clarifying question. It would be raw power in both dps sand survivabiliy. I am used to ‘2 expansions ago’ being able to destroy legion and the other expansions. I’m sure if I took the mindset of torghast (which I love!) I’d be clearing Legion Mythic Nighthold. And I truly am ok with that. I just wish Blizzard followed thei previous decision from past expansions. The old pattern was, ‘sweeeet! I can now destroy legacy content in three or two hits,’ time to turn on God mode.’ And now it looks like it won’t be like that. I can arise to the challenge however!!! :smiley:

1 Like

I am all for soloing old content. And it appears that there have been some legitimate complaints posted in these threads, where things are not working properly (the Mechagon mob scaling to 60, mob health scaling to 60 in N’Zoth invasion zones, etc). But we need to know what’s been fixed, and what hasn’t been fixed? What’s everything like NOW? The evidence in-game I’ve personally seen (given that I do not have a 60 yet) states that most everything has been fixed.

I grouped up with a couple 60’s last night on a level 50 to do some BFA heroics. They saw the same health on every mob and boss that I did (we tested). One of them said he was able to down a few bosses in normal Uldir (just not G’huun) solo. They said Legion stuff is easy now. (This person’s ilvl was 179 btw, WW monk).

If anything isn’t working, they are going to need specific examples. We all know Blizzard isn’t going to accept “scaling is broken”. It will be weeks at minimum before I can test anything myself on a 60. Is it just Mechagon? N’Zoth invasions? Nazjatar? Stuff out in the world? Specific dungeon or raid bosses?

The TL;DR of it is, people in the forums are saying one thing, people in-game are saying another. The two level 60’s I grouped with last night said stuff WAS broken but was fixed recently. I think old issues that have been fixed are getting mixed in with things that are still broken, and we need clarification.

change to frost and do mythic HFC and then mythic tomb.

that will tell you what the very obvious problem is.

the damage buff isn’t high enough like it should be, we should be doing enough damage to knock these bosses out in a few seconds. that’s the way it was before the squish.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s ridiculous

2 Likes

we don’t need evidence from 9005 sources.

in either wod or legion, they said they’d only apply a damage buff to content from the expansion before the last. that is what they did up to bfa. in bfa, you go through wod content doing millions of dps.

in wod, you go through doing millions of dps in cata raids, destroying things. it’s that simple. that’s what needs to be happening right now.

8 Likes
  1. Did you solo WoD in BFA?
  2. Was your experience in NH during SL the same as your experience during WoD in BFA?
  3. Do M Antorus
  4. Do it on something not a tank (non pet)
4 Likes

It was!? No way. I absolutely do more damage now than I did in 8.3 with no corruption.

It used to take me like over an hour to solo this place haha.

I am doing ALOT more damage. The mobs just have a lot of health too.

That’s what is currently happening.

I have not tested this yet. People are definitely still complaining about this in general chat. I have seen level 50 invasion mobs hitting harder than level 60 mobs thou.

1 Like

not even remotely.

It’s important to realize that when it comes to soloing, it’s not just about being as strong as a 20 man group at level. Basically, you need to have enough damage and damage reduction to be able to power through mechanics that aren’t solo-friendly. You need enough dps to push Aggramar to the next phase before he can cast his knockback. I’ll also add that something hitting the soloable category means you an do it on any class, not just ones that have tricks to get around mechanics. (Not everyone can have their pet tank Aggramar to avoid the knockback!)

If you want to see more of that in action, head into Antorus without a pet or tank spec.

7 Likes

Tried tomb of sargares on mythic difficulty with my 195 fire mage. That ain’t happening.

2 Likes

Usually that sort of thing is handled separately. If there are mechanics that are very un-solo-friendly, they get adjusted.