Older fan base is migrating to classic cause difficulty

I’ve come to terms with the button bloat and embraced it to the point where I’m now highly irritated by the GCD.

I wish they would just turn the GCD off for Rogues or everything that isn’t a rotation button should just be off the GCD. I would like to Feint and Vial at the same time and macro Sprint to Grappling Hook, stuff like that.
They’re just restricting stuff to try and save the servers and be anal retentive at this point.

1 Like

It depends on what it is.

For example they brought curses back to warlocks for DF and that was a good thing. Having a new mandatory tertiary DPS button to press or tie into a macro isn’t really adding any value though and yes it does significantly hinder a lot of less knowledgeable players.

Less mandatory stuff in the rotations is good.

1 Like

Nvm, Sprint and Hook are off the GCD. Didn’t realize it because Hook just went baseline today, wasn’t even specced into it because it was a dmg loss and Blizzard is numb in the brain.

Yawn, give me a break. You are not going to convince anyone that ESO has more skills than WoW. If you are doing NOTHING during the GCDs of your main skills, you are failing and not playing your class to full effect. The off-skills are there for a reason. Also, learn what your support skills are and actually use them.

WoW is never going to go to a garbage system like ESO has.

1 Like

Asmon says it all the times, boomers only play classic because they cant react fast enough for anything past Ulduar. Think why when Uld dropped Wrath had a drop in players and classic era had a jump. Dont get me wrong i play all three and the game isnt hard its just you need to pay attention more in retail and the devs know since now you can see where the attack is going to land you can react faster vs ICC where theres one big mechanic

ESO combat actually has a way higher skill gap over WoW.

I’m talking about hardmode dungeons and the trials. You need to pull 100k dps in this content minimum.

I often see people complain about ESO, but they probably never set foot in any of the hard content in the game.

Sure, you only have to manage 12 skills on your hotbars, but each skill is very impactful, and resource management and light attack weaving is very hard to master.

Most people that play ESO just dabble in the overland content, which requires almost no skill. You can just spam light attacks in this content and never have an issue.

I’m not trying to pick a fight here, but ESO requires probably more actions per minute than WoW. The main complaint with ESO is that the combat animations are god awful, and players have to use animation cancelling to do good dps. People don’t complain about the lack of skills.

I think a lot of WoW players are stuck in the EQ mindset of having to have 5 hotbars worth of skills. You don’t need to have a ton of skills to make interesting mmo combat.

I don’t want WoW to go the route of ESO, but some specs are just bogged down in too many buttons, while others are way too simple.

I miss the old days of having longer CDs, or weird skills like Sentry totem that would more situational. This is where the devs could have a lot of fun with skills, while pruning some of the more bloated rotations.

yes yes, ESO panned for its terrible combat is leagues better than WoW because you dont like having “so many buttons”.

And obviously ESO has “more actions per minute”…its an ACTION RPG and that is why it went from subscription to B2P faster than ANY MMORPG did. It could not retain players, the thing sold millions of copies based on its name and could not retain enough to sustain its model. but im sure the thing people do the most in the game, combat, had nothing at all to do with it.

So, if WoWs combat is so bad, why are you paying to play it and posting here instead of being in the fantastic game that is ESO? Oh wait, sorry…forgot how this topic is played…make-believe because WoW had MORE “buttons” when it first came out than it does now. WoW tried purging before, it failed hard and so they started to bring actual depth back to combat but still have not gotten back to what they had when WoW was at the peak of its popularity.

1 Like

I never said it was better. I’m just pointing out your complete lack of experience with ESO’s combat. At best, you probably bought the game and dabbled in it for a few months.

Um, the game is still trucking along with new expansions every year. They put out more content than WoW each year.

Game is still going, when I log onto ESO, tons of people are playing.

People play multiple games silly. I play Lotro, WoW and ESO.

I’m 56 and still on retail, chugging away

1 Like

“Lame MMOs like ESO” have other methods of skill expression than just knowing how to hit lots of buttons in a specific order really, really fast. Classic WoW I played a hunter with much fewer keybinds but I expressed skill with trapping and being very good at kiting. I saved runs a few times by dragging bosses in circles while the healers got the tanks back up.

Guild Wars 2 has fewer buttons but I can express skill on, say, an elementalist by knowing when to shift to my water spell bar and dart through a raid healing people. (GW2 also has the Buff Everything endgame but I do consider that a mark against it).

WoW is convoluted as well as complex. I miss when the game awarded situational awareness but didn’t make you tangle your fingers. If you are a 23 year old with a special MMO mouse and the time to devote to learning all the buttons then I guess I tip my bonnet to you. But the playerbase of WoW really does skew older and I think we’re getting sick of the current design philosophy.

I do want to point out though that having lots of buttons isn’t the only issue. It’s lots of buttons and no flow. Like warlocks in MoP had a lot of buttons but they played smoothly and intuitively. Shadow priests in Dragonflight make me go cross-eyed just reading the rotation.

You keep using your personal opinion in the face of reality. “tons of people”, “chugging along”…blinding ignoring how you are trying to say its normal to pay every month to play a game that you dont like all while comparing an action mmo to a non-action mmo.

Rail on, WoW will never turn into an action mmo.

See my reply above. If you want action combat, go play an action MMO.

1 Like

I play both WoW and ESO together, and I have criticisms for both games, and I still love each game. I love Lord of the Rings online too, even though the game has tons of problems.

No one is asking for this. I’m just pointing out that you have zero clue what you’re talking about when it comes to ESO.

ESO has a healthy population, despite its flaws, as does WoW. No game is perfect.

an action mmo

You continually ignoring this shows you are the one that does not know ESO and why the combat is different.

Imagine playing Skyrim and then demanding the combat be more like God of War. Do you demand Mario have Sonics speed? How about playing FIFA and wanting more tackles like Madden…jesus…just because they are both MMOs does not mean they are the same type of game.

Maybe they are migrating because botting is easier? LOL!

Just hope they were not all caught up in the recent 200,000 account ban wave LMAO!

Yeah, you’re just trolling at this point here. Your comments don’t even make sense.

I explained in depth about ESO combat, and your rebuttals are “ESO BAD” , “You don’t know ESO”

Thank you for proving me right when I say, you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about here.

The same goes for WoW. 8k achievements kind of backs this up.

Your highest toon is level 65, you don’t even have a max level character. Feel free to link your armory profile of your main if I’m wrong.

I accept your lack of acknowledging the different types of games there are as concession to the topic and not arguing in good faith.

1 Like

I think it is hilarious that you’re using your alts to like your posts. You got some issues mate.

Dunning-Kruger effect on full display here.

Edit: Now you’re making a post using your Classic alt. This is some weird behavior.

Don’t try to gaslight us, dweeb. No one said wow was bad, we responded to you saying ESO was bad.

I may be casual these days, only raid heroic and low 20’s m+ key’s , but it wasn’t always that way… :rofl: I’ve played both wow and eso at their highest level. I have experience in both that you clearly lack, the experience needed to… ya know, make an actual meaningful opinion :joy: Everything you have said about eso is false, and from what you have said about wow, I’m betting you aren’t very good… especially hiding on an alt account.

Wow damage rotations are slow-paced, long cast times, skill cooldowns, long gcds, it’s like taking a zzz vacation to someone highly fluent in an eso rotation. Wow is difficult in other ways like mechanical complexity and larger player raids (more people to make mistakes) . Damage rotations… is not what makes wow difficult, at all.

I know wow is your super favorite game and you have tribalism running through your veins, but other mmo’s are good too, lol.

Agreed, the guy has no idea what he is talking about, in either game lol

The 1980s want their outdated grade school insult back.

A games core is its combat, you “dweebs” are claiming the combat is bad and are comparing it to an action MMO game. A thing I already tore apart.

So long and gag me with a spoon with these lame arguments. Word, to your mother.