Older fan base is migrating to classic cause difficulty

??
i play all roles

Defending ice strike objectively the worst button in the game is just a crazy take.

I don’t even see my windfury procs they may as well just remove it from the game.

1 Like

Do you need coaching?
Have you ever considered that you simply don’t like these specs?

If you think WotLK version is better, I insist that you go there instead of attempting to tamper with what is, in the eyes of many, the best version of enhance that has ever existed.

4 Likes

I think you have point, but the Legion prune was terrible. I think that is what people are afraid of. I don’t have faith in the current team that they could retool classes and make them fun.

I loved Mistweaver Monk in MoP, and Blizzard just butchered it during the class pruning.

I think the bigger issue at the moment is player power relative to the world content. Classes are just too powerful, it makes the game extremely boring. I think this is why a lot of people like Classic, not the rotations.

Vanilla rotations were pretty boring. Wrath was a lot better, but still had issues.

2 Likes

Idk bro playing Spellhance in WoTLK is incredibly satisfying, your windfury absolutely evaporating squishies.

You have some good points, but i already played vanilla and have zero interest in doing over again when current content is waiting for me.

To your point, I do have 3 friends playing classic, and for them, i think the reason is that they can figure out how to parse high in classic, while in retail, they get overwhelmed. To me the answer is don’t try to be top parse and just enjoy the game. But in classic they are able to be elite and brag about it while failing in retail. And as a result they always claim retail is terrible, not because it is terrible, but because they are terrible at it.

9 Likes

Telling someone to go play another game is 100% telling them to quit WoW. All you did was use different words. Same outcome.

4 Likes

My LK warlock has more rotational spells than my DF warlock.

5 Likes

Feels like just yesterday the forums were whining about ability pruning.

3 Likes

Hitting a mob for 100% it’s HP with Soul fire is so good.

I mean, I’m glad you enjoy it I guess?

If that was your pitch for enh design being best in WotLK it was pretty weak. Anyway the point is don’t dumb down the specs, people just need to l2p or accept they don’t like them. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

5 Likes

This is what I don’t get about classic players.

They have every right to their opinion, but if they think classic is so superior to retail, they can . . . go play classic. And leave retail alone.

4 Likes

lol. just lol.

you base an opinion on a FB group.

4 Likes

Or people could just build simpler specs for themselves. It might actually result in them doing more damage than playing the complicated spec poorly.

4 Likes

Pressing windfury or totem relocation every pull isn’t skill it is just annoying

Pressing ice strike and then frost shock on a different Acton slot isn’t skill it’s just annoying.

They are just mad because they tried retail and couldn’t figure out how to be elite, so they bash retail and brag about their classic parses, that only rely on 3 button rotations.

3 Likes

That spell is why enhance has a raid spot without having to worry about tuning.

Ummmnnnn
No.

Maybe the older player base in your FB group is but I’m in some FB WoW oriented groups and see nothing of the sort and that one’s alot of us in our 40s’50’s and 60s oh yeah and 70s so yeah, sounds like you are in.

1 Like

Changing WFT to an aura reduces the the amount of globals you use by one every two minutes. One. Some people even have totemic projection macro’d to SS.

QoL? Sure. But still vastly different than your original “I can’t do it pls remove all these buttons” argument. So I don’t think you even know what you want.

1 Like

Yes and sometimes i just want to burn a couple hours of mindlessly killing mobs to farm something and listen to podcasts or youtube etc
 I don’t want my gametime to always be competitive .

1 Like