Older fan base is migrating to classic cause difficulty

And what is so difficult about retail anyways?

I mean I got AOTC, and it wasn’t that hard, just took a few weeks of practice. That’s two raid nights a week, not exactly the most hardcore grind either.

Which means 3 out of 4 raiding difficulties aren’t that hard.

2 Likes

Im 51 and play retail. I played classic when classic was retail. I tried classic and realized I already did that and it wasn’t fun again. It was harder the first time around when it was new and untried. Now? Old hat. Just nostalgia

8 Likes

Honestly I don’t think anything in retail is that difficult unless others are making snap and rash decisions about it hearing from others who already told them it’s too hard. I mean I don’t raid or do mythics but that’s because I don’t have fun doing those.

But I at least try them from time to time.If you don’t try and listen to what others are saying without trying no room to cry about things being to difficult, ya know.

I feel often the ones saying retail is difficult aren’t even trying anything.

1 Like

Same. I tried classic because my daughter talked me into it, but we both got bored pretty quickly.

2 Likes

It was literally in the quote that I put in my post. The part where he referenced other MMOs and said “go that way”. Did you somehow not put it together that he was telling the OP to move on from WoW and play those other MMOs, or are you just looking for someone to stimulate your boredom at the expense of being completely oblivious to what you are writing?

1 Like

Okay make it auto cast with flame shock.

It is funny windfury exist for the EXACT REASON THEY DIDN’T BRING BACK SEARING TOTEM

1 Like

Having to press 1 button every 45 seconds is… too clunky?

Not liking 1 button that buffs another button, for 2 buttons total, is “obscene button bloat”?

1 Like

Having lighting bolt on my bar cause it is only being pressed when i use Primordial Wave is clunky… just make it a 2 button press.

So this isn’t about pressing buttons. It’s about taking up action bar space?

This is the beautiful thing we have now. If you think retail is “le 100apm too difficult to pull off” (is not) you can go play classic and spam frostbolt in tank and spank bosses to your hearts content

I agree with you. I may be the oldest player on my server and I call shenanigans on this whippersnappers claims.

3 Likes

It’s both dude, if you don’t have primordial wave, then wow you no longer press lighting bolt.

If you don’t have ice strike, wow you just earth bind totem for slow and don’t use frost shock

So what part of that equates to difficulty?

You can just say you prefer classic class design (which I would find incredibly difficult as someone who played frost mage for 2 expansions in classic and TBC) over retail without pretending this is about 1) an aging population 2) button bloat 3) difficulty

And its an absolutely miracle the tree design lets you do exactly what you just said.

This just in, taking a talent that buffs a spell or adds a spell increases the buttons you press! An in depth analysis at 11.

The 60 APM, COMPLEX mechanics.

1 Like

I can randomly capitalize WORDS too!

Your example was pressing primordial wave followed by lightning bolt every 45 seconds. How does that mean 60apm or COMPLEX mechanics?

Ok last time just for lolz.

GW2 has a population sitting around 300k. This game has a population between 3-4 million.

People do not keep playing games if they hate the combat unless they are masochists since combat is the thing they are going to do the most. Thus, far more people like WoWs combat and so your argument is a joke of a troll. Much like what you later say to the other guy about how is 8k achievement points is a joke after he pointed out how you are a clearly posting with a character to troll with.

Goodbye.

6 Likes

There’s not “just relaxing for the evening” in Wrath Classic. There are just as many sweatlords in classic as retail and they’re a lot nastier in classic.

4 Likes

I’m an older person.

I have weakauras for each of my rotations.

I have transcended.

We must cull the weak.

Just kidding, love you all.

2 Likes

I think people like Classic b/c of the whole powerful nostalgia bias. That’s fine for them. I tried it but the damned UI is just as garb as it was back then and I’m not going to babysit bloated UI addons just to play.