Older fan base is migrating to classic cause difficulty

On the largest Facebook wow group we had a poll and the majority of votes on why people left retail to classic was difficultly.

10 minute fights of 60 APM

Then just the obscene button bloat, enhancement elemental build shaman has like a 4 Cooldowns ( Feral Spirits, Doomwinds,Sundering and Acendance)

Every fight you press Flame shock and Windfury totem then these are 2 dead slots until you have to reapply them, but 2 dead slots on your action bar immediately.

Ice strike and Frost Shock are another 20+ second deadslot after you press them.

You need lighting bolt on your bar to use Primordial Wave as intended, so you have Lighting bolt another dead slot on your action bar.

Then the rotation itself is like storm strike, lava Lash, Elemental blast, flame shock, lighting bolt, ice strike, frost shock
AoE gives you Crash lighting and Chain lighting then your 4 Cooldowns and Windfury totem.

That’s 15 buttons for damage, not even talking about utility or defensives.

Is this more fun than Enhancement in WoTLK?

Answer: No… in Wrath of The Lich king Enhancement is incredibly fun, from just the buttons feeling fun to press. My fire Nova totem in wotlk feels better to press than Sunder on retail.

not only are the retail rotations so convulutated youre also fighting retail content, no wonder the older crowd wanting to just relax for the evening doesn’t like it

80 Likes

Give it up already. Once you say button instead of skill and say you think having combat options is bloat, you lose the plot and no one cares what you think anymore. Lame MMOs like ESO are that way, go walk in that direction.

44 Likes

Blizzard works by monkey’s paw logic. Once we had a lot of spell bloat due to several expansions os new abilities, so we asked for a pruning.

They responded by monkey pawing it by removing almost everything we had, including most utility spells.

We then complained they removed too much and asked for some utility back. They responded by monkey pawing it again this expansion and bloating some classes far beyond we ever had.

34 Likes

I’m personally 29, but I’m still hitting high elo in league of legends so i can enjoy high APM content but sometimes I’m playing WoW I’m like jfc.

You’re calling them options but how is pressing flame shock, windfury every pull “options”

How is having ice strike and Frost Shock not be a single button combo but two separate buttons not bloat.

How is keeping lightning bolt accessible on my bar so i can use it every 1+ minute with primordial wave " options "
It isn’t it’s bloat.

In Shadowlands PTR the devs said they weren’t adding Flametounge totem back cause having a unfun button you just press cause it does nothing but nets more overall damage didn’t feel good

10 Likes

complains about button bloat…plays classic.

38 Likes

How big is this group? I feel like the odds of it being a statistically significant portion of the older player population (let alone the entire population) are incredibly small.

29 Likes

I think the majority who migrate to classic, migrate for nostalgia’s sake more than anything else.

26 Likes

You lost the plot.

If you are going to make a “button bloat” troll post, use the format you trolls have been using since your influencer started this campaign.

Say RETAIL is too bloated, play retail, call people that like it old, add in a random idiot idea that even 1-0 is too many “buttons” and that we only need 1-5 TOPS because your brain hurts too much and move on.

Attempting to play CLASSIC and then complain about what OTHER PEOPLE say they are playing it for is ridiculous.

15 Likes

The irony here is that when I went back and tried classic after playing retail since 2004, I went back to retail because classic was too hard. If classic was being introduced today, with no current retail, I’d never play.

6 Likes

Ehh dude classic isn’t hard

6 Likes

Sheesh, have a Snickers man!

2 Likes

I disagree, most of the hardcore and classic guilds I’ve been in most people didn’t even play vanilla. I didn’t either, it’s usually a mix of retails bad and classic just being the better game to some people.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself. I tried three different classes and couldn’t get one past level 20. Here, I can ignore half my buttons and still kill stuff relatively well.

Is there a reward for doing so,if not they’ll be back when they’re done.

Really? Swapping over to a new character…lol, now THAT is in line with button bloat trolling protocol.

7 Likes

I can assure you, I’m not the OP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ding ding.

These button bloat troll threads should get auto removed.

11 Likes

Don’t be a jerk. Telling players to leave isn’t going to make your game better.
The button bloat could be improved without the need for removing spells, it just takes some innovation. A thing as simple as base UI macro functionality on spells, like when flame shock is off cooldown it’s flame shock and when it’s on cooldown it becomes lava burst. I am aware that this example doesn’t always work, but it’s just an example. There are many spells where you could make this work that would remove bloat without taking spells away and that’s just 1 idea from some old guy on the forums.
The paid think tank can come up with the great ideas that don’t involve “JUST QUIT LOL!”
They just need some inspiration and the complaint from the OP is exactly that. An idea of something Blizzard should work on improving. Do they need to do exactly what the OP is requesting? No, but it’s a good thing for them to know what the problem is, even if the provided solution isn’t reasonable.

8 Likes

I’d like them remove a lot of CC that classes have. PVP is a nightmare.

3 Likes

Where did the person tell them to quit? He said stop posting troll threads and this IS a troll thread. The only difference between this one and the 100s of others is he is trolling classic instead of retail.

6 Likes