Older players / disabled will struggle with dragonriding

In my opinion it’s because they spend a majority of their day playing wow. It’s their life, so they expect it to accommodate them with how they’ve adjusted to real life. A few years from now there will be a wheelchair mount and an option to link your disability so you can receive a weekly in-game social security check.

Mandatory for quests, and for some dungeons. So you’re wrong.

2 Likes

They could just do regular flying? :dracthyr_shrug:

3 Likes

which quests? and people who have disabilities that would cause problems with dragonflying aren’t likely to be doing a lot or any dungeons anyway.

Quite a few.

Quite a lot of assumptions there, very clear you don’t suffer from any so have a good one

4 Likes

lol - I am both older and have disabilities

I asked you to name them - like I said they have ferries to areas and I haven’t noticed any areas you can’t get to.

1 Like

The game hasn’t felt like WoW since Cata. We might as well toss all the mini-games we can into it and turn it into a Fantasy Saints Row.

2 Likes

“mini-games”…yeah…that’s a great way to describe it.

3 Likes

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic. What’s wrong with the phrase “mini-games?”

1 Like

I was agreeing with you…
That was a good characterization
of the situation.

3 Likes

I don’t come to the forums often…
But, thus far, I can understand why you
might expect a snarky or belligerent
response…Seems half of the people
here have come to hone their contrarian
daggers.

4 Likes

I got to be honest, I really do appreciate threads like this. As an abled-bodied person it’s really hard for me to realize how much someone with a disability might struggle with things I find routine, especially in WoW.

Not sure how to be a good ally on this one, other than to advocate for better accessibility changes, though I don’t know if/how I can be specific.

4 Likes

there are so many different limitations, I don’t think they can actually accommodate them all - they should just make sure content is optional and there is always different ways to achieve things. I personally would feel a lot better if they stopped making so much content for people who like to be ‘challenged’ because that type of content is rarely compatible with accessibility.

I encourage everyone who thinks they might have problems to try out Dragonflight on the PTR when it becomes available so you know what you are getting.

i meant for the ppl that disliked it but for those with disabilities different story im saying we should have an option of both traditional and df flying i couldnt finish typing this out because i was forced to put my phone away. That and I was rushing to finish the text.

1 Like

there are threads on this in beta but so far every single person who initially had a problem because of a disability (that I have seen anyway) were able to find a solution that worked for them.

there are people who can do them all in less than 30 minutes so I suspect people will sell carries for this. That is IF you can collect the glpyh on someone else’s mount. I am not sure that works.

1 Like

If I can’t just click my mount move up on my spacebar then forward to fly why bother with it. No thanks not buying the expansion

1 Like

What is the problem? Do you fall off the mount if you don’t do something correctly? Why are people struggling with it?

It looks like… interactive flying.

lol.
Im conflicted. I want their gold, but can I really take advantage of disadvantaged players. :thinking:

someone one beta said they were doing it…and I swear I think I heard that repeated in here too. But I havent tried it.

Mr Magoo said back in his day you just ran into things and you were all the more happy for it!!

1 Like

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:
motor skill issues.
motion sickness issues.
to start…

3 Likes