One. Item. Per. Week

Then it probably was a waste, but that is completely independent of gear.

Don’t do things that aren’t fun.

As a father of 3 with 2 full time jobs, I’ve been able to max out the Vault slots last week. It only took me about a couple days with my guild and I know many others who’ve also done the same. The time commitment is minimal this time around compared to BfA.

The only called it the “Great Vault” because “Lame Vault” was already trademarked by the Fourth Trustworthy Bank of Upper Kalamazoo.

2 Likes

wait, people actually thought you would get 9 pieces of gear a week from the vault?

did you even read what you’re doing?

For me getting gear is fun lol… Like the challenge is fun but when you drop 70k on raid mats and you put in 30 hours with nothing to show for it, it feels bad. I’m sure you got pieces of loot out of your content so your experience is independent of mine, but if you didn’t get anything out of all the content I stated would you not be at least a little disappointed? I like things that’s are hard but rewarding … not thing that are hard with no incentive and that’s what this feels like.

Oh boy, here we go again.

Just providing another expose post.

It’s just hilarious at this point.

1 Like

I think the only issue here is it still is kind of RNG if you get a piece you need or not from the vault. looks at FFXIV’s Tomestone system and the old badge system. It was nice being able to pick what I wanted/needed.

People in this thread are mad cause they can’t read.

1 Like

Most of what I have gotten has been traded to me, lol so I understand on the drops it’s just gear doesn’t matter to me. As long as I am having fun it’s all good… gear just let me do more stuff for fun. :slight_smile:

Better luck next week though. For me as well, the items I had to choose from are… not good.

edit: Also I have a feeling you may be pugging. If so, that is also a completely different experience.

I feel like by the time im about to almost be geared the next tier is gonna come out from the next raid. Then when I finally get some of the new gear another one is gonna release lol but I’m glad they brought back PvP gear thats relevant again

It is essentially same as BFA, you do a high key once per week. Why in hell would you choose a lowe item level at this point.

1 Like

I’m a frost mage… It’s an uphill battle having low dps and getting no gear. Nobody wants frost mages right now, and if gear scales us then I’m going to suck for a really long time lol

That’s a good summary of this entire thread honestly, all of this was said before it was live yet people still act surprised. :man_facepalming:

Don’t bite my head off because it is a genuine heartfelt suggestion, have you tried to find a guild to mesh with?

This literally never happened to anyone ever.

1 Like

Yea, and?

It’s a weekly cache with more choices than before. What were you expecting?

The purpose of the vault is to ensure that you can’t get gear quickly and unsub, and to also make sure you get gear so slowly you’ll never be fully geared before the next patch.

They saw Anthem’s method of rarely doling out loot and decided to give it a try.

Looking forward to Diablo 4, they’ll be giving the RMAH another shot and likely with even worse rates than initial D3, but we’ll be so used to never being rewarded I guarantee the community will be just as happy to get nothing for their time in D4 as they are in Shadowlands.

It actually says that on the Vault screen, and on the wowhead page that describes how it works, to wit:

“Add items to the Great Vault by completing activities each week. Once per week you may select a single reward.”

What the three sets of rewards give is options - for those who prefer to raid, to do Mythic+ or PvP. In the past people have complained that their particular choice of activity doesn’t give them an option; the only way to get those rewards was to do a Mythic+.

Yes, getting gear at this time in the game is not, shall we say, lavish. It will take time. The pinata rain of goodies of BfA was rather fun, but it appears to be over. At least for now.

BfA had loot raining from the sky, surely you must be trolling?

couldn’t have said it better myself, rofl…
I know ALOT of people assumed you would get 1 item per activity string you did…
did bunch of pvp… grats here’s your pvp reward…
did a bunch raiding… grats here’s your pve reward…
did a bunch of m+… grats here’s your probably useless peice…

but only getting -1- out of ALL this stuff… is borderline robbery, rofl

1 Like