Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA

I agree some of the arguments are a bit shallow and debunkable… but c’mon man… A large majority are not going to want to group for old content. They may… grudginly or otherwise but it’s just a waste of time not “quality” time. This is bad for enjoyment overall. Surely you can see this.

1 Like

he’s a troll in every thread about this

2 Likes

Call us in a few months when a good portion of the players have tossed in the towel and left.

2 Likes

I am so sick of needing a group for Antorus/ToS.

2 Likes

90% damage buff to us and 90% health and damage debuff to legion raid mobs. do it blizz

How does not scaling the drops to current, but making it harder to do solo incentivize it?

1 Like

Well here’s the thing bud - why marginalize your customers? Since I’m pretty sure your polly anna attitude is an outlier, I don’t think you represent the soundest opinion to look at from a business perspective. To me, it’s basically contempt for a player’s time. It’s not like Bliz doesn’t know a good deal of people enjoy hunting down old mogs and mounts. Why screw them over?

3 Likes

Yep he is. Gets defensive and plays the victim when you call him out, though.

Anyway, I’m very unhappy with this decision. I’ve been waiting for two years to be able to go back and solo Legion raids for that sweet, sweet mythic gear, and if I can’t, I won’t be sticking around. That’s where most of my time in this game is spent honestly. It’s crazy that they either haven’t realized that a huge portion of their playerbase enjoys going back to old content for cosmetics, or they know it and they’re intentionally changing this so we can’t do it or we have to wait even longer for it. For… reasons.

6 Likes

I absolutely disagree. This isn’t going to bring new people to run it. People run old content to see things they missed and to pick up stuff like transmogs and mounts. It’s a form of farming. Which can be tedious enough as it is. Having to worry about getting other people involved or worrying about getting killed are not going to lessen that tedium.

6 Likes

Help Titanspite get her belt!

I find this to be subjective, I personally am ok with the changes Ion is proposing. I think welcoming new players to the deep lore and art style of previous WoW content is far more important than having veteran players run things for their own personal fashion reasons.

Oh god…you had to witness as your pathetic magic betrayed you? I thought we were wayyyyyyyy past that.

But completing Antorus/ToS sets is soooo tedious/annoying…

This is the exact mentality that Ion is trying to veer the community away from, we shouldn’t just diminish years of art and lore simply because we’re veteran players. There are people who have yet to experience it, and the proposed changes will allow that to transition to happen.

If you find one player in this thread that agrees with you, maybe you’d have a point. Your head is so stuck in the sand you don’t realize you are going back on your own points… :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m glad one level 35 priest thinks the changes are ok. Must just be me then.

If you truly believe new players are raiding en-masse to constitute doing this I can only slightly understand that; which I think is highly dubious at best. It’s just annoying the people who actually want to do old content. But agree to disagree I suppose is best.

I’m not here to convince anyone of anything, i’m just offering my input just like everyone else.

That may be true, but I think it’s a terrible idea and, I think, is going to not be well received.

Yes! This is a mature way of doing it, we can respectfully agree to disagree :slight_smile: