Once sharding is allowed in Classic..

Exactly my point. In vanilla and bc and wrath i was running into names and guilds I knew

2 Likes

Oh so every person you ran into while leveling in vanilla became a good friend you stayed in touch with throughout your WoW experience?

Or more likely you ran into plenty of people while leveling you never saw again, you just happen to remember a few and have forgotten many many more.

1 Like

Am I the only one to whom it seems obvious that if something is antithetical to vanilla or the “vanilla experience”, a certain former member of and contributor to the “wall of NO” will support it?

2 Likes

No. But you recognized names and guilds and could actually build friendships. And you were going to see them again in the future probably.
Want to know how I got into my guild I stayed in until some in Bc?
I was questing in Redbridge when I a mage came up and gsve me 60 food. Later on i saw the same mage aoe grinding and some horde hunter kited mobs through his blizzard.
Helped the mage kill the mobs, then we went after the hunter. Then he invited me to his guild.
I didn’t know at the time that we would become friends.
I didn’t know at the time that he ran one of the top guilds on the server.
I didn’t know at the time that I would end up raiding naxx with them.

All I knew was that I had to help save him because he was nice to me so I was nice back.

7 Likes

Are you saying that you didn’t think that other mage was just an obstacle standing in your way?

People actually interacting in vanilla. Imagine that. It’s almost like that’s the whole point of going back to classic and the roots of WoW, warts and all.

2 Likes

Whelp we’ll see how it plays out in practice I guess.

In practice? Lol what are you talking about. That’s from experience.

5 Likes

Oh you’ve played classic with sharding however they intend to actually use it already?

1 Like

Because years of experience with sharding and what it does to server communities mean nothing, right?

2 Likes

Because I totally don’t have experience before and after sharding.

3 Likes

Once sharding is allowed, I’m not playing.

3 Likes

Yes, I knew and remembered most of them in Vanilla. When you spend days, if not weeks, questing in a zone and so do other players you run into them again and again. Then you see them in the city and /wave at them. You group up with them. You add them to your friends list. That’s what a community is.

CRZ destroys communities. Sharding keeps them from forming in the first place.

5 Likes

Not in classic you don’t. And since quite a lot of things have changed besides just sharding when it comes to leveling since vanilla and with no knowledge of just how sharding will end up being implemented, yeah all we have is guesses as to how it will play out in classic.

1 Like

Sharding does not prevent you from having interactions with random strangers that you can then add to your friends list for later interaction.

1 Like

Really? You can’t interact with people you never see because they’re on a different shard.

Quite frankly, I’m not surprised an outspoken anti-Vanilla Wall of No poster doesn’t see the benefit of a community.

6 Likes

Are you really trying to get people to buy into “sharding only prevents you from seeing those other players, it doesn’t prevent you from interacting with them”?

4 Likes

What a reach this is.

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with that. ESPECIALLY in the starting zones during launch of a new server. So many faceless zerglings.

I won’t pay attention to any of them until we all spread out a bit and I meet them out doing other quests, or when I have the dungeon quests. Then, and then will they be worth paying attention to.

Only if it’s used for a brief period of time and in starting zones only. After that…

1 Like

BC launch was an absolute, unmitigated disaster. Much like WoD was. Classic should NOT be like that, hence why sharding at launch is preferable.

1 Like