Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA

Who ever asked for it to be like that? Old players don’t want to team up with new players. Right now they’re busy farming anima, soul ash, and stygia. They’re pushing their Mythic+ keys and figuring out the Castle Nathria fights! The last thing they want is to team up on ten-year-old content with a new player who wants to farm a cool mount that they saw. What problem are they solving by promoting a style of play that no one wants to engage in? Let solo content remain solo content.

4 Likes

It’s all lvl 50 content now, right? So we don’t double it anymore

Yeah… the door handle fell off in 91… Its normal to have a coat hanger poking out of the window seal at all times instead of fixing it by this point!
-Blizzard maintenance and improvement team

1 Like

This is where I think we have to agree to disagree, because in my opinion I feel like Ion and the dev time is trying to be inclusive of every type of player, old or new and the scaling changes will bring these players together to achieve one like minded goal of completing old content while allowing both types of players to receive the reward they want.

Nope! Plus we were told that we would still be able to solo old content after the squish.

4 Likes

My guess is whatever way they achieved the scaling along with the stat squish (assuming a combination of which is causing the issue) can’t be easily fixed, if at all, so they’re now trying to explain it away as “working as intended”.

Now, when or if they finally do figure out how to actually fix it, they can say they were listening to player feedback rather than “fixing” anything.

yup, it’s the “it’s a feature, not a bug” argument.

Right now they are trying to make sure their latest expansion isn’t crashing and burning. After that, i think they will take a look at scaling, because its not a high priority issue compared to all the thing they are having to fix in actual SL.

This
Chars

that or he just has a very talented mouth… im simply saying what we’re all thinking

he’s a great mouthpiece for stupid ideas

1 Like

Wait, is this legit? Had really been looking forward to going through all the Legion raids for transmogs on alts and what not, instead I can’t even clear anything on my main.

4 Likes

My theory is that they know how bad Shadowlands is and so therefore have scaled it so that you can’t go back.

Ironically, I’m leaving all my toons except one at level 50 since they’re objectively more powerful than my level 60.

3 Likes

Not her but the small spiders that will stun you with the webs till the end of times if you dont kill Beth when you’re in the upper phase.

Ion is pretty much the worst thing period. A pretentious, overpaid, elitist lawyer who smugly talks his way around legitimate game issues and ignores directly responding to players because his inflated ego cannot deal with even the most minor criticism? Uh, yeah - he’s horrible.

11 Likes

I hated those when I first started soloing Firelands :rofl: I haven’t been there in a while but for the longest time all you had to do was bonk her and she would come back down and die. I don’t know what it’s like anymore.

This. So much this. I’m glad I’m not the only to feel this.

2 Likes

Are they though? You have literally hundreds of players in this thread alone telling you that Ion is not being inclusive of them, and here you are claiming exactly the opposite. To quote Judge Judy’s book title, “Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining.” You can shut your eyes and plug your ears, but the reality remains.

5 Likes

This was before people realized the gear was going to be rare and they wouldn’t be able to solo legion content.

1 Like

Just look at how nasty and vile these comments are towards someone who they don’t even know

The problem is that if the community did want to see a change, it shouldn’t come from a hateful place. Folks need to learn to respect one another despite our differing opinions. And I stand by the previous point I made, I think Ion and the dev team are working hard, during a pandemic no less to deliver us a good product. Things take time to happen, and we can’t expect to make everyone happy 3 weeks in to a new expansion.

That’s certainly not the case, if people can’t solo the old raid content anymore. If people want to raid old content, there are better ways to accommodate it without destroying the solo aspect, like CHOOSING to time walk, or something similar.

1 Like