Old timers?

Undeadwar!! Long time no see!! I think most of the old School DHOC has quit or left the server, I still occasionally see Grim on. I took a break, transferred off the server to Daggerspine then that server died. Came back hoping to catch some old school friends around. I think Bowanak still plays but haven't seen him on lately. Hope the family life is going well! I played on my WF Shaman back in the day Bashne.
1 Like
Been here since the beginning and yes I have the nice statue Blizz sent us. Raided in a little alliance guild, Dwarven Elite Guard.
1 Like
Been here since Vanilla
Horde old school represent on gilneas
Carpe Diem
EndGame
Phoenix Raiders
Vendetta
Raid Inc
etc.... etc....
anyone who was from these guilds hit me up!
TEAM ALLIANCE CHECKING IN!
Just restarted WoW a week ago...My original account was Turagdar with Storm. That was 15 years ago! I see lots changed here! Where did everyone go!!!
10/14/2016 02:03 AMPosted by Zyron
Been on Gilneas since 2005. Used to raid with my priest Avercy in Beyond. I remember Chuck Norris jokes in trade chat, setting Anbar on ignore, battling with Storm for world bosses, spending 2+ hours on dungeons, and the horrors of Barrens chat. Loving Legion so far, but so much has changed.

Shout out to the old Beyond/Storm rivalry! Every few years I get a little nostalgic and watch the Dopefish Exploration video. That always encourages me to look at the Gilneas forums to see who's still checking in.

I guess I'm the only one that thought Anbar was funny. Here's a few of my Gilneas related memories:

• The first pug that killed Azuregos had some loot ninja'd, the reaction was pretty tremendous.
  • I remember Arke, Dagnar, or maybe Rurgan announcing in Ironforge that Onyxia had been killed and Rikta jumps in general chat with Alliance Action News has details at 7!
  • In Excel we worked on C'Thun a long time before getting a kill. The run backs were agony. It took a ridiculous amount of time for wipe recovery. During the downtime Avwen would tell stories about his great great grandfather Jebediah Avwen who was among the first Pilgrims to settle the new world. Good morale boost!
  • When I was raiding with Faz and INTY we did the kill the faction leader achievement and all got war bears. We arranged ourselves as a phallus in Ironforge and one guy had a white bear to shoot a load on passersby.
  • We had a pretty epic forum troll, but I forget his name. He was a pretty good paladin tank and he always felt like the big guilds never gave him a chance.
  • I remember going to the Orgrimmar zeppelin tower with one of the mages in my guild (Beyond at the time) and we started a huge pvp war.
  • Rurgan led an attack on Barrens/crossroads, we called it the battle of Thorn Hill. That was an even bigger PVP breakout than the zeppelin battle. I wish I still had some of those screenshots but I don't.

I'm grateful for my WoW time on Gilneas. I think I learned a lot about how to function effectively in a group, how to do research, and how to problem solve. If anyone knows what the heck I'm talking about, cheers!

-Manwe/Fellhew
2 Likes
I don't know why, but I no-lifed my original character up to item level 932 in like four days. It's nice to still be able to recognize some Horde guilds (Fist of Thrall, End of Legends, etc) and even some character names, although I figure most people that might recognize my name either moved to other servers or moved on from the game entirely. Which is understandable after 13 years, anyway.

It's interesting to reflect on my time on the server from 2004 to 2010, being an attention-seeking spastic in my earlier years and how I've evolved as a person since then. Personally I really look forward to Classic servers so I can relive that original experience, but much smarter and more mature - I'll be on there from day one, whenever that is.

If any brohans want to add me, my BattleTag is Ragor#1591. ✓
Our Gilneas old timers thread is longer than Elune's. I think our hands are bigger...lol

Hey any of you people from NICE guild still around? I know you remember...
Just signed up for another month because I have the itch since I am really looking forward to playing Classic when it comes out!

Anyone from Disrupted still around? Kinda guessing not, but thought I would throw it out there anyway :)
Bump for moar posts than Elune :)
Undeadwar <3 ! Savante checking in, founding member of Raid Inc along with Tuckdriver (Jaelsun), Wid and Mokoshne, and later member of EOL as Fovos (mage). Much love to all old timers,,,Raid Inc and Eol members and Team Horde and Team Alliance members!
1 Like
Hello peeps!
I enjoyed playing with, or against, just about everyone I met on this server.
If I knew you, I liked you. Unless you were a gold farmer
10/17/2017 06:39 AMPosted by Molochi
Undeadwar!! Long time no see!! I think most of the old School DHOC has quit or left the server, I still occasionally see Grim on. I took a break, transferred off the server to Daggerspine then that server died. Came back hoping to catch some old school friends around. I think Bowanak still plays but haven't seen him on lately. Hope the family life is going well! I played on my WF Shaman back in the day Bashne.

I'm still in touch with a few of the old DHoC crew. I'll reach out and see where Bowanak has been hiding.
Oh the memories in Ascendant back in BC, have since switched to horde. Barely play now, still in touch with Dhamon and talked with Fuzzles a year or more ago. Good times!
Shout out to any old friends, Templers of Lordaeron, Primal Order, Storm, Beyond.
Horde friends, Chaotic tomb, The Laughing Stock, End of Legends.

I hope you are all well
Talk about a blast from the past.
Not this toon...but i still have and play my first toon ever..rhune. almost 14 years now...

Guess that qualifies as an oldtimer here.
04/21/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Fayld
Just signed up for another month because I have the itch since I am really looking forward to playing Classic when it comes out!

Anyone from Disrupted still around? Kinda guessing not, but thought I would throw it out there anyway :)

Sup dog.
2 Likes
OG Gilnean here, signed up in Feb of 2005. I was a member of one of the several guilds that got folded into Unwanted Council back in the day. As you can see, I still roll casual with a lot of those fine folks.

Cheers!
Great to see you Eurymas!