One month in, legion still not properly scaled

It would be interesting to me to see if lower layers of Torghast are easier to clear than legacy content. Same toon, same gear, solo.

1 Like

I mean I can clear layer 8 as a 185 warrior but can’t even get past the first boss of mythic ToS, so there’s that.

4 Likes

Oh wow. That seems nuts to me.

Oh you’re still here trolling. Excuse me my mistake, stating opinion as fact.

Developer plans on scaling legion properly is to wait it out and once players get better gear it will correct itself.

Wish that wasn’t the case but it seems it is.

lies and slander from him which is par for the course

they need to fix this

4 Likes

You are amazing thank you so much!

push, fix this blizzard or covid

still no word from them after we’ve cited specific examples, lol

2 Likes

I don’t think they are going to publicly admit any fault. They will either quietly fix it behind the scenes and go “we tested and it’s fine, we don’t know what you’re talking about” or nothing.

2 Likes

Blizzard is a small indy company. Just joking but the reality is that Blizzard has already made their money with Legion so they have no desire to fix that or any old expansion content.

1 Like

They will change their tune in a hurry when there are a ton of unsubs. Just like with WOD flying.

1 Like

Perhaps the difficulty seen now, is their preferred difficulty of 2 expansion content.

The buff came out in like 2012, do you honestly think it took them 8 1/2 years to remember that’s not how they wanted it?

Stop trolling, please.

It’s about time they change the mistake and stick to all content tuned to lvl 60 forever.

I wanna see Molten Core and Blackwing Lair like they used to be without having to level in Classic.

The company should be more creative instead of just repeating the gear grind. Something fresh and new and fun. It’s ridiculous this is all about getting better gear. How many times do we have to change our clothes? Can’t we just concentrate on new storylines and integrated quests?

1 Like

Can you just go away? everyones tired of your trolling.

I just ran Siege of Boralus heroic with two level 60’s. They both had ilvl’s in the 170’s. They saw the mobs and bosses with the same amount of health I did, and they absolutely blew up the dungeon while taking almost no damage. I was resto but I felt like a third wheel, I mostly just had to heal myself. The important part: the mobs were NOT scaling past level 50 for them…for every boss we compared how much health we saw on them, and they saw the same thing my level 50 did.

(I wasn’t on this toon, I was on my alliance level 50 shaman that I am keeping locked at 50 for now.) So…is this broken or not? The 179 windwalker monk said he was able to solo normal Uldir up to G’huun (but wasn’t quite able to beat G’huun yet).

Also…both of the level 60’s said they were able to get Legion stuff down in a couple rotations, and they were able to solo Legion mythics. Based on what we did in that dungeon, I believe them. They also said this all was broken recently but had been fixed. So what’s going on? Is this broken or not?

I just read an article from August (massivelyop) and my favorite line was the Ion comment:

Ion Hazzikostas has gone on the record saying that this is unintentional and tuning is still being finished; when the pre-patch is actually live, all of the stuff you can solo now should still be possible to solo.

Hey guys, I had attempted to be active in this discussion about a week ago but I wasn’t very well versed in the issue.
These last two days I decided to just take a mental breather from progression content and enjoy the game in different ways again for the Holiday.
One of the things I knew I wanted to make time for was at least trying some Legion Mythic raid soloing to see for myself what was up.

Unfortunately, the results were not as I expected.

I specifically went in with the intention of logging and comparing the results, and you can view them here:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nBWdR291qJHmNM3b/

I only did a few fights just for testing purposes, but I knew Sasszine was a very annoying fight and had the one transmog item I was still missing from this place on Mythic so I figured that would be a good place to stop.

I also recorded the process just in case anyone wanted to see further evidence.
You can view that here:
https://youtu.be/-5FW54wMEuc

So my conclusion was that the content posed zero challenge, and even though it had been years since I did any of these fights, I felt like I needed to know zero mechanics to complete them.
I did something like 10x my normal DPS out of these raids at times, and considering I was alone in a 20 man instance, I found the fight times still to be lower than they would have been with a full group back in Legion.

I am not that well versed in what soloing usually looks like, but I am now aware that I am absolutely doing much more damage in here than I expected, and something seemed to be creating a situation where a vast majority of the damage they were attempting to deal to me was just not even hitting me.
A lot of misses etc.

Is this what you are all experiencing?
Needless to say I was surprised, based on the amount of people saying it was not doable.

To me, it appears the content is properly scaled, and I am CONSIDERABLY more powerful than I am out in the world, and when compared to BFA.

Anything I am missing here?

there’s no way you can solo Eonar, maybe on a hunter or demon hunter but for most players it’s not possible, and i haven’t tried it yet but people say many bosses are not soloable, usually the end ones, like the shivarra maidens (really don’t remember the names)

2 Likes

I don’t have a level 60 yet and it will likely be at least a few more weeks before I do, so I cannot do any testing. But I’m getting mixed signals as to whether this stuff has been fixed or not.

I just got done absolutely tearing through a BFA heroic dungeon with 2 level 60’s. They saw the mobs at level 50 with the same health I did (we compared), and they just tore stuff up while taking virtually no damage. One of them (a 179 WW monk) said he was able to solo normal Uldir up to G’huun (but wasn’t able to kill G’huun yet).

So…are the scaling issues fixed or not? Is it just isolated mobs in certain areas that have issues? Is it widespread? From what I’ve experienced level 60’s can absolutely tear through BFA content.